Champions League knockout stage draw

Originally Posted by SinnerP

eek.gif
 How was that not a pen?
moz-screenshot.png
article-0-000DC9B700000258-54_468x286.jpg

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Who just saw that FK that Drogba banged off the underside of the bar? Made it look easy as hell. Dude is straight lethal. No striker on the face of the earth can F with Drogba on his best day.
Drogba is one of the best but there are plenty of strikers that can "F" with Drogba.

Eto'o has been playing like crap. It seems like there's a disconnect between him and the rest of his team mates...he doesnt have the chemistry with them that he had with his Barca team mates.

That was definitely a foul by Samuel...dude didn't even make a play at the ball
laugh.gif
. He should've just let Kalou take the shot from the tough angle, Kalou misses much easier chances than that.

Do y'all think Italians would accept a black man (Balotelli) representing their NT? He's already turned down Ghana where he'd probably be a guaranteed starter.

Chelsea are gonna have to waste a sub taking out Cech.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Do y'all think Italians would accept a black man (Balotelli) representing their NT? He's already turned down Ghana where he'd probably be a guaranteed starter.

Not sure but they would be crazy not to. When he has his head on straight he is very talented.

Cuchu
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
  Julio with the hands
indifferent.gif

Lampard defnitely should have struck that better.. that was great play by Drogba/Anelka.

A player like him is desperately needed on the NT at this time and they know that. Most Italians do accept him (he's already featured on their U-21 team), and they're calling on Lippi to call him up this summer. Yeah, there's probably a minority of folks there who reject him, but that's not surprising.

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

A player like him is desperately needed on the NT at this time and they know that. Most Italians do accept him (he's already featured on their U-21 team), and they're calling on Lippi to call him up this summer. Yeah, there's probably a minority of folks there who reject him, but that's not surprising.
Lippi is not a fan of his tantrums and moodswings
laugh.gif

Interesting question. I think they would, if for no other reason than because almost every other European power has had black players at some point. Germany with Asamoga, England and France and Portugal obviously as well. and I think it'd been much tougher for him if he played outside the country, but since he plays for Inter that will serve as a transition to his acceptance as an NT player. 
As for the Drogba comment, I guess my point was that if I needed a pure striker for one game, and the striker was guaranteed to be fit and "in the mood", I'd take Drogba over anyone else. 

Chelsea should've been better in this game. They were robbed of a penalty but Lampard should've done much better with Anelka's pass. He put a weak foot on it and sent it straight at the keeper when any decent shot would have been the equalizer. I don't think they're in a bad position going back to Stamford but they could have been going home in a great position. Although Cambiasso's goal was sort of flukey, although his strike was sick. 

It's a good result for both teams. Just 1-0 will be enough to put Chelsea through in the 2nd leg. I hope Mourinho has Inter going for the jugular instead of his typical negative approach on the road.

Happy with the score, could of been waaaay worse.

Lucio was fantastic.

Wish we got a 3rd for the Bridge, Inter will probably park the bus there.

I still don't get how Kalou was'nt subbed earlier. Joe Cole would of made some difference after the 70th minute or so when both sides became kinda stale.

now i have even more respect for Laurent Blanc...
once a great player,he's on his way to become a great coach i'm sure...

...a future successor to Sir Alex,perhaps?
eek.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Oskar Kokoshka

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

Lippi is not a fan of his tantrums and moodswings
laugh.gif

Italy needs Balotelli, its not a matter of if he will be in the NT, but when, and if he plays well he will be accepted.
And he isn't the only black man that could be representing Italy in the next 4 or 5 years, Fulham striker Stefano Okaka (on loan from Roma), could very well partner Mario uptop come 2014...I personally, would love to see that.

Finally, some meaningful football to be played this week. Fabregas is out for the return leg. They just need a 1-0 result so no need to worry, right Gooners? Nasri is the future anyway and hopefully he'll show it.

Fiorentina-Bayern should be interesting. Mutu is out for Fiorentina and Ribery is doubtful for BM. They also lost Demichelis last week courtesy of Ballack. Fiorentina look stronger in CL than they do in the league and their fans will be crunk for this one, especially if they lose lol. I think BM will get the away goal and then some, hope Fiorentina prove me wrong though cause they're Italy's best chance of advancing to the next round.

Well, that didn't take long. They were playing fluid football from the jump and deserved the goal.

Bendtner only needed one chance today.

Back
Top Bottom