Chargeback on paypal

@superblytrife Misrepresented. For example, it was asked if there was any heel drag. Seller responded "No"

Last edited:
how are you still talking?

you got the refund and never shipped the shoes back.

that's theft my friend

Originally Posted by instagram
you got the refund and never shipped the shoes back.

that's theft my friend
This.  

Why is he having trouble understanding this?

What did the pictures show?
He didn't send any; it was difficult to even get pics requested at all so I took his word. Shouldn't have been so trusting. A few more facts: Seller took 2 days to ship after payment was made, I was advised that they would be sent Priority Mail; they weren't, and I sent over info about making a free custom shipping box from USPS to help reduce the cost to ship; which was ignored. I've re-engaged PayPal today, who advised that they have reached out to the seller to recover shipping costs. In addition, I made a follow up call later today and confirmed that the seller has been contacted. Per the formal process, I am awaiting follow up regarding the sellers response. Meanwhile, the seller has gone missing.

He didn't send any; it was difficult to even get pics requested at all so I took his word. Shouldn't have been so trusting. A few more facts: Seller took 2 days to ship after payment was made, I was advised that they would be sent Priority Mail; they weren't, and I sent over info about making a free custom shipping box from USPS to help reduce the cost to ship; which was ignored. I've re-engaged PayPal today, who advised that they have reached out to the seller to recover shipping costs. In addition, I made a follow up call later today and confirmed that the seller has been contacted. Per the formal process, I am awaiting follow up regarding the sellers response. Meanwhile, the seller has gone missing.
But you knew they were used shoes though?used /vvvvvvvvnds

you got a refund and chose not to send the shoes back.

as far as im concerned youre a scammer until seller gets his shoes back.

My only question here is if the seller represented the condition of the shoes correctly prior to the buyer paying. If he did, the buyer has absolutely nothing to complain about.

You buy used items as-is and as they're represented in pictures. I still say buddy got the shoes and realized he paid way too much for what look to be beaters. Buyer's remorse isn't free reign to ask for a refund though, at least IMO. You agreed to purchase what are clearly heavily worn shoes--take the L and learn from your mistake.
i agree with this.  if a seller is upfront about the condition of the item and their policy is no refunds, you can't cry foul when said item isn't to your liking. 

sellers need to be upfront and clear in their descriptions though. aside from it being the right thing to do since you don't want to intentionally mislead anyone, you also want to do as much as you can to cover yourself in a potential not as described claim or chargeback.                       

better to be clear and upfront about the condition of an item and mention any flaws so that a disgruntled buyer doesn't have much ground to stand on when everything they took exception to was clearly described in the listing.                                                                                        

problem is though that alot of sellers are only thinking about making the sale, and would rather downplay the flaws or things of that nature when selling used items and make them sound better then what they really are and when they do that the buyer is within reason to make the claim.

the more i'm reading in this thread, it does seem as if the seller did a subpar job describing the condition of the shoes.   the buyer is handling this in a total petty manner but the more i read, the more it seems as if he was within reason for taking exception to the condition of the shoes/ 

mean.gif

Okay...............

Let's start from the beginning.

@Hanacheezy  made his listing way back in early November. I wasn't a mod back then, so I'm not sure what was up with the listing. There is no mention at all of whether the shoes are DS or used. That should have been mentioned in the listing, as it is very important. If the shoes are used, it is required that the seller provides pics of the bottom soles of the shoes. Without seeing the bottom sole pics in the listing, and to see that the listing was approved, it is not far fetched to believe that the shoes were DS (or in this case, lightly used). Looking at the listing here, the shoes look pretty damn clean (even if used) compared to the pics that both Hanacheezy sent to him recently and the pics that @mrmakemoney  provided in his text messages when he received the shoes. 

Hanacheezy did a good job in actually providing updated tagged pics of the shoes to the buyer, and he did make sure to show that the shoes were used according to this post. But now I'm reading from the buyer that he didn't send any updated pics to him according to this post.

Lets be honest now, Hanacheezy, did you wear the shoes after you created the listing? If that was the case, you definitely should have mentioned that, and/or provided even more updated pics to avoid any confusion of the current condition of the shoes you were selling.

There is a rule where if you create a listing, you have to update your tagged pics every 3 weeks. Looking at this situation, it looks like we need to be more strict with the enforcement of that rule, instead of giving folks the benefit of the doubt. If the listing is very old, we do go in and delete the old listings, so if the seller still wants to sell the shoes, he or she has to create a new listing with updated tagged pics. Clearly, this listing falls in the "very old" category, and it should have been deleted, which would have made Hanacheezy redo the listing and update the tags, if he still wanted to sell them.

Clearly, mrmakemoney was not happy with the condition that the shoes were in when he received them. He reached out to the seller saying that he wants to return the shoes, because they weren't as described in the listing. From what it looks like, it looks like that the seller wasn't going to refund him, so he filed a chargeback. mrmakemoney got his money back, but he won't send Hanacheezy the shoes back. He will do "as PayPal instructs me."

From what I know, the point of a chargeback is if the seller isn't willing to issue a refund for whatever reason, as long as your reason is legit, you can file a chargeback to get a refund, while holding on to the item. I'm positive it wasn't made so that you can get a refund, and once you get a refund, you get to just keep the shoes. No way.

Based on what i've seen/read, @mrmakemoney, you are committing larceny and UOENO. It is time to give back the shoes, man. You have your money back. If you can't see why people are calling you a thief/scammer, then I don't know what to tell you. 

@Hanacheezy  & @mrmakemoney, do you dispute anything that has been said above? Speak up, now.

Cliffs
  • @Hanacheezy  should have been more upfront and detailed on the current condition of the shoes, especially since that particular listing was old.
  • @mrmakemoney  got the shoes, and wanted a refund. After some time, he files a chargeback and he got his money back. He decides to still keep the shoes, even after getting his money back. In that case, he is committing larceny.
Yo @bigj505  and @s dubl, what do y'all think??

You know what @ricerocket, you just convinced me to be the MUCH bigger man in this situation. I know I'm right, but I'll Handle this because if I stick to my guns, dude will never get his shoes...because he's actually the one that's broke. This whole episode has been very entertaining though. I hope those of you who could relate to my viewpoint have taken note of those who feel that buddy was actually right here.

:lol: I always laugh when people try to make claims over the internet when they have no idea who the person is, where they work, the volunteer work they do, the education they have, the career they're working towards, etc. If you want to know more about me feel free to ask. This will prevent you from making dubious claims in the future. Seems like you have some growing up to do

You are unhappy with used shoes you received. You're talking about being the bigger man yet you mentioned how you are being difficult and petty on purpose. Paypal attempted to contact you Friday, the representative put me on hold while she called your phone and sent you an email. Yet, you said you hadn't heard from them. And you wonder why I made this thread

I have not lied once throughout this, I did not see the email. You said I took 2 days to ship the shoes, I told you I was working on a project at work and was in contact with you the entire time. You are the first buyer I have ever had an issue with through my 10 years on NT

Last edited:
@KMante

Listing was from a while back, shoes were never worn after they were listed. I texted the buyer updated pics before he bought them, they are shown in the thread. Everything else is correct.

@KMante

Listing was from a while back, shoes were never worn after they were listed. I texted the buyer updated pics before he bought them, they are shown in the thread. Everything else is correct.
if the listing was from awhile back... and they werent worn after listing.... why would you need "updated" pix?

this whole situation ain't adding up on both sides....

if the listing was from awhile back... and they werent worn after listing.... why would you need "updated" pix?

updated pics bc if i see an old listing i'd like update pics. duh....

The seller says that pictures were sent though.  They're in this thread.  So who do we believe?  

Also, you're really complaining about him taking 2 days to ship???  For me, that's standard and there isn't anything wrong with that.  And as far as not shipping Priority after agreeing to, yeah, that kind of sucks.  But it isn't the end of the world because you still got the shoes you paid for.  That has happened to me several times throughout the years and while irritating, it's hardly worth holding against someone if you got the product.  

@KMante

Probably to show the buyer that they are indeed in the same condition.  I've done this with an older listing (not on NT).  

But.....were they in fact the same condition?

Exhibit A.
the original posting
View media item 1624590
Due to the distance of the camera as well as the blurriness of the picture you cannot really tell how good of a condition these are in...but in this pic i think we can all agree the toebox has minimal creasing.

exhibit b
View media item 1624595
Again another picture of the toe box from the original posting.
same problems as the previous picture. ....but i think everyone can agree...that from this picture alone...they look fine.

exhibit c
View media item 1624596
An updated picture sent...but closer and clearer....and as we can all clearly see there are creases that were not visible from the original post and it even looks as if the seller stuffed something into said toe box to make the appearance of the creases less noticeable.

And finally exhibit d.

a picture taken by the buyer

View media item 1624598
Now we have a clear picture.....up close of what we are dealing with and i think it speaks for itself.

Now you mean to tell me...that somehow.....in the shipping process of these shoes....which were in a box mind you......the toe box magically creased on its own accord?

Well my friends.

That is one.....magic.....toe box.

View media item 1624605

yea... hoimie definitely rocked em after the initial post

toebox went from looking like steve harvey's old lineup to steve francis' face

Buyer got the shoes, was unhappy with their condition and was basically like 'dude tried to pull a fast one on me so imma pull a fast one on him, get my money back AND keep the shoes'?
It is your responsibility to pay for the return shipping.
Even though the seller SEEMED like he didn't want to refund him he never straight up said 'no I'm not giving you your money back' buyer just assumed he wasn't going to.
Why didn't the buyer tell the seller he was going to file a charge back? Seems like the sensible thing to do.
Buyer could've easily opened a case, uploaded a tracking number, sent the shoes, and once the shoes were delivered, gotten his money back.
Buyer claims seller was not cooperative when in reality the seller was completely oblivious that the charge back was in process.
The seller doesn't necessarily have to check his email to use his PayPal to pay for stuff, so him not knowing there was a chargeback process going on seems plausible.
The childish games played by the buyer are beyond petty. He's looking for every excuse to not return the shoes and even provides conditions that have to occur in order for him to finally DECIDE to send back the shoes?
Talking about he won't send them until the thread is locked? Wtf kind of reasoning is that?
You're not some school teacher holding some kid's cell phone for using it in class, you're a straight up shameless scammer as of right now

View media item 1624098

:smh:

Okay...............

Let's start from the beginning.

@Hanacheezy
 made his listing way back in early November. I wasn't a mod back then, so I'm not sure what was up with the listing. There is no mention at all of whether the shoes are DS or used. That should have been mentioned in the listing, as it is very important. If the shoes are used, it is required that the seller provides pics of the bottom soles of the shoes. Without seeing the bottom sole pics in the listing, and to see that the listing was approved, it is not far fetched to believe that the shoes were DS (or in this case, lightly used). Looking at the listing here, the shoes look pretty damn clean (even if used) compared to the pics that both Hanacheezy sent to him recently and the pics that @mrmakemoney
 provided in his text messages when he received the shoes. 

Hanacheezy did a good job in actually providing updated tagged pics of the shoes to the buyer, and he did make sure to show that the shoes were used according to this post. But now I'm reading from the buyer that he didn't send any updated pics to him according to this post.

Lets be honest now, Hanacheezy, did you wear the shoes after you created the listing? If that was the case, you definitely should have mentioned that, and/or provided even more updated pics to avoid any confusion of the current condition of the shoes you were selling.

There is a rule where if you create a listing, you have to update your tagged pics every 3 weeks. Looking at this situation, it looks like we need to be more strict with the enforcement of that rule, instead of giving folks the benefit of the doubt. If the listing is very old, we do go in and delete the old listings, so if the seller still wants to sell the shoes, he or she has to create a new listing with updated tagged pics. Clearly, this listing falls in the "very old" category, and it should have been deleted, which would have made Hanacheezy redo the listing and update the tags, if he still wanted to sell them.

Clearly, mrmakemoney was not happy with the condition that the shoes were in when he received them. He reached out to the seller saying that he wants to return the shoes, because they weren't as described in the listing. From what it looks like, it looks like that the seller wasn't going to refund him, so he filed a chargeback. mrmakemoney got his money back, but he won't send Hanacheezy the shoes back. He will do "as PayPal instructs me."

From what I know, the point of a chargeback is if the seller isn't willing to issue a refund for whatever reason, as long as your reason is legit, you can file a chargeback to get a refund, while holding on to the item. I'm positive it wasn't made so that you can get a refund, and once you get a refund, you get to just keep the shoes. No way.

Based on what i've seen/read, @mrmakemoney
, you are committing larceny and UOENO. It is time to give back the shoes, man. You have your money back. If you can't see why people are calling you a thief/scammer, then I don't know what to tell you. 

@Hanacheezy
 & @mrmakemoney
, do you dispute anything that has been said above? Speak up, now.

Cliffs

• @Hanacheezy
     should have been more upfront and detailed on the current condition of the shoes, especially since that particular listing was old.
  • @mrmakemoney
     got the shoes, and wanted a refund. After some time, he files a chargeback and he got his money back. He decides to still keep the shoes, even after getting his money back. In that case, he is committing larceny.

Yo @bigj505
 and @s dubl
, what do y'all think??
Thanks for stepping in. I am currently in communication with the seller for return shipping. This should be resolved today.

QUOTE name="mrmakemoney" url="/t/631149/chargeback-on-paypal/180#post_23760829"]

He didn't send any; it was difficult to even get pics requested at all so I took his word. Shouldn't have been so trusting.

[/quote]

Stop lying already

:lol:[/quote] Sit down dude; The question was asked if I received pics of the heels to show there was no drag.

just a an aside.

i love sbtg sbs.

my main issue in not trying to track these down is the nylon toebox.

Back
Top Bottom