Chauncey Billups......DENVER stand up

Great read.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Burns1923

That's right, he already played in Denver once.

And Toronto?? I don't remember that at all.

I wouldn't have any problem if the Nuggets won the West and if they won the Finals.

Of all the teams still in the playoffs, Denver is the team that is playing with the most fire, and with Billups all the team's talent has come together.

Bring on Denver-LA and let's see who's who (if LA survives Houston).

dont forget about cleveland
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Chauncey will always be a Piston in my eyes... he made his name with the Pistons...

Definately happy for him hes about to be in the conference finals AGAIN... but this time in the West
thats just how i feel!

i've always liked Chauncey.. I even own his McDonalds All American jersey... most people have no idea what the jersey is but I rep it with pride
smile.gif

he kinda fell off the map when detroit started to go downhill so I'm glad to see him get the recognition he deserves

Originally Posted by GregOdensBedpan

wow @ george karl for not having an out of bo unds play.

his out of bounds play was always just "look for a lob and a dunk when nobody is paying attention." not a lot of strategy to it so it's notreally a "play" per se...

also it's funny how much they expose AI for being the negative influence on the team. we all knew it, but it wasn't like you read articles saying"AI kept these boys out til 4AM getting wasted", so it was kinda bold to read that in print on espn.com.

also, my man Chauncey was 3 rebounds short of a triple double last night! best game I ever went to! let's go Nuggets!

and hey, Chauncey played for the Pistons for a good while, that's true, but Chauncey IS Denver. Piston fans will probably never get over losing him, butat least he went home where he represents a city for real. there's no better place he could've gone to finish his career. Denver has more love forChauncey than anybody in the world could possibly have. hometown hero.

Not only is Chauncey a class act on the court, but he seems like he is off the court as well.

And you can see that "Blue Collar" work ethic from him every night.
Dude sweats like no one business, he always looks drenched at halftime and post game
laugh.gif

Nuggets would be in the exact same place with Iverson. The Nuggets only won 3 (Iverson got one with in beginning of the season) more games with Billups thisseason. They had a healthy Nene all season. There is nothing improved I see about them when I watch them with Billups now than I did with Iverson.

But Piper's right; the Pistons want Chauncey out ASAP. First of all, they love Rodney Stuckey and think he can be Chauncey's heir apparent, and they also think their current roster has maxed out. More than that, they're trying to clear cap space so they can make a run at LeBron James, Chris Bosh or Dwyane Wade in the summer of 2010. Rasheed Wallace's contract will be expiring after the season, and if they can deal Chauncey for another expiring contract -- say, Allen Iverson's -- then they'll have cap room galore.
This has been my thoughts since 2006, and I'm surprised that Detroit kept the same roster for as long as they did. Everyone keeps questioningwhy Dumars traded Chauncey, but the thing is at some point you have to admit that your window is closed and it's time to start over.

I'm a long time Pistons fan, and I have to say that I appreciate Billups for what he did for the organization and I'm glad to see him doing well inDenver.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CruThik3

Nuggets would be in the exact same place with Iverson. The Nuggets only won 3 (Iverson got one with in beginning of the season) more games with Billups this season. They had a healthy Nene all season. There is nothing improved I see about them when I watch them with Billups now than I did with Iverson.

Wrong

Nuggets would be in the exact same place with Iverson. The Nuggets only won 3 (Iverson got one with in beginning of the season) more games with Billups this season. They had a healthy Nene all season. There is nothing improved I see about them when I watch them with Billups now than I did with Iverson.
smh.gif
smh.gif

sick.gif
at dude seriously thinkin that the nuggets would be in the samesituation with iverson.
Billups bring a lot more to the table than giving you 3 more wins.
If you honestly think that they would be in the same postion, good for you, we can stop discussing.

CruThik3 wrote:
Wow... at least you're loyal/bias to the dude you chose to use for your screen name.

I read this article earlier in the week, great stuff. SI also had an article on him in their magazine last week.

tce-Nile-River-delta.jpg

laugh.gif
Unless you are an actual member ofCruThik, I'll say that I really appreciate your humor on the matter. You seem to be taking it in stride. But if you are serious, just let me know how manytimes AI has been to a conference finals in his career.
Hint [+]
Take the # of Chauncey's consecutive conference finals appearances and divide by 7

And it is nothing short of pathetic that Karl had been the coach for 3 full seasons and still didn't have plays. People have such short term memories...Coach of the year candidate my @#$. Chauncey has brought guidance to a ship with no captain. I can only hope Melo remembers for the rest of his career that ittakes hard work and dedication to be at the level his team is currently at.

Back
Top Bottom