Chicago Bulls Season Thread 35-33 -- vs kings 3.21/3.23 vs knicks/3.24 knicks

Mark Schanowski said that GarPax and Hoiberg will likely stay and Noah/Pau will walk. There will be an effort to sign fast players and the team will likely play without a traditional center; someone small who doesn't need offensive touches.

Pretty much what I expected, obviously GarPax would be gone in a perfect world. I wonder if we keep Taj and slide him to C (fits what they're allegedly looking for) or trade him for a wing.

Last edited:
^
Yeah I can totally see that happening.
In typical GarPax fashion we let JO and Pau walk away without getting anything in return :smh:
I'm intrigued by the small ball lineup....it's worked well for the Dubs and to a lesser extent with the Pacers as well.

I can't lie though Felicio been putting in work these last couple of games....they can prob throw out a trio of Bobby, Taj, and Felicio to man C/PF position.
But we definitely need to get younger and more athletic.

^
Yeah I can totally see that happening.
In typical GarPax fashion we let JO and Pau walk away without getting anything in return :smh:
I'm intrigued by the small ball lineup....it's worked well for the Dubs and to a lesser extent with the Pacers as well.

I can't lie though Felicio been putting in work these last couple of games....they can prob throw out a trio of Bobby, Taj, and Felicio to man C/PF position.
But we definitely need to get younger and more athletic.

Didn't even think about this. That's pretty ******.

I would like Whiteside but probably not at the max. Brooks, MDJ, Pau, Noah and Snell shouldn't be here next year. They have to trade one of their bigs for a wing unless we decide to offer someone like Harrison Barnes the max, which I'm not comfortable doing. Wouldn't mind seeing Niko gone, I haven't given up on him but he's too streaky.

It will be a damn shame if Noah leaves and gar pax stick around. But next year will probably be a wash. None of the other top teams in the east will likely get worse. Add Milwaukee and Orlando we might face a 2 year playoff drought.

Have a long way to go to build a team with depth. Hope to see rose walk I think he will have a great next chapter in his career if he goes to a good team. Maybe back to Memphis?

Gar and Pax will be here next year, Jerry will keep them around just off the strength of "they just got their coach."

We wont be much these next two years. Speeding yhe game up in attempt is cool except we dont have the players. If we are putting in stock in Niko thats a joke. The Jimmy and Rose split needs to happen. Just time to start it over.

Going to be a rough next few years, hopefully we can get the Kings pick this year so we can have two lottery picks this year to jump start the rebuiliding process

It will be a damn shame if Noah leaves and gar pax stick around. But next year will probably be a wash. None of the other top teams in the east will likely get worse. Add Milwaukee and Orlando we might face a 2 year playoff drought.

Have a long way to go to build a team with depth. Hope to see rose walk I think he will have a great next chapter in his career if he goes to a good team. Maybe back to Memphis?
yup, I hope to see Rose walk to. Definitely to a better org. I bet spurs will be in play for rose.

Bulls have legitimate interest in trading Jimmy Butler this offseason as a part of their rebuild according to The Vertical. The Orlando Magic are one of the interested teams that are expected to be active.

Butler reportedly isn't meshing well with Hoiberg's vision.

ISO Jimmy. 

He's better known as Cutter/Slasher Jimmy rather than ISO. 

He has overwhelmed himself. 

:rofl: :rofl: @ the Jimmy trade rumors.
They will fire Fred and exile every current player on the roster before they get rid of Jimmy.
Gar and Pax made it clear to Jimmy that this was his team going forward. Part of the reason Jimmy came in all headstrong, now he's just waiting till they clear the deck and build around him......Why do you think Fred started being more vocal and cussing....it was only after Jimmy made comments about not being coached hard enough.

Last edited:
Jimmy still is not playing "Hoiball". He's the one guy that isn't moving the ball side to side on most plays. 

There's a civil war brewing amongst Bulls fans.
Rose supporters and Jimmy supporters......

For the record I'm on the latter.
If we blow this up which I don't expect it to happen with Gar/Pax at the helm....they will need to recoup in 1 season or I can definitely see Fred and Gar being showed the door, and Reinsdorf keeping his VP in Pax :smh:

Last edited:
The **** is "Hoiball"
laugh.gif
As far as I know, get the ball on the other side of the court before 21 seconds, run a bunch of high screen and penetrate and dish out.  3s or paint shots only. lol

There's a civil war brewing amongst Bulls fans.
Rose supporters and Jimmy supporters......

For the record I'm on the latter.
If we blow this up which I don't expect it to happen with Gar/Pax at the helm....they will need to recoup in 1 season or I can definitely see Fred and Gar being showed the door, and Reinsdorf keeping his VP in Pax
mean.gif
For the most part, I am with Rose. 

Jimmy, I definitely don't believe that he was ready for the responsibility that he put himself up for. 

Jimmy is definitely gonna be a great player if he keep up his work ethic but he was much better as a slasher/cutter than he think he is as an ISO player. 

He's going to be great like Paul George but it's not his time to take that responsibility YET. 

As far as I know, get the ball on the other side of the court before 21 seconds, run a bunch of high screen and penetrate and dish out.  3s or paint shots only. lol

How you want Jimmy to get the ball in his hands when we literally start our half court sets at 18-17 seconds???
The PG's aint pushing the ball up court fast enough!
whether it be Rose or Brooks, or even Moore (Etwan actually pushes it harder), its hard to get your half court sets run when you give it to the man with 16 seconds or less.

Just look at the games and see how slow they are on running the ball up court.
I understand your'e a Rose apologist cause I'm with you but not everyone is buying into the system.
It's not on Rose or Butler or Moore, it's on Fred for not being hard on these guys and holding them accountable...simple as that.

The old Suns team team had a 6 second rule....we're just playing patty cake with the ball.

Last edited:
1st half of the season, nobody gave a damn about bringing the ball up court within the 21 second rule. Once going into the 2nd half and continuing on the 2nd half of the season, they have actually gotten better with pushing the ball up within the 21 second rule. Off the rebounds, Rose or whomever will run the ball up court as quickly as possibly and about 80% of the time, they'll run it by 21 seconds. I've kept track because it's just something that is stuck on my mind since this is the way Fred is want things to be done. 

Rose has done a great job at pushing it within that time frame, Brooks has gotten a tad better. 

The Phoenix Suns with Mike, they ran a 7 second offensive game but they had shooters, slashers and paint penetrator. 

Bulls, ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....  

Fred is definitely a rookie coach and he doesn't coach hard and I think we all knew, even the FO and players knew that Fred isn't a hard nose guy. He might break a vein if he does all that yelling. It just shows how much the Bulls misses Thibs hard nose coaching and rough dog attitude when they play and practice. I don't blame them. 

Thibs was Thee coach. Fred is A coach. 

Besides all that, the Bulls are taking long range 2s when they can't get a shot and Thibs had always hated that. Also, Jimmy and his shot selection have never improved this season by taking fade away long 2s. 

Rose to start was horrible at it, then he actually got way better at his shot selection. Same with Brooks who was definitely not the point guard we want to run the bench when all he does is look for his own to score, can't expect that type of player to be a distributor but he was able to adapt sometimes. 

Of course, there's too many that's wrong with this team but I don't expect no more than this, only because it is a new coach, new "system" and adaptation. 

^
I think you been watching some other team bro.
Rose during the first half was skeptical of Fred's system and the ball was never brought before the 21 second mark.....even now the ball doesn't reach half court till 19 seconds.

Brooks has been playing selfish ball all season long, he's looking for his next contract. Moore has been down with the program but even then he's looking to get out of the minimum and get paid...hell be gone after this season. Rose took some time to adapting to distribute. For the first half just like last season he's been happy to lay in the cut, he shows up for nationally televised games....no coincided that he's probably looking for his next big contract.

This team has been selfish and self serving from the beginning....Rose looking at FA 2 years out, Pau looking at FA 2 weeks in, Noah is the only professional who kept his mouth his shut, but the turmoil started when Fred said that Noah was ok coming off the bench and then Noah blasting him in the media saying "he never said that and he wanted to start".

For the most part part Noah made 13.3 mill this year and last, and when he signed that deal most of us thought he got overpaid for being a hustle Player (prior to being MVDP). All these cats got paid handsomely, Rose is still being payed the most to provide average to below all star standards.

It's time to stop caping and be realistic with this team.

Remaining games....

Bulls

Tue 4/5 @ Memphis
Thu 4/7 @ Miami
Sat 4/9 Cleveland
Mon 4/11 @ New Orleans

Indiana

Wed 4/6 Cleveland
Fri 4/8 @ Toronto
Sun 4/10 Brooklyn
Tue 4/12 New York

Detroit

Tue 4/5 @ Miami
Wed 4/6 @ Orlando
Fri 4/8 Washington
Tue 4/12 Miami

2 games out.
Not impossible but highly unlikely, we need to win out and hope someone stumbles.

I said this a few weeks ago and stand by it, we don't need to make the playoffs. The LAST thing we need is another washing from Lebron and co. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom