Chicago the birhtplace of the Jordan

why the hate on cali?

yea, we have a got lucky and a lot of stores out of the 23 limited stores...

but it kinda has always been this way hasn't it?

chicago is where jordan had his career, its team is the color we base the colorways off of,

but we have a little something i like to call population.

cali, and new york, just have more pplz. with more pplz, it means the amount of money that it cost to live here goes up

and what ends up happening is u get more pplz that spend more money on more amounts of materialistic things.

chicago may have heritage, but ny and la has all the fashion.

so in the end, its the numbers that got us the stores.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

I swear everyone in here is 12 years old...
Pretty much. Now I know why I don't come into the JB forum too often anymore.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by never wear them

I THOUGHT I WAS IN THE MUSIC FORUM.....
2pac3.jpg
VS. http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S0207.l5VHBZYAagejzbkF/SIG=12jq6i1q9/EXP=1201072510/**http%3A//img.interia.pl/rozrywka/plyty/o_BadBoy****s10Ann-1_p.jpg

WELL ANYWAYS.... IM FROM LOS ANGELES AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS... L.A. IS A MORE ADVANCED CITY THAN ANY OTHER. MEANING THAT IT IS MORE ORGANIZED AND WELL MAINTAINED. AND WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO IT.... MONEY TALKS... NEW YORK IS CLUTTERED AND MAKES MONEY OF ANYTHING FROM TOURIST... I CAN SELL A HOT DOG FOR A BUCK AND SCRATCH MY NUTTS AND PEOPLE WILL STILL EAT IT.

i had to kick this in:
usc over any school....
pimp.gif
.. oh and we have kobe... lol maybe not for long...?
Never been to LA yet...but how is South Central these days...still organized and maintained?

I hope so...it's been awhile since the LA riots.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by never wear them

I THOUGHT I WAS IN THE MUSIC FORUM.....
2pac3.jpg
VS. http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S0207.l5VHBZYAagejzbkF/SIG=12jq6i1q9/EXP=1201072510/**http%3A//img.interia.pl/rozrywka/plyty/o_BadBoy****s10Ann-1_p.jpg

WELL ANYWAYS.... IM FROM LOS ANGELES AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS... L.A. IS A MORE ADVANCED CITY THAN ANY OTHER. MEANING THAT IT IS MORE ORGANIZED AND WELL MAINTAINED. AND WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO IT.... MONEY TALKS... NEW YORK IS CLUTTERED AND MAKES MONEY OF ANYTHING FROM TOURIST... I CAN SELL A HOT DOG FOR A BUCK AND SCRATCH MY NUTTS AND PEOPLE WILL STILL EAT IT.

i had to kick this in:
usc over any school....
pimp.gif
.. oh and we have kobe... lol maybe not for long...?

Of course... for the football.. BUT OJ MAYO DOESN'T REALLY KICKS IN..

AND LOL @ UCLA for losing to USC..
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

I swear everyone in here is 12 years old...
Pretty much. Now I know why I don't come into the JB forum too often anymore.
laugh.gif

Word. Most people here are taking
39835f46ec28dc2d4eff04853ce84417d47066b.gif
personal like they are owedsomething.

Listen... I don't see what the argument is here... These shoes are releasing in the TOP 23 stores... New York just happens to have 8 of them I guess

To the post starter - I feel your pain. You would think it would be more than just one or two spots.

It bugs the crap out of me when I look and see Los Angelos get three stores receiving these limited's. It's a fake*%@% fashion trend for those people.
dog, you are ignorant. im from L.A and have been wearing jordans since 90' so i wouldnt call it a fashion trend.

and second, all you jokers saying NY needs more stores, they show the most love, blah blah blah.
if thats true, how come every time there is a new release a couple months later dudes from NY are always like "man you can get those anywhere around NY.stores still have full size runs in some spots".

where in cali i cant find he damn shoe 2 days after the release?

It jus matters where the most people are and where the strongest market for jays are. I live in NC and I dont care that were not getting the limited 23's.I knew we werent anyway, and i understand why. Im wasnt getting them anyway.

Originally Posted by TrueBeliever23

I have a serious problem with the fact that Chicago only has one location listed as a top 23 store for the upcoming release of the 23 blue. As a Chicagoan, we are the ones that started the Jordan trend. Yeah, New York had the Air Force 1's and they popularized the sneaker game a bit. But Chicago is responsible for Jordans coming into the spotlight and revolutioning the shoe game. Michael Jordan, the Bulls and Chicago all combined to give birth to the Jordan line. I think people need to recognize this and pay their respects to Chicago for playing their part in this whole shoe game. I give the utmost respect to New York. They too played a big role in the popularization of Jordans, but they weren't the birthplace. It bugs the crap out of me when I look and see Los Angelos get three stores receiving these limited's. It's a fake*%@% fashion trend for those people. The majority of people don't understand the history of Micheal Jordan and the Chicago Bulls. Chicagoans identify with Jordans more than any other city, I don't care what anybody says. We deserve more than one flipping store and just to let everyone know I don't plan on buying these limited's. This post is to let everyone know Chicago is the city that started this whole thing, and deserves more respect from Jordan Brand.
Well too bad your chicagoans don't buy enough Jordans to have a top 23 store... We as buyers chose the 23 stores!!! Stop Crying! Those limitedJordans don't even belong to us, they belong to RESELLERS!

BORN AND RAISED ON THE SOUTHSIDE OF THE CHI. HES RIGHT. I HATE NEW YORK AND I JUST HAVE LOVE FOR OAKLAND. WE MADE JORDAN, HE OWES THE GO EVERYTHING. WE SHOULDHAVE OUR OWN 23 FAVORITE STORES.

Originally Posted by lrgboss

BORN AND RAISED ON THE SOUTHSIDE OF THE CHI. HES RIGHT. I HATE NEW YORK AND I JUST HAVE LOVE FOR OAKLAND. WE MADE JORDAN, HE OWES THE GO EVERYTHING. WE SHOULD HAVE OUR OWN 23 FAVORITE STORES.

Really what does JB owe you? Jordan gave you 6 championships. Appreciate that. I mean come on. Be serious people. JBdetermined the cities by sales sheet.

And these XXIIIs are not even serious.

Like they said it was the top 23 so sales had to do with it........and i guess chi town didnt sell as many...i stay in San Diego and we dont have anystores...lol...so its only fair.......

The whole point is that the air jordan originated in Chicago. This has nothing to do with a sales sheet or any kind of business decisions everyone here isbringing up. This isn't about me buying these shoes or complaining about having a hard time getting them. This is purely about respect for Chicago. About the role the city and people played in giving rise to the air jordan shoe. We are the ones that cheered and lifted Jordan and Bulls to their dominance.For the people saying it could have happened elsewhere, it didn't, so thats all theoretical. The fact is it happened here in Chicago and people need torealize this and pay homage. The city embraced the Chicago Bulls like nobody outside Chicago could understand. We are the only heads wearing Jordans that cantruly feel what they fully embody. Like I said before, Chicago identifies with Jordans more than any other city, therefore we deserve more respect among thetop 23.

who gives a damn about chicago this makes 3 losses for u guys. 1 store in your whole state is getting these shoes, rex grossmans your states nfl teams qb, andthis is 2008 which marks the 100 years since your great cubs last won a world series.

changing the subject onto the states that matter. i wonder if any hypebeasts camping at the slauson location are gonna get stuck up for their money or kickscamping over there.

Wow, this thread describes in a nutshell what the JB forum has become.
Sad really

And the thing is this type of hype is probably happening only once. Like I said, the XXIIIs of this colorway is not eventhat serious.

New York > *

Especially Cali.

Ya'll can have them Vans and skateboard culture, but please dont' get it twisted we the originator's of almost all urban fashion.

Cali, matter of fact NY'll take credit for the skateboard culture too somewhat because in the 80's it was popping out here, but I know most of thepioneers are from smog country Cali.

Don't even try to say Cali has something to say about the shoe culture besides hoping on the bandwagon.

New York [DJ Khaled] We the Best [DJ Khaled]

Originally Posted by TrueBeliever23

The thing is I respect New York, I think they deserve as many stores as Chicago. But New York gets 8 stores and Chicago gets 1...thats just not right. The reason New York deserves respect more than any other city than Chicago is because, Mike was born in Brooklyn, and its the city that started the shoe game. However Chicagoans supported Mike more than any city and made him who he is and what the Jordan shoe game is. For me its New York and Chicago. All other cities follow our lead.

Its about sales, nothing more

Originally Posted by lrgboss

BORN AND RAISED ON THE SOUTHSIDE OF THE CHI. HES RIGHT. I HATE NEW YORK AND I JUST HAVE LOVE FOR OAKLAND. WE MADE JORDAN, HE OWES THE GO EVERYTHING. WE SHOULD HAVE OUR OWN 23 FAVORITE STORES.
hahahha you MADE Jordan???? I think Jordan MADE YOU.... please tell me u are joking

His career started here in NC and we didnt get em period!!!! What da $%*& is up with dat?!!!
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom