Chicago the birhtplace of the Jordan

Man this whole topic turned stupid I can understand why someone would be mad that chicago only got one spot but sells dont lie I guess you all are not big onjordans like you thought. But to say the Chi and NYC is the birthplace and set the trends of jordans is stupid last time I check when the Jordans were firstreleased um sure everyone had a chance to get them not just NYC or CHI. To be honest not one city made jordans what they are the people did the hype did without the people and the hype jordans would be another reebok

Mannn i think everybody is missing the whole point...Its the TOP 23 spots that are getting them and wouldn't u think that new york stores will sell morethan chicago because of more people and prolly more sneakerhead!?...Okay so why are we all crying lol..im in philly we got 1 spot and ima try and get em notsit here and cry that NY and LA got more than one spot thats just dumb....

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

who gives a damn about chicago this makes 3 losses for u guys. 1 store in your whole state is getting these shoes, rex grossmans your states nfl teams qb, and this is 2008 which marks the 100 years since your great cubs last won a world series.

changing the subject onto the states that matter. i wonder if any hypebeasts camping at the slauson location are gonna get stuck up for their money or kicks camping over there.

its not the top 23 stores...its has to be based on something else, cuz people are saying one of the stores (i cant remember where) just opened a couple monthsago....

indifferent.gif

seriously...you either buy the shoe or don't......it's not like they are releasing the Infrareds, Black Cement 3's, and Space Jams in the top 23stores.....get a grip on reality....sales sales sales.....that's what the execs are concerned with.....not what city....what stores...or who'sbuying....WHO IS SELLING??? that's the questions they want an answer to!....i'm willing to bet that the store that sells the most....including numberedand unnumbered pairs of that limited XXIII.....will probably get another limited shoe ahead of all the rest. it's just speculation though....

I don't know how some people fail to see the point I'm trying to make. So I thought of an analogy to clarify and make this simple.

Ok, the fact that Chicago got 1 store out of the 23 that are releasing theses shoes, is like saying Jaz-Z is announcing a tour and playing in Chicago 8 timesand playing Madison Square Garden once. Yeah the tour would be sold out, thats a given, but everybody would be like whats up with that, dudecame from New York reps NY, why isn't he playing more shows in NY.

I hope this comparison clears everything up so I don't have to explain where I'm coming from again.

That would make a perfect analogy IF JAY-Z's FANS ARE 90% FROM CHICAGO AND 10% FROM NEW YORK!
The thing is: BRAND JORDAN selected the stores based on the income they made for Jordan shoes from all over the stores in US.
IT DOES NOT MATTER WHERE JORDAN PLAYED MOST OF HIS CAREER OR WHERE HE WAS BORN.
It's all about the money... THE MONEY, DUDE. MONEY TALKS HERE. GOSH...

Try to open up your mind.. Michael played for Wizards, and I don't see any stores from Washington.
BS? No, it's not. It's all good, based on the criteria..

indohan wrote:

The thing is: BRAND JORDAN selected the stores based on the income they made for Jordan shoes from all over the stores in US.

And thats my point it shouldn't be all about the money. It should be about respect for Chicagoans who have been with him since day 1.

See the problem is people like you see Jordan Brand as purely a money making operation. It started out as more than that, and my whole point is that peopleoutside of Chicago will never be able to see this. I'm sorry dude, but for some reason you can't understand my perspective and unfortunately Idon't think you ever will. You obviously are not from Chicago. You are in this basically because its a trend. I'm in it for stronger reasons. Thats that I guess.

This might come across as self-rightous, but thats just how I feel. Chicago witnessed the birth of Jordan coming into prominence and therefore have a specialhold on the meaning of the air jordan shoe, <this will never change.

Originally Posted by TrueBeliever23

indohan wrote:

And thats my point it shouldn't be all about the money. It should be about respect for Chicagoans who have been with him since day 1.

See the problem is people like you see Jordan Brand as purely a money making operation. It started out as more than that, and my whole point is that people

outside of Chicago will never be able to see this. I'm sorry dude, but for some reason you can't understand my perspective and unfortunately I

don't think you ever will. You obviously are not from Chicago. You are in this basically because its a trend.

I'm in it for stronger reasons. Thats that I guess.

This might come across as self-rightous, but thats just how I feel. Chicago witnessed the birth of Jordan coming into prominence and therefore have a special

hold on the meaning of the air jordan shoe, <this will never change.

First things first, YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME. You only know 1 thing about me: I'm not from Chicago.
I understand, it's the Chicago pride. Chicago is the place where Michael Jeffrey Jordan got his fame, got the love from the fans, got his championship, andgot his retirement..
I strongly believe, Brand Jordan doesn't really care much about that too. If they care, they wouldn't pick players from other team than the Bulls to bein Team Jordan.
If you want something to change, GO TO COLLEGE AND BE A GREAT SOMEBODY TO MAKE YOU REPLACE GENTRY.
From that point, you can set whatever you want to set, INCLUDING: CHICAGO IS THE ONLY CITY THAT SELLS AIR JORDAN SHOES.

Again, let me say it AGAIN, YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME. So, don't come in here and talk as if you know me since the day I was born and tell me thatI'm in this because of trend.
I'm in this because I love the shoes. It's because I love Michael Jeffrey Jordan, despite of his arrogance. It's because I love the way he played.I love the way he thinks.
I'm not in this because of I feel that as a Chicago resident, I have to own the privilege of being able to get Michael Jordan's signature shoeshowever, whenever, wherever I want to.
I'm in this because I'm a fan and I want to get his shoes and try harder if small effort does not give me a pair.

I seriously don't care what stronger reason you have.
But I believe, if your reasons to be in this is as strong as what you've said, I don't think you'd be in NT creating a thread and cry about Chicagoonly having 1 store.
If your reason is that strong, I believe you'll be among the people in here.
Seriously, for the record, Jordan dynasty has been born since the day he played for UNC, not Chicago.
Chicago wouldn't have pick him if Michael did not perform well during his NCAA days.
Michael wouldn't be in the 1984 USA team if his glory days began in his NBA days.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

New York > *

Especially Cali.

Ya'll can have them Vans and skateboard culture, but please dont' get it twisted we the originator's of almost all urban fashion.

Cali, matter of fact NY'll take credit for the skateboard culture too somewhat because in the 80's it was popping out here, but I know most of the
pioneers are from smog country Cali.

Don't even try to say Cali has something to say about the shoe culture besides hoping on the bandwagon.

New York [DJ Khaled] We the Best [DJ Khaled]
this guy....
laugh.gif

bro. you must be on something!
laugh.gif

no city or state for that matter, is on a such thing called bandwagon.

its something called culture... do you know what that means?
indifferent.gif

think! it means = the quality in a person or society that arises from a concern for what is regarded as excellent in arts, letters, manners, scholarlypursuits, etc.

it comes down to oneself.

can you please grow up, because with what you stated, you made your self look
alien.gif
.... i put money that you are flunking high school and world cultures is not your major... lol

granted, cali is known for its Luxuries, good living and all that hollywood television such as the hills and what not but yes, there is such a thing calledpoverty/poor living here in cali. and thats where objects such as shoes revolve around the youth, mostly urban kids. same goes to new york, thats why fads comeand go real quick over there. ive been to ny and trust me, its the same over here... ny has these kids dressing with purple jeans and pink underarmor thinkingthat theyre gona go hollywood once interscope hears them....but guess what... cali has that too. probably even more since were known to blow everyone up... somy conclusion is cities bandwagoning.... not really... its culture status.

Putting In Work wrote:

New York > *

Especially Cali.

Ya'll can have them Vans and skateboard culture, but please dont' get it twisted we the originator's of almost all urban fashion.

Cali, matter of fact NY'll take credit for the skateboard culture too somewhat because in the 80's it was popping out here, but I know most of the
pioneers are from smog country Cali.

Don't even try to say Cali has something to say about the shoe culture besides hoping on the bandwagon.

New York [DJ Khaled] We the Best [DJ Khaled]

btw do your research first... http://skateboard.about.com/cs/boardscience/a/brief_history.htm

AND TO ALL YOU CHICAGO DUDES, I FEEL YOUR PAIN. Its like taking kobe bryant away from us and for him to be successfull somewhere else with his shoe line! wewould be saying and yelling that we made him... hopefully you guys get your own release like the chicago x's....

Originally Posted by moundraised23

well, its kinda like how penny is from memphis, but only 2 stores got the blue penny foams

spit happens

If you're following TrueBeliever23's theory, you should say: Penny's from Orlando.

smh.gif
@ 5 pages of nonsense...

I never understood how NY is > yet you still feel the need to make up $#!+ to feel good about yourselves. Seriously, yappin' about the "top23" stores being based on sales #s makes you look real foolish from jump. The rest of the ****in' is just gravy...
tired.gif

Originally Posted by indohan

IT DOES NOT MATTER WHERE JORDAN PLAYED MOST OF HIS CAREER OR WHERE HE WAS BORN.

That can't be accurate because anyone who has been to Kickz in Houston knows that they are miles away from being atop 23 store from a volume perspective. They don't even sell the most Jordan product in their wing of themall. They are a boutique & their main selling point is limited Tier 0 products people can't find in moststores. The top stores chosen were based on a combination of connections to Nike/JB and to an extent geography (local and national).

Like its been said, it's all about the money, and NO CITY made MJ, he coulda been just as great in houston or portland, If Jordan didn't elevate hisgame and developed his God given talent, then the shoes would not sell. I used to live in chicago and it does seem wrong that the city only gets one store, butyour claim to " BIRTH" MJ is what i disagree with, the Man birth himself his greatness on the court warranted adoration, which made people want theshoes. I personally think its all about the money, only one store means only one top JB seller in Chicago. Don't turn this into a city rivalry thing whenJB sees it as simply business. Our love and adoration for the player and the shoes make us emotional about the subject, but its all business to JB.

Back
Top Bottom