Child of the 90s by Microsoft/IE

How many of you have used IE in the last five years? How do you know it's still bad?
There are certain websites I HAVE to use IE for since they won't work with FF or Chrome. The only advantage it has over FF is that it's lighter. Sometimes I'll also use it for playing videos that won't display properly on Chrome since Firefox will start hogging too much memory. Other than that, the URL & tab bar takes way too much screen space and if there are multiple tabs open you can't just click on the IE icon from the explorer bar. You have to select the specific tab you want unlike FF & chrome which will pop up the last window you have open.

slow-clap-gif-4.gif

cool runnings :pimp:

There are certain websites I HAVE to use IE for since they won't work with FF or Chrome. The only advantage it has over FF is that it's lighter. Sometimes I'll also use it for playing videos that won't display properly on Chrome since Firefox will start hogging too much memory. Other than that, the URL & tab bar takes way too much screen space and if there are multiple tabs open you can't just click on the IE icon from the explorer bar. You have to select the specific tab you want unlike FF & chrome which will pop up the last window you have open.
but you can if you change the settings..i mean i run both only thing i do notice is that firefox is a little slower when you run in private browser and the address bar takes up too much space for me.... takes away space for the search bar... I also dont like how you cant adjust the zoom in/out...(you basically just stuck with plus/minus. But the add ons etc... are much smoother then ie. plus for the most part are command base so doesnt take tons of space like ie. Th only other issue i have with firefox is using dod sites in which you gotta go thru great lengths to get it to work and even then alot of sites (dod and gov. and mil sites) only accept ie.

but you can if you change the settings..i mean i run both only thing i do notice is that firefox is a little slower when you run in private browser and the address bar takes up too much space for me.... takes away space for the search bar... I also dont like how you cant adjust the zoom in/out...(you basically just stuck with plus/minus. But the add ons etc... are much smoother then ie. plus for the most part are command base so doesnt take tons of space like ie. Th only other issue i have with firefox is using dod sites in which you gotta go thru great lengths to get it to work and even then alot of sites (dod and gov. and mil sites) only accept ie.
Frankly, I don't want to have to figure out how to change my settings just to use a couple sites. Call me lazy, but I don't want to have to mess with my browser settings just to pay my HOA. I'll use IE for 5 minutes twice a month and be done with it. It's their loss since they've had over 10 years to figure it out. First it was security, then it was tabs, then it was speed, now it's ease of use & search.

Frankly, I don't want to have to figure out how to change my settings just to use a couple sites. Call me lazy, but I don't want to have to mess with my browser settings just to pay my HOA. I'll use IE for 5 minutes twice a month and be done with it. It's their loss since they've had over 10 years to figure it out. First it was security, then it was tabs, then it was speed, now it's ease of use & search.
same can be said for firefox.... you have to configure settings to get a scrollable favorites bar, the zoom in/out the history tabs the file etc...options all have to be configured and changed. so the argument can be said for firefox as well. for general browsing like here etc... i do prefer firefox.(although i still hate the lag in private browsing) but when it comes to like i said org./mil/dod/gov sites kinda gotta use ie... so im kinda in the same boat as you.

But i just dont get the whole its garbage concept...its a browser, it in most part functions like any other browser...and they all relatively the same minus cosmetics... its not like one has a vast amount of features/add ons over the other. or the speeds are a huge/significant difference...(which in most part had to do with connection anyhow) I guess its a this is what i been using or ppl around me use so i just do it just cause.

Great commercial.
90's kids think they had it? Naw they still missed out.
Generation X > Generation Y.

Being a child in the 80's, a teen in the 90's and hitting 21 at the new millenium > being a "90's kid".
80's cartoons and movies and toys were the business.

YUP. TRUTH

Incredible commercial but it really made me realize how old I am. I'm starting to sound like my parents complaining about the music, the clothes and how everything was better when I was growing up. Thanks, IE. :x :lol:

so this is where all us early 30s late 20s NTers are.. :D

IE did suck. It sucked so much as soon as the good alternatives came out we never went back. Even now, I don't even want to TRY whatever new IE is out because of the hurt the previous ones did while growing up using it.

That MS Surface Tablet though is legit!!!!!!! Tried it out and made me go damn, ipad what?

Back
Top Bottom