Choosing a Feild of study.

I'm new to nt, but i've been lurking for a while. I'm going to college in a year , and i have no idea what i want to major in. Should i just go for what's gonna benefit me?( a marketable degree), or should i do what i like to do , which is Economics. Could i get any help in choosing my field of study.?

What do you mean by marketable?
An econ degree is pretty marketable I would say.

Choose something and run with it. Pack your resume up with internships and extracurriculars both social and professional. Network with people and make friends with anybody you can, you never know when you're going to need them.

I'm new to nt, but i've been lurking for a while. I'm going to college in a year , and i have no idea what i want to major in. Should i just go for what's gonna benefit me?( a marketable degree), or should i do what i like to do , which is Economics. Could i get any help in choosing my field of study.?
Well you're in luck cause Economics is a very marketable degree that will benefit you. Looks like you get to have the best of both worlds word to Hov and Kells

Last edited:
Its best to choose after you've had some experience with internships, classes, and activities

Oh yeah...

Before someone else does it.

Don't major in spelling.

My advice would be to challenge yourself and pursue a degree in something that might be really difficult. Also, try to vision whether or not you want to go to grad school after you receive your bachelors. There isn't much point in majoring in something like anthropology unless you plan on studying further with a masters etc. Last, I would memorize the correct way to spell "field" before I chose one. 8)

Thanks for you guys' help, i really need some advice because this is a life descision. Oh, and i've repped all you.
tongue.gif

Have to define what is "a marketable degree". A lot of degrees are marketable in fields you wouldn't expect. As far as Economics go, I spoke to a kid last year and he told me there was two tracks: The number crunching side and the analytical side( which I presume is market trends and things of that nature). You would get a better answer if you would list what you consider a marketable degree.

Your major doesn't always dictate what you will do in life.. But you should give it some consideration..

I don't advise doing something you hate, or something that is a waste of time or money...

Best answer is something you are interested in, while recognizing it has to be something that you can apply to life

I got a semi weak major (marketing) but it has helped me tremendously in speaking and giving presentations cuz that's all we did.

After school, I realized that I love money and I love selling things...

Hopefully I'll be able to put the selling side (marketing) together with my love of money (masters in finance) and make something happen.

O didn't realize this till I was 21 ... 3 years outta high school

Choose a field in which you have great interest in and can see yourself making contributions to. If you go for a STEM degree then try to keep your grades perfect as possible and land as many internships as you can. If you go for a Humanities/liberal arts degree then aim for graduate school ASAP.

I got a semi weak major (marketing) but it has helped me tremendously in speaking and giving presentations cuz that's all we did.
After school, I realized that I love money and I love selling things...
Hopefully I'll be able to put the selling side (marketing) together with my love of money (masters in finance) and make something happen.
O didn't realize this till I was 21 ... 3 years outta high school
Nice to see you found what you love to do..best of luck to you.

Back
Top Bottom