Clinton Caught Lying Again LOL

Over the last five weeks, Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York has featured in her campaign stump speeches the story of a health care horror: anuninsured pregnant woman who lost her baby and died herself after being denied care by an Ohio hospital because she could not come up with a $100 fee.

Blog
The Caucus
The latest political news from around the nation. Join the discussion.
Candidate Topic Pages
More Politics News
The woman, Trina Bachtel, did die last August, two weeks after her baby boy was stillborn at O'Bleness Memorial Hospital in Athens, Ohio. But hospitaladministrators said Friday that Ms. Bachtel was under the care of an obstetrics practice affiliated with the hospital, that she was never refused treatment andthat she was, in fact, insured.

"We implore the Clinton campaign to immediately desist from repeating this story," said Rick Castrop, chief executive officer of the O'BlenessHealth System.

Linda M. Weiss, a spokeswoman for the not-for-profit hospital, said the Clinton campaign had never contacted the hospital to check the accuracy of the story,which Mrs. Clinton had first heard from a Meigs County, Ohio, sheriff's deputy in late February.

A Clinton spokesman, Mo Elleithee, said candidates would frequently retell stories relayed to them, vetting them when possible. "In this case, we did trybut were not able to fully vet it," Mr. Elleithee said. "If the hospital claims it did not happen that way, we respect that."

The sheriff's deputy, Bryan Holman, had played host to Mrs. Clinton in his home before the Ohio primary. Deputy Holman said in a telephone interview that aconversation about health care led him to relate the story of Ms. Bachtel. He never mentioned the name of the hospital that supposedly turned her away becausehe did not know it, he said.

Deputy Holman knew Ms. Bachtel's story only secondhand, having learned it from close relatives of the woman. Ms. Bachtel's relatives did not returnphone calls Friday.

As Deputy Holman understood it, Ms. Bachtel had died of complications from a stillbirth after being turned away by a local hospital for her failure to pay $100upfront.

"I mentioned this story to Senator Clinton, and she apparently took to it and liked it," Deputy Holman said, "and one of her aides saidshe'd be using it at some rallies."

Indeed, saying that the story haunted her, Mrs. Clinton repeatedly offered it as a dire example of a broken health care system. At one March rally in Wyoming,for instance, she referred to Ms. Bachtel, a 35-year-old who managed a Pizza Hut, as a young, uninsured minimum-wage worker, saying, "It hurts me that inour country, as rich and good of a country as we are, this young woman and her baby died because she couldn't come up with $100 to see the doctor."

Mrs. Clinton does not name Ms. Bachtel or the hospital in her speeches. As she tells it, the woman was turned away twice by a local hospital when she wasexperiencing difficulty with her pregnancy. "The hospital said, 'Well, you don't have insurance.' She said, 'No, I don't.' Theysaid, 'Well, we can't see you until you give $100.' She said, 'Where am I going to get $100?'

"The next time she came back to the hospital, she came in an ambulance," Mrs. Clinton continued. "She was in distress. The doctors and thenurses worked on her and couldn't save the baby."

Since Ms. Bachtel's baby died at O'Bleness Memorial Hospital, the story implicitly and inaccurately accuses that hospital of turning her away, said Ms.Weiss, the spokeswoman for O'Bleness Memorial said. Instead, the O'Bleness health care system treated her, both at the hospital and at the affiliatedRiver Rose Obstetrics and Gynecology practice, Ms. Weiss said.

The hospital would not provide details about the woman's case, citing privacy concerns; she died two weeks after the stillbirth at a medical center inColumbus.

"We reviewed the medical and patient account records of this patient," said Mr. Castrop, the health system's chief executive. Any implicationthat the system was "involved in denying care is definitely not true."

Although Mrs. Clinton has told the story repeatedly, it first came to the attention of the hospital after The Washington Post cited it as a staple of her stumpspeeches on Thursday. That brought it to the attention of The Daily Sentinel in Pomeroy, Ohio, which published an article on Friday.

Neither paper named the hospital or challenged Mrs. Clinton's account.

This is getting out of hand.

she made up story about some chick who didnt have health care and got denied treatment for her and her unborn baby and they both died. But turns out she didhave insurence and was treated

cliff_notes.jpg

She didn't so much make up the story - or even lie outright - but it looks like she repeated something she heard without checking the facts.

Checking facts like that should be pretty high on the agenda for someone making such high profile speeches - she was negligent more than deceitful.

But that's giving her the benefit of the doubt.

I'm going to chalk this one up to another example of Clinton's campaign managers sabotaging her from the inside.

So she made a mistake. That happens. It proves she's human, which, you know, for some people, is a revelation

roll.gif

Originally Posted by aepps20

The real question is what politician isn't deceitful?

Seriously. I'm sure everything coming out of Obama's and McCain's mouth right now is 100% truth. Lying is how you win in politics. Plant theseed and retractions don't matter later because everyone has already heard the lie and made up their mind.

Its not like she lied, she had false information and she was just tryin to make an example.

Obama ftw.

Lmao. This is getting great! When's their next debate. Barack's gonna mop the floor with her. I can see it now, he'll site the phone callcommercial, then proceed to ask if America is really ready for a President who lies about aspects that play such an important role in her campaign.

Obama ftw.

Originally Posted by NYelectric

I'm going to chalk this one up to another example of Clinton's campaign managers sabotaging her from the inside.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by solesurvi0r7

Lmao. This is getting great! When's their next debate. Barack's gonna mop the floor with her. I can see it now, he'll site the phone call commercial, then proceed to ask if America is really ready for a President who lies about aspects that play such an important role in her campaign.

Obama ftw.
i really don't see how they need another debate. barack has got this in the bag. even in hillary country (pennsylvania) he has closed the gap in abig way, even one poll showing him up 2%. she's really wasting her time and she needs to **** and let barack concentrate on mccain.

dang as usual. when you base your entire life around becoming president though, you're bound to fail. we need an actual person as a president. not a robot

Hrmm, someone didn't read the article they posted. Might want to do that before posting next time!

Didnt even read the story, but bottom line. Hilary is a politician, politicians lie. All of them. Period.

She split the Democrat party up so much that there is little chance that the Dems will win.

Originally Posted by thagreatj

She split the Democrat party up so much that there is little chance that the Dems will win.

So, Hillary by herself has split the Democratic Party apart? She was the front runner in the very beginning, so one could argue that Obama split the partyapart. It was basically a given the second that Kerry lost that Hillary was running. Sounds silly doesn't it? Yep.
One school of thought says this"feud" is helping the party. The other school of thought says it's hurting us.

Personally, I think more Democrats will bolt to McCain's side if Obama is the nominee than if Hillary is the nominee. However, I can see someone alsoarguing that Obama's ability to turn-out the black vote will cause many black voters to stay home if Hillary is the nominee.

That's not all she's lied about.
FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT

Mrs. Clinton has been caught telling a whole string of lies. She claims that as first lady she "helped pass the Family and Medical Leave Act." Actually, Senator Chris Dodd was the author and worked for its passage beginning in 1986, which is six years before Bill Clinton was elected. It was passed twice by Congress during the presidency of President George H.W. Bush, and vetoed both times. When Clinton ran for present, he merely promised to sign the FMLA.

Bill Clinton signed the FMLA only 16 days after being sworn in on February 5, 1993 - and there is no evidence whatsoever that Hillary played any role in helping it get passed by the Democratic Congress. Given that Bill Clinton promised to sign it during the '92 campaign, Hillary can't even argue that she even helped persuade him to sign it.

NAFTA

All through debates and her presidential campaign, Hillary Clinton has been saying to everyone, "I have been a critic of NAFTA from the very beginning." Now that we know from 11,000 pages of Clinton White House documents released this week that Hillary Clinton was an ardent advocate for NAFTA. She held at least five meetings to strategize about how to win congressional approval. Hillary Clinton was in the thick of the maneuvering to block the efforts of labor, farm, environmental and human rights groups to get a better agreement.

Now official records of her time as First Lady show that Clinton was the featured speaker at a closed-door session where 120 prominent women were lobbied by Clinton to pressure their congressional representatives to approve NAFTA. ABC News reporting on the session reveals that "her remarks were totally pro-NAFTA" and that "there was no equivocation for her support for NAFTA at the time;" these details have now been completely confirmed,

She lied to voters and the result was her win in Ohio…

Back
Top Bottom