Originally Posted by an dee 51o

RIP
yep
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Rightguard

if they have life jackets on i think they are okay

they arent stranded in some calm lake.
they are in the gulf of Mexico.
Cold waters. rough waters. 20 ft waves.Baracudas.Sharks. etc....

thats crazy stuff man... probably froze/eaten by sharks .... i am still in shock with all this. good thing i dont follow the nfl that tightly to actually havefollowed these players careers.. it would have hit me 10 times harder.

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Sad story.

R.I.P.

Even if they had found the bodies, it would have been good for closure for the families.

tired.gif

i have never seen open water whats the hype about????

my condolences go to these player's families i couldnt imagine what they are going through

and like dude said if they would of find their bodies at least it would of brough closure now they have to wonder what happen

is anyone else trying to imagine or grasp what it had to have been like being stranded in the gulf of mexico in the middle of night?
nerd.gif

Thinking about it just makes the story that much worse
tired.gif

source: http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2...h-left-life-jackets-dri/
[h2]Schuyler: 'Marquis Cooper, Corey Smith Left Life Jackets, Drifted Out to Sea'[/h2]
Posted Mar 3rd 2009 5:50 PM by Shane Bacon (RSS feed)
Filed Under: NFL Rumors, NFL

Just minutes after the U.S. Coast Guard announced it would be suspending the search for three missing men -- including NFL players Marquis Cooper and Corey Smith -- in the Gulf of Mexico, the lone survivor, Nick Schuyler has allegedly told investigators a bizarre story about what occurred.

According to Schuyler, the man found clinging to the fishing boat on Monday, Cooper and Smith, gave up hope.
"We were told that Nick said the two NFL players took their life jackets off and drifted out to sea," said Bob Bleakley, whose son Will, 25, is also still missing.

Nick said that two to four hours after the boat tipped over in rough waters, one of the two NFL players decided he'd had enough. A few hours later, the second one did the same thing. If that isn't enough, Schuyler said that Will Bleakley, who stayed hanging on the capsized boat with Nick, told him he saw a light in the distance and decided to try and swim for it.
"I think he was delusional to think he could swim someplace," Will's father said.

While this is the first thing Nick has been quoted as saying happened, one family member of the missing players isn't exactly sure how "together" he must be after such a traumatic experience.
Ray Sanchez, Cooper's cousin, said the Coast Guard told him the same thing, but cautioned against taking Schuyler's story as gospel at this point.

"We're not 100 percent sure where his head was at," Sanchez said. "He'd been through a lot."

The search ends at 6:30 PM ET on Tuesday.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by MBen32

is anyone else trying to imagine or grasp what it had to have been like being stranded in the gulf of mexico in the middle of night?
nerd.gif

Thinking about it just makes the story that much worse
tired.gif

frown.gif
That's so scary, RIP to the three guys.

I just hope they managed to make it to some unheard of island. I wouldn't want to be floating around for days and days.

Back
Top Bottom