Coffee

My parents drink coffee but they're older but when they see me drinking it they tell me it's not good. I love it though I dont think their is a daythat goes by without me having atleast 2-3 cups. My question is, is it really THAT bad? I know it really all depends on how much sugar you put into each cupbut still.

Sugar isn't good for you, but coffee is.

Wiki:

Coffee appears to reduce the risk of Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, heart disease, diabetes mellitus type 2, cirrhosis of the liver,[67] andgout. Some health effects are due to the caffeine content of coffee, as the benefits are only observed in those who drink caffeinated coffee, while othersappear to be due to other components.[68] For example, the antioxidants in coffee prevent free radicals from causing cell damage.

The mainstream view of medical experts is that drinking three 8-ounce (236 ml) cups of coffee per day (considered average or moderate consumption) doesnot have significant health risks for adults.

From Men's Health...

THE BENEFITS

Pure, black coffee is one of the world's most potent elixirs. "Generally, drinking 1 to 3 cups a day will increase your overall health," says Joe Vinson, Ph.D., a professor of chemistry at the University of Scranton, in Pennsylvania, who recently discovered that coffee is the number one source of antioxidants in the American diet. These antioxidants have been shown to possibly prevent certain types of cancer, including colorectal, and reduce the risk of developing alcoholic cirrhosis by 22 percent. Moreover, the neurological impact of caffeine has been shown to ****** the aging process and enhance short-term-memory performance. But keep your coffee intake to four 8-ounce cups a day; after that, the benefits are outweighed by an increased risk of cardiovascular disease.

Men'sHealth

Q: What's the healthiest coffee? Aaron, Baltimore, MD asks

Ask Men's Health Answers:
Black. In general, the more ingredients you add -- sugar, milk, chocolate -- the less healthy your java, says Peter R. Martin, M.D., director of Vanderbilt University's Institute for Coffee Studies. But recent studies have revealed that black coffee can help you fight off Alzheimer's disease, colon cancer, depression, and even type-2 diabetes. Your best bet is filtered black coffee (as opposed to unfiltered brews like espresso), since filtering may take away some of the fats that have been shown to raise cholesterol. And the caffeine? Despite the bad rap, it may be the reason that coffee lowers Parkinson's disease risk.
Men'sHealth

And WebMD...
Harvard researchers calculate that compared with not partaking in America's favorite morning drink, downing one to three cups of caffeinated coffee daily can reduce diabetes risk by single digits. But having six cups or more each day slashed men's risk by 54% and women's by 30% over java avoiders.
Consider this: At least six studies indicate that people who drink coffee on a regular basis are up to 80% less likely to develop Parkinson's, with three showing the more they drink, the lower the risk. Other research shows that compared to not drinking coffee, at least two cups daily can translate to a 25% reduced risk of colon cancer, an 80% drop in liver cirrhosis risk, and nearly half the risk of gallstones.

http://men.webmd.com/features/coffee-new-health-food

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Coffee is good once in a while... not all the time though.

LOL @ this guy chiming in giving to give an opposing viewpoint of all those Ph.Ds and doctors and Harvard studies.

i drink it occasionally but still dont get how people are "addicted" to it, like my boss over the summer, he drank 2-3 POTS of coffee PER DAY

one of which he drank at home before he came in at 7am

I've never enjoyed black coffee at all. Seeing the benefits really make me want to acquire the taste though.
pimp.gif

i stay drinkin it everyday at work. like 2-3 cups.
and during the weekends in the mornings is appreciated as well.

oh and i like my coffee like my women, black and full of liquor.
grin.gif

I don't put anything in my coffee, straight from the coffee maker to my coffee mug. I cannot imagine doing Tax Season without it. I typically detox afterbusy season for a couple months too.

I think people have issue with the "oil" or whatever additive in coffee...

I'm Asian and my family nor I drink coffee .. I know white folks who drink at least 3-5 cups a day. That is a serious addict.
eyes.gif

i usually drink at least 1 cup a day. im not a fan of black coffee but id drink it. usually some french vanilla or regular creamer, pause, and im good to go

I'm Asian and my family nor I drink coffee .. I know white folks who drink at least 3-5 cups a day. That is a serious addict.image

Seriously, a lady in one of my tennis classes went to the doctor as she had been feeling weird and he asked how much coffee she drank - she started countingand he stopped her once she got to 11 cups.

That's just crazy - and it's that terrible instant stuff.

I drink probably 10 cups a year. It's enjoyable at that but I wouldn't want to be drinking it all the time - and feeling like I had to have a cup tofunction in the morning.

I love coffee. It has to be good stuff though. No instant crap.

I volunteer in a dialysis center, and let me tell you, these people love their coffee. Except they decide to put absurd amounts of creamer and sugar in it. Ihave one guy who had me get him 25 sugars and 12 creamers last time for a 24oz cup.
alien.gif

coffee is better than red bull. jus stick to one cup a day wit no sugar jus cream and yur good. if u work out like running or martial arts you can burn offthat sugar and it should be no problem

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

I love coffee. It has to be good stuff though. No instant crap.

I volunteer in a dialysis center, and let me tell you, these people love their coffee. Except they decide to put absurd amounts of creamer and sugar in it. I have one guy who had me get him 25 sugars and 12 creamers last time for a 24oz cup.
alien.gif

That's ridiculous.
laugh.gif

Kona coffee FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stoneface to anyone who says starbucks, unless they're talking about the dude who has that in their SN.

I just checked back on my thread and WOW I really really did not know coffee was that good.
pimp.gif

Now i have something to say to my parents every time they say something about it.
laugh.gif
grin.gif

oh and i like my coffee like my women, black and full of liquor.
I like my coffee like my women.......quiet.

^^^Starbucks is good but you need to know what to get. Frapuccinos are not coffee. Get Arabian mocha sanani, kona, or guatemala casi cielo *****!

I'm Asian and my family nor I drink coffee .. I know white folks who drink at least 3-5 cups a day. That is a serious addict.
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
Why did you even bring yours or anyone else's nationalities into this thread? It's completely irrelevant.

Anyways, Mocha Latte with skim milk and no whip cream all day. I'm almost scared to try anything else...

Back
Top Bottom