Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
382uey-jpg.2400434

I been told black people to stop looking at entertainers and athletes as model black leaders.

It's like when everybody was mad at Steve Harvey, Ray Lewis, and Jim Brown for meeting with Trump to discuss "race relations".

****** should be mad that "they" think athletes and entertainers are the chief liaisons for the black community or some ****.

I'm not mad at Jay for this. As a lifelong Jay-Z fan (probably my favorite all time)...I expected this.

I'm just able to separate music from the man...and call a spade a spade. Not about to get me to buy the "change from within" spin move :lol:

This sounds good and I agree but nobody trying to hear some dude who is mostly on the same level try to say much if we’re being honest.

the problem is we equate sucess with only wealth (especially black folks) we are playing their game and elevate those who succeed at their game. That does nothing to the overall black conscious.

So what sacrifices are some of you making to get Kaep a job?

Jay-Z never said he wasn't going to watch football or represent NFL players until Kaep got a job.

This has to be the most disingenuous question you've ever asked on here.

Lemme go ahead and support someone in every single way besides making a verbal commitment. Since I didnt make that verbal commitment, im free of criticism when I choose to do the complete opposite of what was stipulated in a movement I willingly chose to support.

Dude literally hopped on the Kaep wave when it was hot, 3 years ago. Now that it has died down, we're supposed to ignore the actions taken back then because you (Jay and his fans) like his music?

Jay fans sounding like R.Kelly fans.

Still tryna catch up with all this. What exactly is Jay gonna be doing with the NFL? Haven't seen anyone mention it

Roc Nation, the entertainment company founded by rapper and businessman Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter, is entering into a multiyear partnership with the NFL to enhance the NFL's live game experiences and to amplify the league's social justice efforts.

As part of the agreement, Roc Nation will advise on the selection of artists for major NFL performances like the Super Bowl. A major component of the partnership will be to nurture and strengthen community through football and music, including through the NFL's Inspire Change initiative.

The NFL formally launched the Inspire Change initiative in early 2019, after more than two years of work with NFL players, with the goal of creating positive change in communities across the country. Through this initiative, NFL teams and the league office work with the Players Coalition and other NFL players to support programs and initiatives that reduce barriers to opportunity, with a focus on three priority areas: education and economic advancement; police and community relations; and criminal justice reform.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 3.11.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 3.11.40 PM.png
    2 MB · Views: 13
***** jay has spent Millions giving back to the black community, has helped employee & educate plenty of people in the sports/entertainment industry, not to mention his own contributions to hiphop culture as a whole but somehow i see people acting as if he's done nothing :lol:

He stood with Kap getting the message of police brutality out, Jay-z doing a deal with the NFL does nothing to sabotage Kap in the least bit. what was he supposed to do turn down the deal because they have blackballed Kap? People claim they want to see diversity in the NFL, they want to see them be more active in the community.... they hire Jay to do that job (a job that him and his agencies have been doing on their own for awhile now) and people are mad.

Jay has ALWAYS stated views on how he plans to make change, it was always centered around making capital, and then reinvesting that capital to create businesses & break into industries that black people have normally been shunned away from.

You don't like his path to uplift the black community, then by all means create or support those who follow a similar ideology to yours. people are just taking things to the extreme.

This has to be the most disingenuous question you've ever asked on here.

Lemme go ahead and support someone in every single way besides making a verbal commitment. Since I didnt make that verbal commitment, im free of criticism when I choose to do the complete opposite of what was stipulated in a movement I willingly chose to support.

Dude literally hopped on the Kaep wave when it was hot, 3 years ago. Now that it has died down, we're supposed to ignore the actions taken back then because you (Jay and his fans) like his music?

Jay fans sounding like R.Kelly fans.

Try to retype this like you want to make sense

and the R Kelly argument has always been they can separate the music from the man and he makes good songs. How is that even remotely similar?

Do you have a point?

And do you know what disingenuous means?

My question was rhetorical, because the majority of people criticizing Jay-Z aren't doing a damn thing for Kaep or black people for that matter. They want others to make sacrifices and do the work.

I refuse to see how Jay Z/Roc Nation being in charge of music does anything good for black people.... This is no better than when he led us to believe he really owned the Brooklyn Nets.
I personally will be getting my weekend football fix from watching/attending HBCU games.

I would be interested in seeing more details on how this partnership is supposed to nurture and strengthen communities

I refuse to see how Jay Z/Roc Nation being in charge of music does anything good for black people.... This is no better than when he led us to believe he really owned the Brooklyn Nets.
I personally will be getting my weekend football fix from watching/attending HBCU games.
Are you dudes real lol. I can understand the first part for a person but the second is some like fishing like none other

First it was nobody should work with the NFL, now that it's Jay it's well let's just wait and see

I get it, with Jay's history and commitment to the community he's gotta be doing the right thing so we should wait to see what's going on but let's not act like this don't have a fishy smell

A drug dealer really grew up to own part of a NBA and NFL team and amass a billion dollars. American Dream for real. You can do all things man. Don't let them tell you otherwise.

I'm out though yall have at it.

Back
Top Bottom