Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Like how he was part owner of the NETS?
He's much richer now than he was then so I'm expecting a larger piece. I know a few people who are part owners of sports teams and no matter how small the piece it is EXPENSIVE

And compared to basketball, football seems to have a much higher barrier to entry in terms of not money but being "American Royalty" or however you wanna phrase it.

Lol I have no comment on this or any of whats going on here. I just posted it cause I thought it was dope that he's come so far and knew this thread was all about Hov at present.

Of course :lol:. Like I said, crazy how people will let their fanhood override their politics. Man doesn't even want to acknowledge the politics of it

Of course :lol:. Like I said, crazy how people will let their fanhood override their politics. Man doesn't even want to acknowledge the politics of it
Or maybe I just dont come to NT for that. But think whatever you like. Theres a reason I've never been in this thread yet before today, the politics thread, or any of the other threads of this ilk. I dont come to Niketalk to have these discussions.

Or maybe I just dont come to NT for that. But think whatever you like. Theres a reason I've never been in this thread yet before today, the politics thread, or any of the other threads of this ilk. I dont come to Niketalk to have these discussions.

Sounds a lot like the same people who think an NFL game isn't the place to protest police brutality to be honest with you

You know what would be great? To actually get Colin Kaepernick's opinion on the matter. Seems like everyone is doing the talking for him...
The news outlets are phrasing it as if he dissed Jay with those tweets

Sounds a lot like the same people who think an NFL game isn't the place to protest police brutality to be honest with you
IDK about all that man, I just know that I really come on Niketalk to go to the NBA thread, the Drake thread, the Jay Z thread when theres reason, the battle rap thread, and other misc threads that interest me. Its not to induce stress and argue about politics.

But if you must know... I am not rolling with this. Never was rolling. DIdnt from the jump and if I really need to I could pull screenshots from text conversations that are days old which align with that. As a person I'm happy for him for continuing to achieve goals but this sus.

But again Niketalk isnt my outlet to discuss these things. I can easily separate politics from fandom. Jay Z is a drug dealer who shot his brother. Its not like I'm out there supporting that. If I couldnt separate the music from the person I shouldn't be listening to the kind of rap music I like to listen to at all.

I actually respect antidope antidope position. It's the *****s that's spinning this into some "infiltrate the system" plan by Hovi P. Newton that's looking ridiculous right now
People are daft man.

6D3428BD-9DE6-428D-9AE4-007BAB3DE347.jpeg

The first comment I made in my group chat about this situation was this and the more that comes out the worse he looks.

Idk how anyone can sit here, look at the fact pattern, and think that this is some sort of "make change from within" move. And Hov is my favourite musician ever. But that doesn't mean I'm about to cape for nonsense.

Call me when something actually changes.

IDK about all that man, I just know that I really come on Niketalk to go to the NBA thread, the Drake thread, the Jay Z thread when theres reason, the battle rap thread, and other misc threads that interest me. Its not to induce stress and argue about politics.

But if you must know... I am not rolling with this. Never was rolling. DIdnt from the jump and if I really need to I could pull screenshots from text conversations that are days old which align with that. As a person I'm happy for him for continuing to achieve goals but this sus.

But again Niketalk isnt my outlet to discuss these things. I can easily separate politics from fandom. Jay Z is a drug dealer who shot his brother. Its not like I'm out there supporting that. If I couldnt separate the music from the person I shouldn't be listening to the kind of rap music I like to listen to at all.

Yea I can respect that. It was the way you were congratulating him and then having no comment on the dark side of it that I didn't understand. I feel like you can acknowledge a person's flaws or mistakes and still be a fan. Nobody's perfect and we'd be left with no entertainment if we shunned everybody with skeletons

He's much richer now than he was then so I'm expecting a larger piece. I know a few people who are part owners of sports teams and no matter how small the piece it is EXPENSIVE

And compared to basketball, football seems to have a much higher barrier to entry in terms of not money but being "American Royalty" or however you wanna phrase it.

So they’re going to actually give him the full 1% this time huh? Lol

So Jay told Travis and others not to **** with the NFL
And then he gets a business deal with the NFL not even a full year down the line ok
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

And people are doing all these mental gymnastics as if that’s not some slimy **** :lol::lol::lol::lol:
The only thing coming out of this is more money in his pocket

You have a link that SPECIFICALLY quotes Jay-Z on the whole Travis Scott issue where you said he was told not to mess w/ the league?

You have a link that SPECIFICALLY quotes Jay-Z on the whole Travis Scott issue where you said he was told not to mess w/ the league?

There isn't one. Variety was the first outlet to report that he was urging Travis Scott to re-consider the super bowl and every other media outlet sourced it from them. This was when Maroon 5 was struggling to find a black act because they were declining due to a supposed boycott.

https://variety.com/2018/music/news...ith-maroon-5-at-super-bowl-report-1203094035/

It wasn't until 2 days ago...that Jay-Z felt compelled to clarify that what he really meant was that Travis Scott shouldn't perform unless he was the headliner :lol:

Last edited:
There isn't one. Variety was the first outlet to report that he was urging Travis Scott to re-consider the super bowl and every other media outlet sourced it from them. This was when Maroon 5 was struggling to find a black act because they were declining due to a supposed boycott.

https://variety.com/2018/music/news...ith-maroon-5-at-super-bowl-report-1203094035/

It wasn't until 2 days ago...that Jay-Z felt compelled to clarify that what he really meant was that Travis Scott shouldn't perform unless he was the headliner :lol:

Gotcha. However, since there was no actual quote from Jay, who knows exactly what his feelings were? Obviously folks will read/listen to what he said a few days back as a back-peddle, but to me, it's just a nebulous cloud of confusion as to what his actual stance was/is.

Personally, I think Jay has done enough good on the social-justice front to get the benefit of the doubt....however, I'm not stupid enough to not understand why people look at this funny on the heels of the role he played in gentrifying Brooklyn.

At the end of the day, with Kap's name being thrown around so much, it would be good to actually hear from him rather than secondary sources like Eric Reid and Nessa.

Back
Top Bottom