Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
im not big on non dairy ice cream but im copping one of these

interesting move. I'd think the data suggests the NBA has less to lose than the NFL to impose this rule. But at the same time, it would give the NBA more of a headache from a PR perspective, and they have their plate full trying to maintain the bag in a time of covid.

viewership demographic data found here..
https://morningconsult.com/2020/09/10/sports-fan-base-demographic-data/

I am not surprised more white folks watch the NFL than NBA (up here in MA, more people watch football and hockey than basketball i feel). So I can see the NFL/Roger G. took the stance they did. But the data shows the NBA has white folks as a minority viewer base. Plus the NBA has been much more progressive as of late, than any other league. I can't see letting teams decide themselves on the anthem will be any more jarring to racists than the black lives matter phrase the NBA had over the bubble games.

the people who have an issue with this anthem thing, have the same issue with black lives matter. They have some inherent biases (or racism) they act like they don't have. so i don't see what the difference is. those people will label racial equity and equal rights as a political issue anyways and say 'keep politics out of sports'

...even tho said players will suffer those "politics" every day of their lives.

could be more at stake than I know tho. NBA may have to appease...more powerful whites than we the public realize (i.e. city council of a NBA market)

no one cares about the anthem, even in the military. they play it at 5pm everyday and if you were outside you would have to stand and salute.
you would see cats at at 4:58 sprinting to the nearest building
**** we used to trick the young troops to go outside right before 5 and lock all the doors and laugh at them when they had to stand at attention and salute while it was cold af outside.

A worthy read:
F224774C-D779-4B4B-A991-AC284C15E48B.jpeg

“Superpatriots, writes Michael Parenti, are those people who place national pride and American supremacy above every other public consideration, those who follow leaders uncritically, especially in their war policies abroad. Superpatriotism is the nationalistic hype propagated by officialdom, the media, and various flag-waving groups.

Parenti demonstrates how superpatriotism attaches itself to religion, sports, the military, the schools and big business. He questions whether its top politico-economic propagators are themselves really patriotic, given how they evade taxes, export our jobs, pollute our land and plunder the public treasury.

With incisive probing and a humorous touch, Parenti addresses such urgent questions as: What does it mean to love one’s country? Why is it so important to be Number One? What determines America’s “greatness?” He examines how US leaders and the corporate media fan the flames of fear to win support for huge arms budgets, global aggrandizement and the suppression of political dissent at home and abroad.

Finally, he poses an alternative to superpatriotism, arguing that the real patriots are those who care enough to educate themselves about our country’s history and its present plight. He reminds us that it is not “anti-American” to criticize unjust social conditions at home or oppose global policies pursued by our rulers. Rather it is our democratic right and patriotic duty to do so.”

What's wrong with it? I come in peace

It's not going over well with a lot of black women. It's stereotypical and the imagery many want to distance themselves from.

In addition to not being with a black woman doesn't help his standing with many of them.

He should have had himself on the cover, since he's the one putting out the book and it's his words and beliefs.

It's not going over well with a lot of black women. It's stereotypical and the imagery many want to distance themselves from.

In addition to not being with a black woman doesn't help his standing with many of them.

He should have had himself on the cover, since he's the one putting out the book and it's his words and beliefs.
Barbados Slim Barbados Slim this.

"I will never watch NFL football again" - some "friends" of mine 2016/2017

**Hosts a NFL kickoff party this past weekend. - same "friends" 09/2021

These weirdos that were triggered of Colin kneeling is downright sad and shows a disconnect.

Last edited:
Did anybody watch Colin in Black and White on Netflix? I enjoyed it a lot. I know it's a reenactment of some of the things he went through, but his parents pissed me off :lol:

Back
Top Bottom