College heads...

i live 2 blocks from campus, so i always go home. prolly would be better if i stayed up there and studied though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Orange Soda Man

I usually go to the library or one of the "student center/student union" areas and either study or go on my laptop.

BTW, what school do you guys go to? I go to CSUN right now, used to go to UCSB.

How'd you like that? Moving from a UC to a CSU? I may be doing that next fall since my UC doesnt offer the Business program/degree I want.

Library computers! .... go on nt, gmail, +%%$@#*, blogs.....yup that's pretty much it. I'm on my break right now.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by throwedyonasb

Originally Posted by TheTim11

I'm on campus for most of the day...8am - 10:30 -11pm most days
eek.gif

how many hours are you taking??

15...class is usually till 4:30 at the latest...i spend the rest of the time in study groups or help sessions...then when i get home i can just chill since idont go to bed till about 2:30 daily anyways

In the library right now for my 3 hour break. I dont have my work ready for class though, So I might go home.

find a spot to sit and make sure im on top of eVERYTHING. maybe grab some lunch depending on time.
scope female prey

Originally Posted by Air23Jordan707

I usually go to the library or one of the "student center/student union" areas and either study or go on my laptop.

How'd you like that? Moving from a UC to a CSU? I may be doing that next fall since my UC doesnt offer the Business program/degree I want.

The biggest transition I'd say for myself was going from a quarter system to a semester system. But other than that I'd say everything (minus the UCSBparties/lifestyle) has been pretty much the same. What UC are you at, BTW?

I don't know how the UC's are handling budget cuts now since I no longer attend one, but from what I've been told by teachers a lot of the CSUschools are having to cut down on classes thus making it a lot harder to graduate within four years due to the fact some classes are only going to be offeredonce a year.

Originally Posted by YouMadYouBad

Damn man, you went from ucsb to csun, but suck. . . CSUN no where near as fun as UCSB

i just stay on campus i usually run into someone i know, or ill just go to the library and finish homework and get on niketalk.

Haha word, UCSB was amazing (can't wait to go back for Halloween in Isla Vista
devil.gif
)

You at CSUN?

staying on campus can be good/productive in between classes. i would always stay on campus for the entire school day because i knew i would be unproductive ifi left between classes.

If its only a couple of hours you should stay on campus. Meet new people, hang out in the sun, grab some food. Or at least do some reading. I usually only goback to the house if I need to sleep and I've got 3+ hours. Otherwise I just pass out in an empty class. I'm actually thinking about going to the gymduring these breaks of 2+ hours. Its kind of dead time anyway, you might as well use it to free up your evening schedule. Budget cuts are killing the UCs. Ican only speak for Cal (where we had to cut $150 million/year) but the cuts are REALLY tangible. I went to pick up some old exams and I found out the lady thatdistributes them had a bunch of her Mondays furloughed. There's less variety in the food available on campus - and the stuff that's left has all goneup 25%+. Libraries close earlier and some don't open on weekends (who the hell would go to a library on a weekend, though?). Its out of control. P.S. Toall the kids that helped organize the UC walkout, I'd like to thank you screwing us (schools on semesters) over right before midterms.

I'm glad i don't have 2-3 hours gap, but i usually just go to the "Student Union" and grab something to eat. I go to CSUS...it's a boring*$! school...lol.

Originally Posted by Air23Jordan707

The biggest transition I'd say for myself was going from a quarter system to a semester system. But other than that I'd say everything (minus the UCSB parties/lifestyle) has been pretty much the same. What UC are you at, BTW?

I don't know how the UC's are handling budget cuts now since I no longer attend one, but from what I've been told by teachers a lot of the CSU schools are having to cut down on classes thus making it a lot harder to graduate within four years due to the fact some classes are only going to be offered once a year.

I go to UCSD. As much as i like San Diego, and also the schools reputation, I cant get things done here. I also need to just do what I want. I heard the budgetcuts are killing every school. Good thing i plan on moving, i dont know how i can afford to go here next quarter with the said 30% increase in tuition. I'mtrying to go to a CSU, that i know isnt as reputable as UCSD, but at least i will be doing what i want, i can afford it, and the program is legit. All thatmatters to me.

Originally Posted by TacC4

If its only a couple of hours you should stay on campus. Meet new people, hang out in the sun, grab some food. Or at least do some reading. I usually only go back to the house if I need to sleep and I've got 3+ hours. Otherwise I just pass out in an empty class. I'm actually thinking about going to the gym during these breaks of 2+ hours. Its kind of dead time anyway, you might as well use it to free up your evening schedule. Budget cuts are killing the UCs. I can only speak for Cal (where we had to cut $150 million/year) but the cuts are REALLY tangible. I went to pick up some old exams and I found out the lady that distributes them had a bunch of her Mondays furloughed. There's less variety in the food available on campus - and the stuff that's left has all gone up 25%+. Libraries close earlier and some don't open on weekends (who the hell would go to a library on a weekend, though?). Its out of control. P.S. To all the kids that helped organize the UC walkout, I'd like to thank you screwing us (schools on semesters) over right before midterms.
^ stop fronting like you go to college. my dude plays xbox and eats carls jr thrice daily
laugh.gif

i remember having 3 hour breaks in between classes... i would just chill in the computer lab and surf the web...i never went home because if i did i would haveno motivation to come back to school

I have a 4 hour gap on mondays and wednesdays. I just chill in the library.

Next semester I'm definitely picking a better schedule.

thursdays i have class from 9:30am-10:50am

then i have a break
pimp.gif

im still on that break
indifferent.gif

evening classes ftl

Back
Top Bottom