Common "Be" Appreciation Thread- "Baby Let Me Testify"

Appreciated so much. I love this album....one of the best -hip hop albums created in the last ten years. Amazing from start to finish....great lyrics and great production. Easily Com's best and most complete work IMO.

Favorite song on the album is It's Your World....song always gets at least 3 spins from me.

Great album... Easily a classic & Com's best work.

Ye went to work on this album, but Dilla delivered with some greats beats as well.
nerd.gif

^My favorite off the album.
smokin.gif

One of my favorite albums too.. The intro alone is amazing. 
eek.gif

I posted the same in the "thread about nothing" the other day. lol

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Great album... Easily a classic & Com's best work.

Ye went to work on this album, but Dilla delivered with some greats beats as well.
nerd.gif

^My favorite off the album.
smokin.gif

This guy's taste in music>>>>>This is my favorite track too. Best beat out of the album.

Call me crazy but my favorite verse on the entire album is Kanye's on "They Say."

won't lie I wanted to like Kanye's production on this but I didn't he stuff always sounds thin and for the times. Dilla did damage and and to the poster who said this was com's best work check pleaaase reconsider your stance. Like water for chocolate, One day it will all make sense and Ressurection are much better albums.

Originally Posted by D723

Call me crazy but my favorite verse on the entire album is Kanye's on "They Say."
That verse IS Kanye, arrogant, cocky, pick an adjective to describe his personality. That verse embodies his persona.
pimp.gif

But, BE is one of my favorite albums of all time. Production, lyrics, track sequencing, the album is a classic. I didn't hear the album in its entirety until 2 or 3 years after it came out, but even individually the songs stood strong.

Blog post I made about the Intro in 2010: http://www.romebrown.com/2010/12/be.html

Originally Posted by boomboomskeetskeet

won't lie I wanted to like Kanye's production on this but I didn't he stuff always sounds thin and for the times. Dilla did damage and and to the poster who said this was com's best work check pleaaase reconsider your stance. Like water for chocolate, One day it will all make sense and Ressurection are much better albums.

I am a Com fan and listened to every Com album and this always comes up as an argument. Sorry but some fans of music especially in hip-hop always believe an artists earlier works are always superior and that is not always the case and is the case with common. LWFC, ODIWAMS and Ressurrection are all solid albums but have definite skippers and the production on a whole for those albums  are not close to Be. Lyrically and production wise Be is Common's best album....the album is great and you can listen all the way through. Even his weakest track Go is not a skipper and works in the album. Be is just simply beautiful hip-hop!

Love.

The fact that this came out the day my daughter was born and that intro...this album will always be great to me.

I look into my daughter's eyes....and realize that I'm gonna learn through her.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Noskey

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Com's best work.
nah..

What's better? I agree with AJ, hell I feel that this album's a masterpiece; this is also one of my favorite albums period.
Like Water for Chocolate > *

I might give One Day It'll All Make Sense the nod over Be too depending on how I'm feeling that day.

Not trying to take anything away from Be though. Phenomenal album.

Love this album! But I still til this day say "Like Water for Chocolate">

I remember being happy as hell as a kid and buying that album for $22 hahaha.

No such thing as Youtube and my family didn't have a computer to use Napster lol.

Kind of irrelevant, but Big Sean seemingly stole that high pitch thing from Kanye on "they say".

Album is in my top 5 btw

Back
Top Bottom