Could Christopher Nolan Be The Best To Ever Do It?

Martin Scorsese is also one of my favorites, but Nolan's vision is unparalleled. One could knock his lack of movies... Being Inception and The Dark Knight are his last two and before that he wasn't making huge blockbusters. However, I do believe that can make him more appealing in that "Hey we only get a Nolan movie every 3 years. So you know it will be epic." (sorry to use that word, but "epic" is all I can think of). I know some might say Spielberg and Michael Bay... But to me Scorsese and Nolan may be 1 and 2. With Nolan being 1 if his resume continues to grow from here.

Thoughts?

Martin Scorsese is also one of my favorites, but Nolan's vision is unparalleled. One could knock his lack of movies... Being Inception and The Dark Knight are his last two and before that he wasn't making huge blockbusters. However, I do believe that can make him more appealing in that "Hey we only get a Nolan movie every 3 years. So you know it will be epic." (sorry to use that word, but "epic" is all I can think of). I know some might say Spielberg and Michael Bay... But to me Scorsese and Nolan may be 1 and 2. With Nolan being 1 if his resume continues to grow from here.

Thoughts?

ok the Nolan hype is getting out of hand....
edit***

BTW he is great indeed, but if we are gonna talk epicness and concistency you cant forget about James Cameron.

edit***

BTW he is great indeed, but if we are gonna talk epicness and concistency you cant forget about James Cameron.

grammarpolice.jpg

I don't know how much i can trust your opinion with you putting Michael Bay, even as a joke, But Nolan is the true definition of a Filmmaker. All the pieces and elements of filmmaking he puts into his work is amazing. Even if greatness is just outside his reach like some say, who else aside from the legendary ones even come close to him right now?

And he's apart of the writing process too.

I don't know how much i can trust your opinion with you putting Michael Bay, even as a joke, But Nolan is the true definition of a Filmmaker. All the pieces and elements of filmmaking he puts into his work is amazing. Even if greatness is just outside his reach like some say, who else aside from the legendary ones even come close to him right now?

And he's apart of the writing process too.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

have you seen his movies tho? dude is batting 1.000

writes/directs everything he touches, not only does he make truly revolutionary stories as well as methods of telling them, but he singlehandedly revived the batman story and redefined what a re-imagining should be. Cameron does make great stories, as does scorcese and speilberg, but I just think no one is seeing nolan when it comes to near-perfection in the movie industry

writes/directs everything he touches, not only does he make truly revolutionary stories as well as methods of telling them, but he singlehandedly revived the batman story and redefined what a re-imagining should be. Cameron does make great stories, as does scorcese and speilberg, but I just think no one is seeing nolan when it comes to near-perfection in the movie industry

The fact that you think people might say Speilberg (although he's more in the discussion than Nolan even) or Michael Bay as possible contenders to "the bets to ever do it" really shows why your opinion shouldn't be taken seriously.

Have you ever heard of Stanley Kubrick? Francis Ford Coppola? Alfred Hitchcock?

The fact that you think people might say Speilberg (although he's more in the discussion than Nolan even) or Michael Bay as possible contenders to "the bets to ever do it" really shows why your opinion shouldn't be taken seriously.

Have you ever heard of Stanley Kubrick? Francis Ford Coppola? Alfred Hitchcock?

Def one of my all time favorites. Memento alone is one of thee greatest movies ever. He continues to remain consistent through out his entire career. Not to mention his last two films were incredible. I find it more impressive that he writes most of his films.

Def one of my all time favorites. Memento alone is one of thee greatest movies ever. He continues to remain consistent through out his entire career. Not to mention his last two films were incredible. I find it more impressive that he writes most of his films.

Originally Posted by bns1201

yeah, like i said dude is great, but since INCEPTION came out...ive seen like 8 threads about Nolan...lol 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bns1201

yeah, like i said dude is great, but since INCEPTION came out...ive seen like 8 threads about Nolan...lol 
laugh.gif

No, he's a great director and visionary, but he's not the best to ever do it, and probably won't be by the time his career is over. It's not a diss of him, but there's something missing from his movies that keeps me from putting him on a list with Scorsese, Hitchcock, Coppolla, etc. He probably leads the group of second tier directors, though, kind of like the Carmelo Anthony of filmmaking.

No, he's a great director and visionary, but he's not the best to ever do it, and probably won't be by the time his career is over. It's not a diss of him, but there's something missing from his movies that keeps me from putting him on a list with Scorsese, Hitchcock, Coppolla, etc. He probably leads the group of second tier directors, though, kind of like the Carmelo Anthony of filmmaking.

I can watch Scorsese flicks all day. The same one over and over I mean.

I can't say that about Nolan's films. Not yet.

But he is getting there.

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom