Could Christopher Nolan Be The Best To Ever Do It?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ this thread.

Akira_Kurosawa_directing.jpeg

One thing that distinguishes Akira Kurosawa is that he didn't make a masterpiece or two masterpieces, he made, you know, eight masterpieces. - Francis Ford Coppola[sup]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akira_Kurosawa#cite_note-157[/sup]
[h3]Kurosawa's Reputation Among Other Filmmakers[/h3]
The following directors either were directly influenced by Kurosawa, or greatly admired his work:
pimp.gif

I guess I typed my post without reading exactly what I was trying to say.

Could Nolan Go Down As The Best... Eventually.

And Scorsese and Nolan are MY 1 and 2 PERSONAL Favs.

Yes, I know who Stanley Kubrick and Hitchcock and Tarentino are, and Tarentino is one of my personal favorites also.

My point of view must have came out wrong.

/defense.

I guess I typed my post without reading exactly what I was trying to say.

Could Nolan Go Down As The Best... Eventually.

And Scorsese and Nolan are MY 1 and 2 PERSONAL Favs.

Yes, I know who Stanley Kubrick and Hitchcock and Tarentino are, and Tarentino is one of my personal favorites also.

My point of view must have came out wrong.

/defense.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by DUB 253

Only time will tell... In the end I think Nolan will finish his career as the best, but for now Scorsese holds the GOAT title.

Nolan's definitely putting out better movies than Scorsese right now tho imo...

Inception>Shutter Island

TDK>Departed

Shutter Island and The Departed aren't even Scorsese's best films. You can't compare those movies to the Dark Knight and Inception seeing that is Nolan's finest work to date. 
Yes I can...

I'm not comparing the two director's best work against each other. I'm just taking the last two movies each director did and pointing out that at this current moment Nolan is making better movies than Scorsese.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by DUB 253

Only time will tell... In the end I think Nolan will finish his career as the best, but for now Scorsese holds the GOAT title.

Nolan's definitely putting out better movies than Scorsese right now tho imo...

Inception>Shutter Island

TDK>Departed

Shutter Island and The Departed aren't even Scorsese's best films. You can't compare those movies to the Dark Knight and Inception seeing that is Nolan's finest work to date. 
Yes I can...

I'm not comparing the two director's best work against each other. I'm just taking the last two movies each director did and pointing out that at this current moment Nolan is making better movies than Scorsese.

I can't believe I forgot Akira Kurosawa. One of the best.

Rashomon Gave us the Rashomon Effect.

And Ran was so amazing.
pimp.gif

I can't believe I forgot Akira Kurosawa. One of the best.

Rashomon Gave us the Rashomon Effect.

And Ran was so amazing.
pimp.gif

too bad everyone sleeps on PT Anderson who's made 2 American classics (Boogie Nights, There Will Be Blood) and 2 borderline classics (Magnolia, Punch Drunk Love), has written/directed all his movies, and is only 40. His next film will be fantastic as well...The Master starring Phillip Seymour Hoffman about an upstart semi-made up religion in 1950s America (commentary on scientology).

I am the biggest Scorsese fan on NT, he is the greatest (new 35mm print of Raging Bull screening in NYC in October!!!!) and I think PT Anderson is the next in line. He's a modern day Marty. Tarantino is my other fav doing it right now, but his films are so much his own they're hard to include in the discussion.

too bad everyone sleeps on PT Anderson who's made 2 American classics (Boogie Nights, There Will Be Blood) and 2 borderline classics (Magnolia, Punch Drunk Love), has written/directed all his movies, and is only 40. His next film will be fantastic as well...The Master starring Phillip Seymour Hoffman about an upstart semi-made up religion in 1950s America (commentary on scientology).

I am the biggest Scorsese fan on NT, he is the greatest (new 35mm print of Raging Bull screening in NYC in October!!!!) and I think PT Anderson is the next in line. He's a modern day Marty. Tarantino is my other fav doing it right now, but his films are so much his own they're hard to include in the discussion.

Kubrick is overrated...Yeah I said it. I admit I have only seen Full Metal Jacket, A Clockwork Orange (Both Great, Classic films), and Eyes Wide Shut....The latter of which is so INCREDIBLY stupid that it hurts Kubricks legacy IMO. Obviously, the plot had to have gone way over my head, I have watched it about 3 times and for the life of me I can't understand what the movie was really about.

Kubrick is overrated...Yeah I said it. I admit I have only seen Full Metal Jacket, A Clockwork Orange (Both Great, Classic films), and Eyes Wide Shut....The latter of which is so INCREDIBLY stupid that it hurts Kubricks legacy IMO. Obviously, the plot had to have gone way over my head, I have watched it about 3 times and for the life of me I can't understand what the movie was really about.

I'm tripping, I seen the shining (needless to say, classic). I gotta pick up Dr. Strangelove and Space Odyssey

I'm tripping, I seen the shining (needless to say, classic). I gotta pick up Dr. Strangelove and Space Odyssey

We go see Scorsese movies because we as an audience KNOW that they're going to be good. We see Nolan movies because the hype behind them make us THINK they will be good.

Therefore, Scorsese > Nolan.

We go see Scorsese movies because we as an audience KNOW that they're going to be good. We see Nolan movies because the hype behind them make us THINK they will be good.

Therefore, Scorsese > Nolan.

kubrick isn't overrated. he made some of the best movies of each genre.

the shining-horror
ful metal jacket -war
dr strangelove- satire
2001- sci fi
plus lolita and a clockwork orange

he has the best sci fi and satire movie ever made hands down. clockwork is amazing. i can his the movies over and over again and find new things.

Polanski is one of the best to do it and very underrated on NT

chinatown is one of the best movies ever made and rosemary's baby is on the same level as the shining for me. the tenant is one of the weirdest movies i've ever seen. Repulsion is way ahead of it's time. I haven't even seen the pianist yet

He's the master of the psychological thriller

kubrick isn't overrated. he made some of the best movies of each genre.

the shining-horror
ful metal jacket -war
dr strangelove- satire
2001- sci fi
plus lolita and a clockwork orange

he has the best sci fi and satire movie ever made hands down. clockwork is amazing. i can his the movies over and over again and find new things.

Polanski is one of the best to do it and very underrated on NT

chinatown is one of the best movies ever made and rosemary's baby is on the same level as the shining for me. the tenant is one of the weirdest movies i've ever seen. Repulsion is way ahead of it's time. I haven't even seen the pianist yet

He's the master of the psychological thriller

Back
Top Bottom