Could Christopher Nolan Be The Best To Ever Do It?

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ this thread.

Akira_Kurosawa_directing.jpeg

One thing that distinguishes Akira Kurosawa is that he didn't make a masterpiece or two masterpieces, he made, you know, eight masterpieces. - Francis Ford Coppola[sup]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akira_Kurosawa#cite_note-157[/sup]
[h3]Kurosawa's Reputation Among Other Filmmakers[/h3]
The following directors either were directly influenced by Kurosawa, or greatly admired his work:
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
P4P, nobody can match his body of work except for maybe Hitchcock. Seven Samurai might just be the greatest thing to ever be put on celluoid.

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ this thread.

Akira_Kurosawa_directing.jpeg

One thing that distinguishes Akira Kurosawa is that he didn't make a masterpiece or two masterpieces, he made, you know, eight masterpieces. - Francis Ford Coppola[sup]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akira_Kurosawa#cite_note-157[/sup]
[h3]Kurosawa's Reputation Among Other Filmmakers[/h3]
The following directors either were directly influenced by Kurosawa, or greatly admired his work:
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
P4P, nobody can match his body of work except for maybe Hitchcock. Seven Samurai might just be the greatest thing to ever be put on celluoid.

Originally Posted by Gucci Mane

I don't even have these discussions anymore. Anytime something is hot atm people hype it up as the GOAT. Wayne, Drake, Nolan etc.
Preach!

Originally Posted by Gucci Mane

I don't even have these discussions anymore. Anytime something is hot atm people hype it up as the GOAT. Wayne, Drake, Nolan etc.
Preach!

Nolan in terribly talented, but a flawed director. He has one terrific film (Memento), a really good film (Inception), and an extremely successful and well done film (The Dark Knight). I liked The Prestige and Insomnia, but I never thought the direction of these films paralleled the intricacies, pace, and character development of his contemporaries. I love Nolan - he's one of the few directors today for whom I'll seek out future projects. His films guarantee ambition, cleverness, and visceral quality. One of the better young directors, but I think Paul Thomas Anderson is better. There Will Be Blood, Magnolia, and Boogie Nights are classics.

Nolan in terribly talented, but a flawed director. He has one terrific film (Memento), a really good film (Inception), and an extremely successful and well done film (The Dark Knight). I liked The Prestige and Insomnia, but I never thought the direction of these films paralleled the intricacies, pace, and character development of his contemporaries. I love Nolan - he's one of the few directors today for whom I'll seek out future projects. His films guarantee ambition, cleverness, and visceral quality. One of the better young directors, but I think Paul Thomas Anderson is better. There Will Be Blood, Magnolia, and Boogie Nights are classics.

2001 a space odyssesy isn't a movie its a work of art. That movie is so brilliant. The movies story line is so deep its disgusting. That movie alone makes Stanley K the best. Inception was dope but really over hyped as most modern things are that are good. The action sequences were to cut and dry for me given the framework of the story line. When the girl flipped the city upside down near the beginning I thought to myself the action sequences are going to be amazing. They were not in any way. The script was very intelligent though.

2001 a space odyssesy isn't a movie its a work of art. That movie is so brilliant. The movies story line is so deep its disgusting. That movie alone makes Stanley K the best. Inception was dope but really over hyped as most modern things are that are good. The action sequences were to cut and dry for me given the framework of the story line. When the girl flipped the city upside down near the beginning I thought to myself the action sequences are going to be amazing. They were not in any way. The script was very intelligent though.

--I dont think he's the best or will be the best.
--I will acknowledge he's been really consistent though. And all his movies have been solid.

--I dont think he's the best or will be the best.
--I will acknowledge he's been really consistent though. And all his movies have been solid.

Dudes are sleeping on Kurosawa. Check out Seven Samurai, Ran, Drunken Angel, and then ask yourself, "Whose the best to ever do it?"

Christopher Nolan movies are entertaining and well written. I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet but he could be considered as one of the best a decade from now. People just love to hate when you're on top.

Dudes are sleeping on Kurosawa. Check out Seven Samurai, Ran, Drunken Angel, and then ask yourself, "Whose the best to ever do it?"

Christopher Nolan movies are entertaining and well written. I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet but he could be considered as one of the best a decade from now. People just love to hate when you're on top.

I am going to be a punk when I say this but I saw Seven Samurai at school in film class and damn near fell asleep. I love films but I can't get into that era of movies for some reason. Metropolis was another one where I caught some zzz's, yet I know they are one of the best films to date.

I am going to be a punk when I say this but I saw Seven Samurai at school in film class and damn near fell asleep. I love films but I can't get into that era of movies for some reason. Metropolis was another one where I caught some zzz's, yet I know they are one of the best films to date.

laugh.gif
@ cameron being Tier 3 ...

Aliens , Terminator 1 & 2 , Titanic , Avatar
smh.gif

w/ that being said, Nolan well... he's a beast and lately his movies have had a lot of hype and have actually delivered ... hard to do

laugh.gif
@ cameron being Tier 3 ...

Aliens , Terminator 1 & 2 , Titanic , Avatar
smh.gif

w/ that being said, Nolan well... he's a beast and lately his movies have had a lot of hype and have actually delivered ... hard to do

Back
Top Bottom