Could You Ever Actually Take Someone's Life?

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by VeryAnalytical85

Fight or Flight, is what it all boils down to.

In the midst of a critical situation of survival, especially if your life is threaten. Sometimes (even unintentionally) without pre-meditated thoughts of taking someone's life. It happens.
I agree.

There's a huge difference between heat of the moment, defending yourself or getting into a fight that goes too far... compared to planning and going through with a murder.

Even those who say "If you mess with my family..." it's not exactly a black and white situation.  Depending on the severity of the circumstance, few people know the effort and difficulty it would involve to actually take another person's life with planning.
This.

Killing someone in self-defense is an inherent human instinct which almost all of us would do, literally without thinking about it.  However...

laugh.gif
at dudes thinking they would "easily" plan out the murder of someone who hurt a loved one.  I don't think y'all realize that 80-90 percent of murders occur under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol... meaning dudes, even cats in the streets and those who live in communities where violence is commonplace, almost never have the "heart" to take someone's life while sober.  So either you think you're different somehow or you planning on getting high or tilted before executing your precise execution plan
grin.gif

And none of y'all know what it's like to live with the feeling of having taken someone's life unless you've done it (which is probably none of y'all).  That's no light burden to live with, even if you're accustomed to living a lifestyle in which these things happen often... and that's based on the word of some straight killers.

But it's nothing to y'all
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by red mpls

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by VeryAnalytical85

Fight or Flight, is what it all boils down to.

In the midst of a critical situation of survival, especially if your life is threaten. Sometimes (even unintentionally) without pre-meditated thoughts of taking someone's life. It happens.
I agree.

There's a huge difference between heat of the moment, defending yourself or getting into a fight that goes too far... compared to planning and going through with a murder.

Even those who say "If you mess with my family..." it's not exactly a black and white situation.  Depending on the severity of the circumstance, few people know the effort and difficulty it would involve to actually take another person's life with planning.
This.

Killing someone in self-defense is an inherent human instinct which almost all of us would do, literally without thinking about it.  However...

laugh.gif
at dudes thinking they would "easily" plan out the murder of someone who hurt a loved one.  I don't think y'all realize that 80-90 percent of murders occur under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol... meaning dudes, even cats in the streets and those who live in communities where violence is commonplace, almost never have the "heart" to take someone's life while sober.  So either you think you're different somehow or you planning on getting high or tilted before executing your precise execution plan
grin.gif

And none of y'all know what it's like to live with the feeling of having taken someone's life unless you've done it (which is probably none of y'all).  That's no light burden to live with, even if you're accustomed to living a lifestyle in which these things happen often... and that's based on the word of some straight killers.

But it's nothing to y'all
eyes.gif

My point exactly man

if you guys are put in that very extreme situation where in you really have to, how would you want to do it?

Back
Top Bottom