Cracker Barrel, IHOP, or Waffle House....if you had to eat at one, which would it be?

every Ihop and waffle house ive been to have been dirty. Cracker barrel is a solid place in my book

Just went to CB last night and was reminded why I love this place so much. Cheap SOLID eating.
I usually get the 3 pancakes with turkey sausage. I usually turn my sausage patties into sausage biscuits + jelly + hot sauce. I love this place.
Pancakes? IHOP and Denny's don't compare at all man.

On top of it all...they actually use maple syrup.

I take my pancakes seriously, man. :lol: If restaurants put out that junk that IHOP/Denny's does, or the square KRaft joints, I'm not ordering pancakes/waffles/FT/ or anything that uses syrup. Probably the one item that I'm a food elitist about.

*DC...if you want the best pancakes, head up 95 and hit up Miss Shirley's in B-More. Life changing, bro.

Waffle House...hands down. The workers might be missing a few teeth or may not have the best english but.... the FOOD!
pimp.gif

Ihop fell off to me when they took the syrup away and now they bring you "Shot glass syrup" like dennys (Which I'm not even gonna start on).

All in all it tastes exactly like something I would get as a home cooked meal only @ clutch hours i.e. 2am and beyond.
smokin.gif

I hate that up North doesn't have WH. I can't bring myself to eat at "Cracker Barrel" cause the name doesnt sit right with me. *Shrugs* Call me what you will.

Waffle House was regular as hell to me. I can make better Waffles than them. I was SO unimpressed with their Waffles.

Do they sell pancakes? How are they?

JJ, where at in BMORE is this spot?

Are they better than CB?

Waffle House was regular as hell to me. I can make better Waffles than them. I was SO unimpressed with their Waffles.
Do they sell pancakes? How are they?
JJ, where at in BMORE is this spot?
Are they better than CB?

No joke...it's like 100x better than CB. It's pricier, but worth it. I usually stick w/ the cinnamon danish pancakes. Someone on NT put me on to this place (forget who), and I've been going ever since.

It's right across from the inner harbor, diagonal from the Barnes & Noble.

http://www.missshirleys.com/menu/

*drools*

Last edited:
Los Angeles resident. Ihop and dennys is only good when you're drunk/buzzed and wanna catch a bite and eye candy after the club. Both are yuck.

Go to Larchmont Bungalow for their red velvet pancakes or vegetarian pancakes with chocolate bananas and walnuts. 

Went to Waffle house when I was in St. Louis and it was a hood joint but them pecan waffles were good.

Tried to hit CB whilst in STL but the line was 1 and half hour wait.

From the south..so Waffle House first..then Ihop..never even thought about steppin foot in a Cracker Barrel

I went to Waffle House once in high school at like 1am.. even then it was bad.

Cracker Barrel has so much variety and everything I've had there tastes great.

waffle house waffles are the mo****** ****. I wish there was one closer to me...although last one I went too, girl inside had a damn noose on her rear view mirror in her car, smdh.

Original house of pancakes has the best cakes on earth. Bar none.

Out of those places u named, waffle house is my favorite. Then cracker barrel.

If location and time didn't matter I would go with CB. But since there are 3 IHOPs for ever CB location in my town, I usually go with IHOP since it's more convenient. CB has good breakfast but not worth passing 2 IHOPs to go get them. The difference is minute and it's pretty hard to screw up breakfast. Waffle House is the last option. Everyone who has ever served me food at WH was either a recovering addict, just got released from prison or both. Oh, and they'll tell you all about it too.

i'm from ga so waffle house by default. nothing beats the all-star breakfast at 4 am when you got the munchies-- nothing.

ihop is def. a strong second though. their blueberry pancakes are crack.

All Star with cheesy eggs, cheesy grits and pecan waffles are :smokin.

Waffle House>>>>> Either the two not worth mentioning.

The Hop is over saturated. The ones round my way barely use Hop ingredients now. They get their ingredients from Sam's. Like what the hell. I can make this at home.

For Quality - Cracker Barrel
For Quantity - IHOP
For Hole in the wall different and right off the exit of a road trip - Waffle House

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom