Cuban wants to know why Devin Harris is not on the AS ballot

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Devin Harris is not on the All Star Ballot ?[/h2]
Nov 17th 2007 10:16AM
Can someone please explain to me how and why Devin Harris is not even on the All Star Ballot ? I don't know who actually puts the ballots together. Supposedly its a bunch of media members ( which may be all the explanation I need) who decide who is on or off. No matter, its a sure bet none of them has a future as a GM in this league.

Devin may not put up the gaudiest numbers game in and game out, but is there any question he is the best defensive point guard in the NBA ? Is there even a close second ?

Devin can stay in front of the quickest points in the league. Does a good a job as anyone getting over and around screens and defending the pick and roll and can guard bigger two guards when we need him to.

Can you name any other point guard who is quick enough, smart enough and willing enough to get in front of the likes of Tony Parker or Allen Iverson and take a charge like Devin does ?

It takes a lot to amaze me. Leaving Devin off the ballot amazes me....Hopefully NBA fans and coaches will be smart enough to recognize the mistake and vote him on to the All Star and All Defensive teams this summer...
From his blog:
http://www.blogmaverick.com/2007/11/17/devin-harris-is-not-on-the-all-star-ballot/

but is there any question he is the best defensive point guard in the NBA ?

since when does defense have anything to do w/ making the allstar team? whens the last time bowen was named an allstar?

He got left off because nobody would vote for him anyways, Mark...
laugh.gif

I hate that kid, but he is playing VERY well this year. He definately deserves to at least be on the ballot.

I agree though. The way the NBA handles the balloting is stupid. It seems they make it before the season starts and it's set in stone. When you have guyswho come on unexpectedly (like Flip Murray a few yrs back), they can't even get on the paper ballot but even more inexcusable they don't even changethe online ballot to add them. Anyone who has ever done any html knows it generally takes about 1 line of text to add an option (a player in this case) to anonline vote.

Yes, because Devin Harris would get voted into the AS game in the West...

Tony Parker, Steve Nash, Baron Davis, Chris Paul, Deron Williams...

replace the faces in this pic with (insert sig shoe / high jersey selling players), and that's your ASG ballot.

pau.jpg

He wasn't even talkin about how well he is playing this year..

He was talkin about defense?
laugh.gif
..and everyone knows he flops a lot so..

that amazes me..

Originally Posted by Japs24

He wasn't even talkin about how well he is playing this year..

He was talkin about defense?
laugh.gif
..and everyone knows he flops a lot so..

that amazes me..
So, you're disputing that Devin is the best defensive PG in the league, or even just in the West? Who's better?
nerd.gif

He's not going to be voted to the All-Star team, but the fact that the NBA picks and chooses who they want on the ballot, rather than conducting it likethe MLB or NFL where every team's regular starter has a spot on the ballot is a little strange... Everyone knows Alex Smith won't be voted into theAll-Star game, but if he was left off and there were no intentions of adding him regardless of his play, would the 49ers have a problem with it? I'd betthey would...
Jason Kidd is better defensively and he doesn't flop.
So you came up with one name...

Originally Posted by Esco51

but is there any question he is the best defensive point guard in the NBA ?

since when does defense have anything to do w/ making the allstar team? whens the last time bowen was named an allstar?

did you forget about ben wallace?

Jordan Farmar is a better defensive PG than Harris.

What? You expected me to have some rolling emoticons down here?

He is.

he is not a good defensive player. he just flops, taking a charge is NOT defense!!
smh.gif
you are only an allstar because you are a dominant player not because youare an ok defensive player

Kirk Hinrich
Derek Fisher
Jordan Farmar
Jason Kidd
Chris Duhon
Mo Williams
Rajon Rondo
Chauncey Billups
Tony Parker

Back
Top Bottom