Dallas Mavericks 2015-2016 Season Thread

Anderson can ball 
pimp.gif

Anyone catch his block of tarik black last night?

Mavs in the quarterfinals
Yes! My goodness that was a sick block. For those that missed it: 

Didn't realize we even had Jeremy Evans...

Welp, RJ's signing with the Cavs. I'm actually kinda sad about this. I thought he had some nice moments with us last season.
I like RJ. I did think Rick played him too many minutes ahead of Aminu, but he was our best 3pt shooter last season. At least he had the decency to call Mark before signing with Cleveland. He's on the tail end of his career and looking to win a ring before retiring. I'm fine with that, just like I was fine with Trix going there last season.

Jus Anderson has a chance to go after rookie of the year he will get plenty of pt this year...if it were not for injuries this year at virginia he wouldve been top 7 pick he is the future of Mavs will be an all star in the L.....he'll definately be at rookie game in T.Dot mark my words

Every year I adopt a young player as my favorite.

I call it the Marquis Daniels award.

Past winners include Brandon Bass, Roddy Beaubois, and Jae Crowder.

Justin Anderson has this years trophy locked up.

Barring injury I don't know how he doesn't flourish.

jus anderson #23 jerseys will be everywhere around DFW like Romo or Dez jerseys .....hopefully he signs with swoosh for his footwear deal could get a sig down the road yep i said it...

has D Will had his press conference yet? i wonder what number he's gonna wear cant be 8 or 5 both are taken maybe he'll add them together wear 13...hope he goes after 32 or 1

has D Will had his press conference yet? i wonder what number he's gonna wear cant be 8 or 5 both are taken maybe he'll add them together wear 13...hope he goes after 32 or 1

No conference yet. Ideally JJ goes back to 11 now that Monta is gone. That could free up #5, unless Powell opts to changed his number.

Wonder what Wes is going to do if Felton isn't traded.

Didn't realize we even had Jeremy Evans...

Welp, RJ's signing with the Cavs. I'm actually kinda sad about this. I thought he had some nice moments with us last season.

That dunk that the refs called a offensive foul stand out to me, I don't know how to embed video. I'll show myself out.

Last edited:
No conference yet. Ideally JJ goes back to 11 now that Monta is gone. That could free up #5, unless Powell opts to changed his number.

Wonder what Wes is going to do if Felton isn't traded.
I think Matthews picked #0 if I'm not mistaken...

We need to get some help before Sept comes Taj Gibson needs to be a target Bulls are overloaded at the 4 they are gonna trade him if we can send ray Felton and a protected 1st rounder in 2020 for Taj Gibson and we'll probably have to take a dump contract like hinrich which I'm good with so that Celtics pick won't be so bad to give up...

We need to get some help before Sept comes Taj Gibson needs to be a target Bulls are overloaded at the 4 they are gonna trade him if we can send ray Felton and a protected 1st rounder in 2020 for Taj Gibson and we'll probably have to take a dump contract like hinrich which I'm good with so that Celtics pick won't be so bad to give up...
dead this. fish already shot it down... 

dead this. fish already shot it down... 

They ain't 100% at db.com

They claimed Deron was last on the list of PGs we wanted.

I think Noah is available for the first right price

That dunk that the refs called a offensive foul stand out to me, I don't know how to embed video. I'll show myself out.
Yep on MKG, though that wasn't his best play of the season. I thought kneeing Rondo in the face was his best contribution last season. 

What are yalls realistic expectations for the coming year?

Best Case: 48-54 wins and a playoff team (only to get womped in the 1st)

Most realistic: 42-48 wins and a 9/10 seed (some promise but defense is mediocore)

Worst case: 30-42 wins (Give up the pick and not bad enough to be bottom 7)

Also I know it is a bit early but I would love this to play out next offseason:

Deron/JJB/

Wes/Devin/Jenkins

CP/Simba/Evans

R. Anderson/Dirk

Noah/

Best case: compete for a playoff up until the end of the season.

I want them to keep the pick and Silver looks out for the team and they land in the top 3. But in order for them to do that they need to be bad enough. It can be done, but it likely won't.

Fringe playoff team with the 42-50 wins. I think Rick can get these guys to overachieve, like he's done in past years. We lose Monta's penetration, but improve in defense. We'll see if Parsons can maintain the same level of efficiency with a higher usage rate. 

We don't have a primary above the rim kind of player that we had with BWright and Chandler. Hoping Evans gets some minutes and that we do pick up Javale. 

I'm fine with giving up the pick this year. Gotta get it over with and this year's draft class is seems very top heavy, so even getting no. 7 or higher isn't worth the losses. 

I know a lot people done wrote us off but u gotta understand we got a lotto worthy player in the draft "king just" I think D-Will will be rejuvenated here plus once parson and Wes Matt get 100 on health we are gonna be good then we sign JJenkins from the Hawks he'll be a gem off the bench...we need post help stop getting these players like Famous and Sarge go get Javale stop wasting time he'll even Birdman would work rt now...I can hear the Archie Eversole in the background... come on October...

Just signed summer league standout maurice ndour... Knicks fans were bummed about us getting him so he must've shown some potential. Not bad

health and post play is what i pray for us to have im not worried about starters just the bench but if we can get a starter quality center so we can bring zaza off bench then were good i wonder whats wrong with javale?

health and post play is what i pray for us to have im not worried about starters just the bench but if we can get a starter quality center so we can bring zaza off bench then were good i wonder whats wrong with javale?
I wonder that too... something must be up. Cubans followed these European centers on twitter could be foreshadowing. I think mcgee could thrive here he's never had a respectable coach like carlisle. Dudes don't like george karl

Dalembert why mark???. Why??? Smh we were lucky Knicks took him the first time...
it ain't that bad lol

Apparently he turned down contacts after he got cut last year to train to return to the mavs.

A three headed center lineup of zaza, mcgee and him doesn't sound THAT bad

Back
Top Bottom