Dallas Mavericks 2015-2016 Season Thread

From db.com:

The Mavs are wide-open to the idea of almost anybody as a center candidate. But there is no opening here for the gifted-but-troubled Larry Sanders.

But we've always viewed that last drug suspension as a game-changer, the straw that breaks the camel's back, regarding what their interest should be. We've said Sanders in Dallas would mean the import of a player who brings the Sword of Damocles to hang over their franchise, because the next failed test will have even bigger repercussions.

Looks like it's could very likely be Zaza, Javale, Dalembert as a 3 headed monster, which is actually a lot better than some of the players we've rolled with in the past. 
It actually happened! Hah. I think this is a solid C rotation. Moves Powell to the backup 4, who looked great in SL. 

pimp.gif

That 3 headed attack of Zaza, McGee and the Haitian half asleep Senstation not looking that bad

pimp.gif

That 3 headed attack of Zaza, McGee and the Haitian half asleep Senstation not looking that bad
For sure.

Williams - Barea - Felton 

Matthews - Harris - Anderson

Parsons - Evans - Jenkins 

Dirk - Powell - Villanueva

JaVale - Zaza - Dalembert (order TBD)

Thought DJ would've been a great starting C to have, we would've sacrificed depth year until the salary cap jump next year. I like this more distributed lineup. Looking forward to the season!

That lineup looks formidable... now if there was a way we could rake in Markieff Morris from the suns to round this out

Ugh. Guess we'll be on Shaqtin' A Fool a lot this upcoming season.

ICYMI, the schedule is out. Our second game of the season will be on TNT against the Clippers in LA. To no one's surprise, we play them four times this year (10/29, 11/11, 3/7, 4/10) instead of the usual three. Sucks that we have to play them twice when we won't be at full strength.

Think I'll try to go to the game in April, though I'm afraid players on both sides probably won't play since it's the end of the season.

Last edited:

That lineup looks formidable... now if there was a way we could rake in Markieff Morris from the suns to round this out
Would love that. Would be a great backup 4. Too bad he didn't demand a trade earlier. May have been able to net him as part of a Tyson SNT. 

Ugh. Guess we'll be on Shaqtin' A Fool a lot this upcoming season.

ICYMI, the schedule is out. Our second game of the season will be on TNT against the Clippers in LA. To no one's surprise, we play them four times this year (10/29, 11/11, 3/7, 4/10) instead of the usual three. Sucks that we have to play them twice when we won't be at full strength.

Think I'll try to go to the game in April, though I'm afraid players on both sides probably won't play since it's the end of the season.
Dallas may be pushing for a final playoff spot in April, so you should still go. Unfortunately, 3 of 4 games against LAC are on the second night of a B2B (ugh). Reminds me of us last year against the Rockets, with all 4 games on the second night of a B2B. 

There's a five year rotation to determine which out-of-division conference teams are played only 3 times. We'll likely play LAC 4 times next year.

4 games vs 4 division teams = 16

4 games against 6 non-division conference = 24

3 games against 4 non-division conference = 12

2 games against non-conference = 30

we still got some work to do from now till feb we need to be in playoffs not just 8th spot we need 5 or better no 1st round k.o.'s lets hope clippers get 4 and we get 5th or vice versa come on donnie and mark we need another talent on this squad morris,gibson somebody strong off the bench is what we still lack

Wes said today that he's ready to start on opening night. Combined with the IG video of Parsons draining 3s on the Mavs practice court, I'm excited to see a fully loaded squad to start the season.

Wes said today that he's ready to start on opening night. Combined with the IG video of Parsons draining 3s on the Mavs practice court, I'm excited to see a fully loaded squad to start the season.
that'd be great... want a fully healthy squad against the Clippers.

Great news. Guess I might try to go to the Mavs/Clippers game during opening week after all.

Went to the Mavs Fantasy Camp yesterday. Saw Wes, Chandler, and Javale putting in rehab work. Casey Smith said Wes and CP are on schedule. 

Deron was there too and does look a lot leaner like Tim MacMahon reported. Got me really excited for the season to start. 

Been quiet in here as of late. 42 days left until the season opener, who's excited? 

Current rotation:

DWill - Barea - Felton

Matthews - Harris - Anderson 

Parsons - Evans - Jenkins

Dirk - Powell - Villanueva 

Zaza - Dalembert - McGee

Does McGee win the starting C spot by midseason? Who initiates the offense more - DWill or CP? Does Powell see meaningful minutes as a backup 4?

I'm most excited to see defense at the 2 spot this season. As great an offensive player Monta was, it was frustrating watching him try to play D. 

i think the first 2 months will be interesting i dont see us getting it going till allstar break but someway if healthy we can compete for top 6 in west we are just one move away its gonna happen

Excited! Tonight's matchup is a good one. Gotta keep Tyson from dunking all over the place tonight, but I think we have a good shot at winning. I don't know how the minutes restrictions on Wes and Deron will affect our competitiveness though. 

Would be very pleased if we took 2 out of 3 on this roadtrip. Suns and Lakers very winnable games.

I wonder when McGee and Parsons will be a go

I would think Parsons is a week or 2 out since he started practicing 5-on-5 during the last week of the preseason. I'm hoping for a full squad by Sunday though- flying to LA to catch the Lakers game and I want us at full strength. 

I would think Parsons is a week or 2 out since he started practicing 5-on-5 during the last week of the preseason. I'm hoping for a full squad by Sunday though- flying to LA to catch the Lakers game and I want us at full strength. 
Enjoy my g

Who do y'all think will lead the team in scoring this year?

I think Dirk will end up leading the team but I'm hoping Wes or CP surpasses him (meaning less responsibility and minutes for Dirk).

No 2015-16 season thread?
nerd.gif

I should've bought tickets to the Clippers game... Had the opportunity to get some seats through work. Part of me was afraid we were going to get blown out by them again, though.
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom