Dating a woman with children

Ninja - I feel you there but what I'm getting at is even when there is a single mother ( whatever the case my be pops doing a bid, deadbeat etc) they are 95% of the time judged from the jump.

I'm from Harlem so I see my fair share of the reg hood chicks with kids looking for a dude to take care of them but there are women out there that have kids and seen it in their best interest to raise the child on their own.

What's crazy is when the tables are turned this topic is completely different. Most woman see a single father as a strong responsible man that takes care of business (coming from a once single father)

Reactions: GJR
Ninja - I feel you there but what I'm getting at is even when there is a single mother ( whatever the case my be pops doing a bid, deadbeat etc) they are 95% of the time judged from the jump.

I'm from Harlem so I see my fair share of the reg hood chicks with kids looking for a dude to take care of them but there are women out there that have kids and seen it in their best interest to raise the child on their own.

What's crazy is when the tables are turned this topic is completely different. Most woman see a single father as a strong responsible man that takes care of business (coming from a once single father)

Your dead on with the last part. It's defenitely a double standard which I've gotten yambs off of. Females view single fathers that are taking care of their responsibilities and have things going for them in a positive manner.

Dead right on the uptown broads lookin for father figures in their kids life's to lmao

that's just one of the few things we have over women 
pimp.gif
. it aint far but thats life. 

Simple, women view men that display responsibility, protection, and being able to provide as a turn on.

We don't value those traits in a woman as much as they value those traits in us.

Simple, women view men that display responsibility, protection, and being able to provide as a turn on.

We don't value those traits in a woman as much as they value those traits in us.

Not true. Lol. If he's a single father struggling 9/10 that kid wasnt planned and I view it as irresponsible. But at least he's trying to be there for the kid. Men have much less repercussions and the initial emotional attachment. Honestly they can walk out of a child's life at anytime *some of you can attest to this* mothers are more forced to be there. So for a man to own up and take care of his kid gets nothing but respect from me. But that is by no means attractive imo.

The double standard saga continues...

Not true. Lol. If he's a single father struggling 9/10 that kid wasnt planned and I view it as irresponsible. But at least he's trying to be there for the kid. Men have much less repercussions and the initial emotional attachment. Honestly they can walk out of a child's life at anytime *some of you can attest to this* mothers are more forced to be there. So for a man to own up and take care of his kid gets nothing but respect from me. But that is by no means attractive imo.

The double standard saga continues...

do you factor in the age of the kid and the age of the dad when you decide they are irresponsible?

More than that.. I look at their situation as a whole. Age is not the deciding factor. There are some young people who plan kids and have the means to do so. I've given men with kids a fair shot as an equal opportunist. But it's always same result

preach. tabernackle.

More than that.. I look at their situation as a whole. Age is not the deciding factor. There are some young people who plan kids and have the means to do so. I've given men with kids a fair shot as an equal opportunist. But it's always same result

i can respect that.

just to be fair the following is my opinion on the matter:

i don't date chicks with kids. lots of women out there without them, and i am nowhere near any place in my life to take care of a child. i'd rather save myself the money and headache. i'll smash a chick with a kid, though, as long as its guaranteed casual and i don't meet the kid (hi/bye at the most or i'll just feel bad for the kid for having a mom that brings casual sex partners around).

Damn, this thread has entertained.

Personally, I couldn't be serious with a chick with a child by someone else.
A friendship but nothin more, just not.worth the hassle.

..like grabbing a whip with a salvaged title.

i can respect that.

just to be fair the following is my opinion on the matter:

i don't date chicks with kids. lots of women out there without them, and i am nowhere near any place in my life to take care of a child. i'd rather save myself the money and headache. i'll smash a chick with a kid, though, as long as its guaranteed casual and i don't meet the kid (hi/bye at the most or i'll just feel bad for the kid for having a mom that brings casual sex partners around).

That's fine. Long as its a mutual understanding. Everyone is entitled to their preference.

There is NO parent in this world that hasn't been inconvenienced by their kid. No matter how mature you are. You will lose sleep. You will have "random" hospital appointments. Things happen. If someone inconveniences you, they are an inconvenience.

But that is what happens when you deal with someone that you love. They are inconveniences at times.

Now if they inconvenience you more than make you feel good, time to get rid of them. (Non-kids)

No doubt. Kids are a BIG INCONVENIENCE! Your time, and energy wasted on a kid having a tantrum cause it's nap time and he/she is not sleepy! :smh:

That's why I don't even mind not having any seeds. I don't mind doing the daddy/family thing with a JO's kid on a weekend or once in a while but FULL TIME taking care of kids? :lol: Hell nah. I enjoy my free time too much.

All I know is if I do have kids, a nanny better come with one.

Last edited:
This can be tricky. Im 29 and my lady is 34 with 3 kids. I got at her because shes super bad and over time, I got to know her as a person and her personality is like the female version of me. We didn't live near each other so we were kinda forced to get to know one other for the first 3-4 months with occasional visits every 4-5 weeks. I got to know her kids and our situation ended up meshing well. Her baby daddy is super cool(hes actually her ex husband). She has her own crib, house and money so she doesnt depend on me for anything other than emotionally. Like someone else said, chicks in these situations know their worth

Every situation is different but for me, it worked out perfect. This coming from a dude that had a 1 kid max for previous chicks lol

On a random note. It's an article on espn where Dr. J called Andrew Bynum damaged goods. Made me think of this thread

I have to co sign this, this is so true. We as man doing our thing tend to think good women come dime a dozen.

i dont have kids can i get a shot
embarassed.gif

Back
Top Bottom