Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[quote name="CP"][quote name="Mr Marcus"]Funny the game Kobe stopped being an assist man they get ran over :smh:
*sigh*

What game are you watching?

Kobe pass to Ron open 3, miss.
Kobe pass to Meeks corner 3, miss.
Kobe re-pass to open Meeks corner 3, miss.
Kobe pass to open Nash 3, miss.
Kobe pass to Jamison at the rim, blocked.

Dude would have about 7-8 assists only he has zero.

But he stopped passing. Yeah, that's what a box score says.

Ska, hope you see this post.[/quote]We are never going to agree on Kobe. Why did you hope I saw this post? So you can get even more frustrated w/ me after reading my response? What, you thought I would respond that he still had an obvious commitment to dropping dimes?

I would say that... if he did.

You don't get 14 assists by 14 passes and 14 made shots on 14 assist attempts. There were still about a half dozen miscues between Kobe & teammates in those games.

Those four games where Kobe averaged nearly a triple double, his focus was absolutely more on facilitating then than it is now.

Getting assists doesn't come from perfect teammates; it comes from a commitment to team basketball and fluid ball movement despite imerfect teammates.

The unfortunate thing for me is that you baited me into a response, and now people are going to respond to this response by saying that I'm blaming this all on Kobe; they're not going to read this whole response, and I fully expect at least a couple replies along the lines of "I can't believe people are pinning this on Kobe."

I did, however, mention a week ago that the transition from Kobe Johnson back to Kobe... Bryant... would be gradual, not overnight. He has gone from having 10-15 FGA & 10-15 dimes... to 21 FGA & 9 dimes the night I said that... to tonight, 15 FGA & 0 dimes.*

That was cute, though, the Magic Mamba stuff. Good times. :smokin

* In my own defense, I will give him credit for showing restraint in the shooting department. 15 FGA is completely acceptable; hell, I'd go so far as to say he should have shot more.

My qualm isn't... actually, I don't even have a qualm; I'm just responding to you mentioning me... :lol:

Sure, he should have finished the game with at least 1 assist. But hell, if you're not going to get any dimes but you're only going to shoot 15 times as a starting 2 guard, that's definitely not even close to chucking or ball hogging, and the loss is definitely not on him... HOWEVA... if he would have been Magic Mamba, I think the score would've been closer, and maybe we win. It's not on him that we lost, but I do think he could have found a way to make his teammates better and pull out the W.

Ah hell, I'm just trying to avoid ticking you guys off because I didn't say "What? That dude is stupid. Kobe was passing like crazy!" but I know that's inevitable, so have at it. :lol:[/quote]

I'm not trying to convert you, never was. You at least discuss and work thru things, others on this board just hate and have zero clue what they are even talking about.

14, 14, 14 was a good point, but you forget one last piece. If/when Kobe is passing for the open shot, and they hit them, it begets more passing, right?

You feed Ron if he's hitting 5 outta 10 shots. If he's 1 for 10, pretty good idea to stop givin him the open shot.

I pointed out multiple passes Kobe made, almost all in the first half (while the game was still close) and they would not make them.

So in Q 3, Kobe tries to bridge the gap, do his scoring, keep the game close, hope the guys wake up and they can make a run. Nobody joined him. :smh:

Do you know how many times I have seen that over the years?

And do you know where? Not, LA. And that's part of the point. At home, everybody feels good, go their fans, people cheerin ya, everyone's great. On the road, that's where they break your will, your spirit, that shows who you truly are.

Remember 2010 game 5, in Boston? Chance to take a 3-2 lead, in the Finals, NOBODY showed up that game, cept one. That guy made like 8-9 shots straight, not one miss, almost 20 straight points, keepin his team alive, fighting his balls off, had Wade shakin his head drinkin his water. The Celtics lead only grew. In the end, he was dead, GAVE the ball to other Lakers, I'm tapped, ya'll need to help, come on. Hadn't missed a shot yet, wasn't like he was 4-14 or something, he hadn't missed a single shot. The team was nowhere to be found. Scared, wilted, the moment was too big.

Come home for game 6, at home, every one of them showed out. Looked like a preseason game out there. Flashy, smilin, havin a good time, just runnin around playin.

You need killers. You know it, I know it.

Last night, how many killers you see out there?

Jamison was getting TORCHED by Jeff Green, dude that had heart surgery.

Earl Clark and his young legs, 6-10 freak athlete, getting ABUSED by old, slow, fat Paul Pierce.

Dwight, no question wasn't there. He mentally never came to the game. Probably feels uncomfortable health wise right now, I won't beat him up too bad right now.

Kobe gave them the ball, he fed them, wide open looks. None dropped. Zero. Keep feeding them? Why?

Kobe got hot, and tried again to carry the team, bridge them to the 4th, make a run hopefully. He was 9-14 (the one 3 he shot, don't count man, it was a 75 footer to end the first Q) At one point in the third, he was 3-3, the rest 2-7. Those 2 were Nash shots that Nash created himself. Kobe scored and scored, 13 in the Q, the Celtics lead only got bigger. No one defended no one. As I said, the Celts were abusing the Laker D.

1 guy came to play, 11 others were too weak to play in the moment, in Boston. Hopefully, they play harder/better/smarter in Miami. If they make shots, Kobe will get them shots. If they don't, he'll adjust, and do what he can to try and steal a game. He's done it his whole career.

This year, Nash, Pau, Dwight, all hurt. Missing time, bad play, benched, all of it. Kobe will play his 17th year, right now at 27, 5 and 5. All NBA. Could play 80 games if he wants, and you know who is going to take the hit for this season? Him. The one that plays every game, elite level at 34, more mileage than any player on the roster in terms of games/minutes at the NBA level.

They're already circling. It's all going to go on Kobe's shoulders. He failed. Can't get his team to the playoffs. Ruined the team, etc. Haters delight.

And Dwight has been so great? With the injury problems he's having, in addition to his ineffectiveness offensively, I don't know if I want them to give him a 5/yr max contract. At least Pau will only be around one more year. If it were up to me I trade Dwight (before the deadline or in a sign and trade) for a starting 4 and backup 3 hopefully. I'd have a lot more faith in a Love/Gasol front court for next year than anything with Dwight. Hell, I'd be ecstatic if we could even get Horford/Fillers in S&T this summer.

So let me get this straight you want Al horford who is completely healthy and doesn't do what Dwight Does at 75%. that makes perfect sense

I HATE ESPN for the manipulation that they have over people yo it's sickening

Last edited:
Man, y'all boys didn't want Bynum on this squad. Y'all were the main ones clamoring to get Dwight here :smh:

Drew I miss you bruh, I really do. Heal soon.

How exactly would having a Drew Bynum who till this day is still hurt and couldn't be controlled by Phil Jackson! help this years lakers squad?

Drew wanted the ball more last year and him and Pau also didn't work on the floor together, People are talking about Dwights horrible body language are we forgetting that Drew was the same guy who would go to the bench and have tantrums when he didn't get his way. Not to mention he's made of glass why in the blue hell would anyone want him back for dwight?

Too much of a headache reading all the craziness that ensued after that loss last night.
I already have a good idea of what was said, who was said, and why it was all said.

I agree with probably most of it...but it doesnt matter.
Bottom line is, we suck. Our team is not a good team right now. Our coach is not a good coach.

On to tonight, lets see if we can beat the horrible Bobcats team...or if we're going to continue last nights embarrassment :rolleyes .

You want to play this game Essential and bring up Hakeem Olajuwon? Whose not even in Dwight's circle? Ok, I'll Play. Since that was the summer of 2011 I'll give you this.

"There's only one team on my list and if I don't get traded there, I'll play the season out and explore my free agency after that," Howard told Yahoo! Sports on Monday.

Howard did not specify the team, but Magic general manager Rob Hennigan confirmed Monday what multiple league sources have told ESPN -- Howard wants to be traded to the Brooklyn Nets, making that clear in a meeting the GM had with the Magic center Friday. July 2, 2012 ESPN

As the Los Angeles Lakers, Houston Rockets and other teams prepare possible trade offers for him, Howard told Yahoo! by phone that, "There’s only one team on my list and if I don’t get traded there, I'll play the season out and explore my free agency after that."
Howard wouldn’t specify the team, but multiple league sources believe that it is the Brooklyn Nets. July 2012, YahooSports

That was just in July, one month before the Magic refused to trade him to the Nets but instead traded him to the Lakers and ignored his wishes. If the Magic accepted the Brooklyn deal and Dwight became a Brooklyn Net all this "Dwightmare II" wouldn't be going on because he would have already publicly committed to them, like he said he would have.

Dwight Howard admitted Thursday that he wanted to be traded from the Orlando Magic to the Brooklyn Nets.

Howard, who was ultimately dealt to the Los Angeles Lakers, said, "I did want to go to Brooklyn. That's a place where I told the Magic that I really wanted to go," to Stephen A. Smith and Ryan Ruocco on ESPN NewYork 98.7 FM. "[But] I was traded to the Lakers, and I think it was a blessing in disguise. October 2012

That was before the season started in October, now with everything thats gone down, (and what will continue to go down) I'm sure Dwight's not feeling like this is a blessing. But hey maybe I'm wrong, maybe he enjoys playing with the Lakers, maybe he doesn't want to be the centerpiece of the offense, maybe he likes playing with Kobe Bryant, maybe he enjoys the pressure, maybe he's not the emotional self-conscious wreck he basically admitted to Stephen A Smith on Monday.

Don't be so combative Essential, if the Lakers don't resign Dwight Howard they'll be better off in the long run, believe me, I've seen this dude enough for years. Dwight doesn't have the talent or mental to win a championship as long as he's the centerpiece of any team (which is what he wants to be).

I'm so glad Kobe has the no-trade clause. As good as he is...Jimmy Boy is equally as stupid. I could definitely see him trying to flip kobe on the low for a trade exception just to appease Dwight and motivate him to stay. It'd be one of those trades that 'just happens' on a Tuesday afternoon. SMH, no faith in mgmt.

Oh and Dwight would still bounce. Leaving Pau as the centerpiece.

This is just pure madness man.

Anyone else over it? Not like over the season (which I don't blame you if you are)...but like, over discussing how bad we are...why were so bad...why our coach sucks...when Kobe's at fault...when Dwights at fault...

its all just repetitive this season. Anytime we get a nice little streak going, we're brought back down to earth.

And then, the same banter begins again. The same essays, the same blame game.

I'm not gonna cry about it though...i'm just exhausted. I feel bad for other fans like the Bucks and Bobcats fanbase because they feel what we feel every year.
We can't really cry about it too much I mean we've had more success than any other team in the last decade.

But right now?...we suck.

We can't be great every year. Its unfortunate, as a Lakers fan of course we EXPECT our team to be...and we WANT our team to be...but we just cant be great every single year.

My point is... since 2005 I haven't really felt what other fan bases feel during the regular season. We've gone through losing streaks, but never anything this embarrassing. We just gotta keep our head up. We gotta realize at some point that this just may not be our year.

We can blame everything in the whole world...but it wont solve the fact that this team just simply is not built to win at this moment.

Theres nothing we can do... its sad man, but its true. If Pau is out, D'Antoni is our coach, and Dwight has a banged up back and shoulder...we ain't doing **** this year. :smh:

Either Mitch needs to pull a rabbit out of his hat at the deadline...or Kobe has to avg. a tripple double for us to do any kind of damage in the playoffs...IF we even get there!! :x

EDIT: and the worse part? If we don't make the playoffs...theres no consolation!! No draft pick. Over the salary cap with our roster. We cant even do **** about our roster in the off-season. :rolleyes

Last edited:
I do want him on this squad. And I did want him on this squad. I might have been one of the only cats on here rallying hard for him after LA got swept by Dallas in the Semifinals 2011.

EDIT: and the worse part? If we don't make the playoffs...theres no consolation!! No draft pick. Over the salary cap with our roster. We cant even do **** about our roster in the off-season. :rolleyes

:smh: I forgot about that.

To be honest I'm just waiting for this season to be over. Then we still have to deal with another Dwight circus. Whatever decision he makes I hope he doesn't drag it out.

Last edited:
Dwightmare continues for Howard and the Lakers

The Lakers were down 30 points to the Celtics midway through the fourth quarter.

Kobe Bryant didn't touch the floor in the fourth. Neither did Steve Nash or Antawn Jamison. Metta World Peace was subbed out around the nine-minute mark after an official timeout.

But Dwight Howard stayed in. The tables had been turned. He wouldn't watch from the bench this time. Coach Mike D'Antoni was sure of that once Howard "decided" to play.

He was left in, deserted by D'Antoni until he inevitably fouled out when he was down 25 points with 5:27 to play.

Bad back? Nah, not bad enough for his coach. Bum shoulder? Meh.

CSNNE.com asked D'Antoni why Howard was left in the game -- in the condition he's supposedly in (or not in, depending on who you ask) -- with all other main rotational guys out.

"Because I think he needs to get his rhythm," D'Antoni said to the media hoard just outside the Lakers locker room. "He's been out for a week, and surely wasn't tired. So just trying to find him some rhythm."

Ah, rhythm. In a fourth-quarter lineup featuring Steve Blake, Chris Duhon, Jody Meeks, and Earl Clark; a lineup that Howard will rarely -- if at all -- ever be in again.

Howard had missed the last three games -- all wins for the Lakers -- but not at the decision of trainers or D'Antoni. According to D'Antoni, Howard could have played.

"Yeah, he's been cleared for a while," he said. "I mean, he's always clear because he has a tear. It's going to be there but he had pain, so obviously he's not going to play with the pain, and he felt better today. That's why he played."

There's that "pain" shot again. The same one that Kobe Bryant gave Howard prior to Thursday's game. Bryant said to ESPNBoston.com, "We don't have time for [Howard's shoulder] to heal. We need some urgency." Bryant also said that pain is "something that you have to balance out and manage."

D'Antoni echoed that after Thursday's loss, saying, "Well, [Howard] has to [work his way through pain] because we don't have a whole lot of other solutions right now with Pau [Gasol] being out especially."

The process of Howard figuring out his health, though, has admittedly been problematic for D'Antoni.

But while the coach said Howard has been cleared to play for a while now, and "his health his fine", Howard was quick to disagree. He's also not taking much stock in what D'Antoni and teammates are putting out for public consumption.

"I can't get involved with what they've been saying to the media," Howard told CSNNE.com. "I understand they've been saying certain things, but I know my health. I haven't been cleared for weeks to play.

"This is my body, and I have to control my body and my future and my career. So I can't worry about anybody else."

Howard has made that abundantly clear. It's "he" before "we". His team, on the other hand, couldn't care less about the injuries he may or may not have.

And there lies the problem. The disconnect between Howard and the Lakers is quite apparent. It looks and sounds like a player not willing to sacrifice his future for a team he doesn't see in it. And it looks and sounds like a team not willing to sacrifice the present for a future it simply doesn't have.

That has inevitably made things "Dwight Howard vs. Lakers", and as the record shows, it's just not going to work.

"Hopefully they'll start supporting me the way they need to," Howard told CSNNE.com. "Until then, I'm going to continue to do whatever I can to help our team win."

When he "decides" to, anyways.
Link

I am so frustrated with this team.

I am over Dwight. I thought this dude trained with Hakeem? I have seen no improvement from this guy on the offensive end since he entered the league. Smh

Ima just patiently wait till the trade deadline if no major moves or coaching changes i already should expect we AINT MAKING PLAYOFFS!

Ima just patiently wait till the trade deadline if no major moves or coaching changes i already should expect we AINT MAKING PLAYOFFS!

Kobe Bryant
Just finished team prep mtg. #Counton1assisttonight All jk aside I will make the correct play if it leads to assist then great #countonit

Kobe's FB post :lol:

Kobe didn't have any assists, but he was passing a lot that first half. A majority of his shots came near the end of the 2nd quarter and the 2nd half after he realized NO ONE IS GOING TO MAKE A DAMN SHOT.

Brick after Brick after Brick. Team down by 14.

Team still bricking.

Some people want him to keep passing?

If he had people would of said "Kobe gave up on his team...he should of took over, he just let his team fail to make a point."
Thats always the response when he continues to pass even though his team is getting blown out. He gave up.

But he took over, made shot after shot after shot, his team couldnt defend and they just kept getting poured on.

I mean yeah, i'm not saying don't blame Kobe...everyones at fault. But just to say his "shooting" stopped us from winning is INSANE. THat's not the main reason we lost.
Our dudes couldn't throw a rock into the ocean last night.
And our dudes (including Kobe) couldn't stop them from scoring...literally, they couldnt stop them at all.

It was embarrassing man.

We'll see how we rebound tonight and against Miami.

Last edited:
dwight really needs to just stop talking to the media. he comes off, and has been for quite sometime now, as a whiney, needy, and sensitive individual.

i don't know how it is in the locker room, but he's always come off as very defensive.

from the great bigs talking about his demeanor, to mentions of his health from players. he always seems to have a snide remark back for the media to run with.

at the rate he's going, its really tough to envision him back - and if he does come back - envisioning him as our future franchise leader. :rolleyes

That game last night was the reason I continue to be pessimistic with our team. :smh: Injuries are piling up, I think JIm and Mitch HAVE to make a move. For some reason, I have some that we make a trade or some substantial moves but we can hope but it's hopeless.

Back
Top Bottom