Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sooo, you're telling me Kobe isn't dominating the ball right now? How u have back-to-back 14 assist games without dominating the basketball?
Kobe is still dominating the ball. He's just passing instead of shooting
This. Of course Kobe will dominate the ball that's obviously not what I meant entirely. He is the leader of the team, his team goes as he does. If he has no interest in using them do you really think they'll give 100% effort on either end of the court? As the leader he needed to figure out how to elevate their level of play as a team. Bryant simply wasn't doing that.

It began to change when Bryant took the initiative of guarding the point and playing hard nosed defense. That's what leaders do. He then decided to create plays for others. Exactly what was missing the most, ball movement. They had been scoring a ton of points all season but they were getting them in unhealthy ways. The offense was painfully disjointed. Nobody wants to watch Bryant hold the ball for 20 seconds and then force something up. Bryant is now fully on board and for his team's sake, hopefully he stays on.

As I said, D'Anphony isn't innocent. Everyone needed to look at themselves in the mirror to turn it around but Bryant is the leader and he's the only one capable of sparking the change. It was as simple as looking to be a creator instead of a chucker. If a team has to focus on stopping 5 guys instead of one, it makes Bryant that much harder to guard individually. This style of play is what will make them into contenders. Not Bryant shooting 25+ times

Last edited:
[quote name="Essential1"]Ah yes it's Kobe's fault :smh:[/quote]It's just not possible for anyone to mention the absolutely indisputable fact that things like 'ball dominating' and 'volume shooting' and 'chucking' hold offenses hostage and limit teammates, is it? :lol: When he goes into 'Kobe mode', (something you guys... Kobe fans... say all the time), it rubs people the wrong way. As long as thats your boy, you're just going to have to be comfortable with knowing that when he goes into Kobe mode, people are going to talk negatively about it. Accept it. :lol:

[quote name="Vincent Van Ho"]Bryant is the leader and he's the only one capable of sparking the change. It was as simple as looking to be a creator instead of a chucker. If a team has to focus on stopping 5 guys instead of one, it makes Bryant that much harder to guard individually. This style of play is what will make them into contenders. Not Bryant shooting 25+ times[/quote]HOW does this VERY SIMPLE CONCEPT need to be explained at all to some of you? It's so basic. I know it doesn't gel w/ the overall character of your boy, but take a step back, and think 'Basketball 101'.

And if you want numbers, something some of you cling very tightly to:
13-3 in games where he shoots 19 or fewer times
6-22 in games where he shoots 20 or more times

C'mon, let's hear it...

"Well who's he supposed to pass it to?"

"Everyone is afraid to shoot. He's not, and that's why he has 5 rings."

"Stat is misleading. How many of those 13 wins were w/ a healthy Dwight & Pau & Nash? Ever think maybe that's why we won? Not just because he shot under 20 times"

Last edited:
Hypothetically, if Kobe plays his last say 4 years like this averaging 20 and 10 where does he rank all time? I mean killer scorer adjust to playing as a great pg would no one has done such a change in their game and still be dominant.

20 and 10. I was not seeing things.

Oh, forgot to say earlier... [quote name="CP"]Why, for the love of God, even ask about 20 and 10 for 4 years, at age 34-37, when LEBRON is only doing 20 and 8 thru his 20
... ... no one ever said 20 & 10. You did. In our discussion, in the hypothetical question that was asked to me and my hypothetical answer, we simply said 'play this way'.

Now if you want to ask "Well why even ask about him playing 'this way' for 4 years," I would simply like to remind you about the numerous trade scenarios that have graced our pages and say "Because hypotheticals is what sports fans do."[/quote]

I didn't come up with 20 and 10 on my own.

couple questions for lakers fans...

so obviously the offense has gotten a lot better w/ kobe moving the ball and them straying away from d'antoni's offense, but one thing i keep thinking is was the offense ever that much of a problem for them? I thought the lakers' issues this year had to do w/ defense more than anything, and their D in that OKC game was looking a lot better than i saw earlier in the season, but no one seems to be mentioning that.

and with no real change in their Defensive strategy as opposed to their offense (just playing harder D it seems, dwight especially), are they gonna be able to sustain the defensive intensity?

so obviously the offense has gotten a lot better w/ kobe moving the ball and them straying away from d'antoni's offense, but one thing i keep thinking is was the offense ever that much of a problem for them? I thought the lakers' issues this year had to do w/ defense more than anything, and their D in that OKC game was looking a lot better than i saw earlier in the season, but no one seems to be mentioning that.

and with no real change in their Defensive strategy as opposed to their offense (just playing harder D it seems, dwight especially), are they gonna be able to sustain the defensive intensity?

Slower, controlled pace is the key for both sides of the ball.

So I'm watching NBA Coast to Coast and they're talking about a trade with the C's.

Garnett for Pau....

:lol: I don't know about that one.

Well this offense is entirely different than MDA's. It is much slower, but involves players reading the defense more.

The reason the defense was so bad is because the offense was too fast pace and created a dozen or so more possessions for the other team. Even if they played OK defense, it would result in 100+. Also by going at a much faster pace, it begins to limit transition points for the other team which was one of the bigger concerns.

As for can they keep up the solid Defense? Yes. If they slow down the pace on offense.

DO NOT TRADE PAU. I'm liking this team now. Reminds me of a less intense 08 team.
That was the best year for me honestly. 8)

[quote name="CP"][quote name="DarthSka"]Oh, forgot to say earlier... [quote name="CP"]Why, for the love of God, even ask about 20 and 10 for 4 years, at age 34-37, when LEBRON is only doing 20 and 8 thru his 20[/quote]... ... no one ever said 20 & 10. You did. In our discussion, in the hypothetical question that was asked to me and my hypothetical answer, we simply said 'play this way'.

Now if you want to ask "Well why even ask about him playing 'this way' for 4 years," I would simply like to remind you about the numerous trade scenarios that have graced our pages and say "Because hypotheticals is what sports fans do."[/quote]I didn't come up with 20 and 10 on my own.[/quote]Well damn. See what had happened was... :lol:

Nah, my bad. I stand corrected.

Depending on how Pau finishes the season is if we keep him for next year. If he continues to play well he will stay. He's not going to get traded this season.

And likely Steve Blake will get Amnestied if we cannot salary dumped him somewhere in order to keep Earl Clark.

edit: Forget it. Pau basically said if he isn't put in the starting lineup next year, he doesn't want to play here.

By the way if Pau was not such a nice guy, he would be blasted everywhere for how selfish he is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom