*| | Denim _ School | |*

Hey guys i was wondering what style of Nudies and APC dont feel like nut hugger tight, but not really baggy? Almost like levi 501? thanks

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Hey guys i was wondering what style of Nudies and APC dont feel like nut hugger tight, but not really baggy? Almost like levi 501? thanks
APC rescues are skinnier than 501s, but eventually they will become baggier

dunno about nudies

Nudies= Average Joes

Some overdue pics of my APC New Standards. I've had them over a year but there's really about seven months of good wear in them. One soak, one wash.

3481733472_dc8b653011.jpg

Some detail shots including my patched crotch blowout
laugh.gif

3480951231_1ecf42bfc1.jpg

3480963051_3742fd383e.jpg

3480974747_3ef9228cbc.jpg

3480985877_9b6965f03e.jpg

3481807076_bef0644a2e.jpg

it's been awhile since i've looked at denim so i'm not too up on things now. did APC ever come out with something similar to the english fit theyhad a bunch of years back? i know they discontinued them shortly after i bought mine... i think my pair of english's have run their course and i'd liketo get a new pair if APC ever released something that fits similar. any insight?

Thoughts on Antik?? I've been eye'ing a pair for $195. I guess I'll go ahead and pull the trigger.

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

APC rescues are skinnier than 501s, but eventually they will become baggier

dunno about nudies

APC New Standards are a modelled off the 501. I'm nearly aout 90% sure about that.

EDIT: APC RESCUES are NOT skinnier than 501s, dude is blind that said that. Rescues are BAGGIEST

Sold my skulls 5010's and copped some stfs.They were too tight.All I could afford were the stfs which I copped for 50$ - 40%.Anyone else cop something fromthe levis sale?

How do GAP Standard Fit jeans fit? Are the comparable to 501? Thanks in advance.

Before I get any smart answers, since I live overseas, I really can't just walk into a GAP and try one on.

Standard fit is supposed to be Gap's newer straight fit I think, however I found them baggier than their older straight fit. My legs are far from skinny,more muscular. I liked their jeans better when they had the slim straight fit.

Was looking through my closet at my family's house a few weeks back and found some Gap Williamsburg raw denim, that were a pretty tight last time I worethem (at least a year ago) and now they fit loose all over. I'm going to start wearing them again and actually break them in.

I also bought some Naked and Famous Slim Guy black selvedge about two months ago. Only wore them sparingly due to work, but that will change soon.

I haven't worn a pair of 501s in a few years but from what I remember of my STFs the Standard is the closest fit Gap has to 501s. The rise isn't quiteas high and there may be marginally less room in the legs in the Standards but its overall similar.

If you own any older Gap Straight Fits, the Standard is the same fit, they just changed the name about a year or so back in a marketing move (they'll bedoing that again in the next few months).

Semi-denim noob here so, please, bear with me. I'm interested in purchasing some Nudies but not sure which style/model. I pretty much only wear Levis 514as they offer a Slim Straight fit. I checked out the Nudie site and it seems like the "Slim Jim" model would fit me best. Though I also like the"Even Steven" and "Grim Tim" styles. Basically, I want denim that'll fit me well like my 514 Levis and that will provide me with coolfading, honeycombs, and all that other jazz over time. What do you guys suggest?

Originally Posted by LittlePeteWrigley

Semi-denim noob here so, please, bear with me. I'm interested in purchasing some Nudies but not sure which style/model. I pretty much only wear Levis 514 as they offer a Slim Straight fit. I checked out the Nudie site and it seems like the "Slim Jim" model would fit me best. Though I also like the "Even Steven" and "Grim Tim" styles. Basically, I want denim that'll fit me well like my 514 Levis and that will provide me with cool fading, honeycombs, and all that other jazz over time. What do you guys suggest?

Are you only interested in Nudies or do you want other brands as well?

In terms of APC, the New Standards are the fit that would closely resemble the 514.

What are some of the jean brands that are "IN" right now? Im really feelin levis 501's but I cant wear the same type of jeans two and three timesa week. Any jeans that are similar to 501's and that are under $100? What are some good jeans for the 50-80 price range?

Back
Top Bottom