Did You Guys Like The Hurt Locker?

Man, being around the military all my life (mom did 24, bro serving) workin with youth whose parents in the military, this movie was great.

No this movie doesnt detail what every soldier experienced, nor does it depict what an average soldier may experience. but the writing/directing or whatever,and its depiction of the psychological aspect of what the soldiers go through was crazy and i bet very on point. YEs Jarhead showed the Women back home gettingdugg out by the neighbor, but what these dudes mentally go through is beyond normal.

(real quick) i got my degree in behavioral science, and wrote a few papers on the psychological effects of being a soldier and again, its crazy what they mustgo through. Time did a great piece on the therapy (or really the lack there of) the soldiers get. without goin into detail (and the #'s may be off some)there are/were well over 100,000 soldiers in IRAQ and 50,000+ in Afghanistan. The military only had a total of 200 counselors to serve them. In all, themilitary was basically throwing pills at the soldiers to help them cope while on duty. some of which have been shown to increase the risk of suicide (also, themilitary "culture" frowns upon seeking helping and is seen as week) So there's little to no help.

I dont wanna continue writing but i hope OUR NATION does these soldiers better than they did the Vietnam vets.

is it unwatchable? i've heard that it's tense to the point of claustrphobia. i'm trying to watch a movie, not have a stroke. can anyone relate?

I LOVE the movie, watched it about a week ago. The plot is essentially about 3 men realizing what they value in life. The sense of paranoia the movie gives youworkd to its advantage IMO, imean its war, who can chill out durin war? lol I think the movie really teaches you about how things are over there

Originally Posted by ProducedByTheJuice

is it unwatchable? i've heard that it's tense to the point of claustrphobia. i'm trying to watch a movie, not have a stroke. can anyone relate?

LOL it aint that tense, but it has parts where it seems like you're waiting for the "suspensful" part for so long you get a lil uneasy. lol

Originally Posted by jthagreat

LOL it aint that tense, but it has parts where it seems like you're waiting for the "suspensful" part for so long you get a lil uneasy. lol
Try actually having been in Iraq. I ain't gonna lie this movie had my heart pumping quite a few times
laugh.gif

I also still think it's awesome that they went into such detail that they were drinking Hayat bottled water.

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Try actually having been in Iraq. I ain't gonna lie this movie had my heart pumping quite a few times
laugh.gif

I also still think it's awesome that they went into such detail that they were drinking Hayat bottled water.
na man
laugh.gif

this movie had me amped up thinkin/worryin i was gonna have nightmares. i just wasnt as scared to the point where i thought the walls was closing in on me.

Originally Posted by misterHalfCabs

Originally Posted by Da XpLiCiT OnE

NT overhyped the heck outta it but it was still dope.
this.
It's not NT overhyping something, this movie was the most highly praised and best reviewed film of the year for a reason.

Back
Top Bottom