Digital TV Transition Today...Feb 17, 2009...Where Are the Changes?

Soooooo...what am i suppossed to be seeing differently?
Looks the same to me
eef252bed49aba16235ebf422ee2e9c2187d043.gif

didnt they push this thing back a few months? regardless i dont think youll be seeing anything diffrent unless you used to have an antenna

Originally Posted by Crumbs

didnt they push this thing back a few months? regardless i dont think youll be seeing anything diffrent unless you used to have an antenna

The digital transition is underway. Prepare now! On Feb. 17, some full-power broadcast television stations in the United States may stop broadcasting on analog airwaves and begin broadcasting only in digital. The remaining stations may stop broadcasting analog sometime between March 14 and June 12. June 12 is the final deadline for terminating analog broadcasts under legislation passed by Congress.

http://www.dtv.gov/whatisdtv.htmlhttp://www.dtv.gov/whatisdtv.html

I just got an antenna last week, free HD FTW!!! ABC doesnt have a free HD channel here for free tho -_-

Im pissed i didnt get it for the superbowl either
mad.gif

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]If you have cable then you already got digital....the whole reason they are doing this is to get ridof antenna tv's...some %%%#!%#@ bout the signals mess up other $%@@ i forgot[/color]

You're only going to notice this if your receiving an analog signal on your TV.......in lay-mans terms you still have rabbit ears on top of your TV or agiant antenna on your roof.

When the change happens, you will know. All of your channels will be noise and you'll see no images. At which point, someone can take a picture of youwatching a TV with no digital converter and tag your life as fail.

Or, you could simply pay for cable/satellite or a buy a converter box.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

You're only going to notice this if your receiving an analog signal on your TV.......in lay-mans terms you still have rabbit ears on top of your TV or a giant antenna on your roof.

When the change happens, you will know. All of your channels will be noise and you'll see no images. At which point, someone can take a picture of you watching a TV with no digital converter and tag your life as fail.

Thanks Captain Obliviously we KNOW!

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

You're only going to notice this if your receiving an analog signal on your TV.......in lay-mans terms you still have rabbit ears on top of your TV or a giant antenna on your roof.

When the change happens, you will know. All of your channels will be noise and you'll see no images. At which point, someone can take a picture of you watching a TV with no digital converter and tag your life as fail.

Thanks Captain Obliviously we KNOW!

He asked what changes would happened and what he would see differently. So, I told what would happen if the change had occurred. Topic, addressed. Good day.

If my Dell wasn't acting up today, I would have been a bit more technical. However, nobody wants to see equationson niketalk

Im mad it got pushed back. How much time is enough time for lazy people to get up and cop a converter box at duane reade? I had my box conected and waswatching everythin in digital but since the date got pushed back alot of chanels switched back to analog.

(sp)

yea, some stations switching over regardless, its gonna cost them money if they dont do it
cant believe the govt pushed it back, spending more money on commercials and informing the public

I'm going to assume OP has a antenna and a converter box in that case it should be the same stuff it's the billions of American's without converterboxes that are seeing the difference

Originally Posted by therenegade23

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

What if the cable I have isn't digital?
Your cable company is taking care of everything.

i was/am worried cuz i have free cable and cant just call the cable company and ask whats up
devil.gif

Back
Top Bottom