DISNEYLAND/DISNEYWORLD APPRECIATION!!! PUT IN UR ORDER FOR AN NT DISNEY SPIRIT JERSEY NOW!!!

THANK BAST HE'S GONE!!

I am a florida resident and I took the family to Animal Kingdom last week for my youngest son's 5th bday. Disney was not the same. Huge wait times, my Genie+ debacle and cash grabbing lightning lanes make it harder for people to enjoy the parks. Park hopping does not exist, even though Disney wants to sell it to you. They got rid of Annual Passes. They need to make it affordable because locals keep the parks going on non holiday seasons. Hopefully it gets better with Iger again.

THANK BAST HE'S GONE!!

I am a florida resident and I took the family to Animal Kingdom last week for my youngest son's 5th bday. Disney was not the same. Huge wait times, my Genie+ debacle and cash grabbing lightning lanes make it harder for people to enjoy the parks. Park hopping does not exist, even though Disney wants to sell it to you. They got rid of Annual Passes. They need to make it affordable because locals keep the parks going on non holiday seasons. Hopefully it gets better with Iger again.
Serious question. How do you think they can help with the huge wait times?

My wife has a pass and it’s time to get my daughter a pass too but it’s so fn expensive. I don’t get how families can afford 3-4 premier passes. But if people keep paying it, I don’t see them lowering it or making it more “affordable”

I’m a single person with an annual pass. I ask myself all the time how do families afford it, especially those who are staying on Disney property as well.

theyve definitely priced out some of the lower income families who can no longer afford to save up and go to Disney parks every year

but that might also be part of the plan, they somewhat want to make the park more exclusive or at least thats kind of what chapek wanted

chapek wanted it to be more luxurious while he cuts back or at least just not full cast capacity

i arrived at around 1pm yesterday and line to the parking was extremely long and thats because some of the booths are open and the booths that are there is one guy working so he gets payment on the left of the booth then goes over to the right resulting in very long wait times but then you get to the security and its a walk on

so i think thats part of them being cheap and part worker shortage

ordered food and theyre spread thin with the food festival that regular restaurants had one person distributing the foods in the app orders as the kong grew longer and longer

so chapek was just being evil by charging more for a luxury resort without the luxury resort services so hopefully thats whats going to change

they cant cut back on guests entering the park, they just cant so theyd have to make it up for service, faster lines and less waiting better guest satisfaction even if its not on the rides/attractions

Really curious if the Disney Board and Iger already have some timeline of what they want to focus on from the start and end of his two-year stint.

i honestly like genie+ 🤷‍♂️

i prefer it to the fastpass system and i like it that its not included in the Magic Key like MaxPass was

with the keyholders not in there every visit clogging up those lanes, its much easier to stomach paying for it because lines goes smoothly

and the lightning lane for Rise and Racers are a lot but im good with it once in a while to skip the long line and ive managed to catch it with 45min waits if i dont want to cough up extra $$$ and racers, single riders the way to go

Don’t mind Genie+

Reservation system ain’t terrible IMO

What they need to focus on is the amount of cast members and the maintenance crews to fix these rides right.. to stop breakdowns from happening.

Ticket prices should be re evaluated as well, cause all I see is raise raise raise raise.

i mean once prices go up, it isnt coming down

cost of livings are constantly going up, wages are constantly going up... not much we can do about that, its part of business

i mean once prices go up, it isnt coming down

cost of livings are constantly going up, wages are constantly going up... not much we can do about that, its part of business
Your trying to justify price increases as often as they’re doing it right now. Haven’t they increased like 2-3 times in the past like 4 years?

I understand price increases must happen at some point, but it seems that price increases right now were being done to bend the park goers wallet a little further to see if it’ll break. And it won’t. Chapek and gang seemed to want to keep pushing that idea to see how far it could go before backlash.

It doesn’t seem like recent price increases were a necessity, but rather a tactic to add some extra bucks in some pockets.

Your trying to justify price increases as often as they’re doing it right now. Haven’t they increased like 2-3 times in the past like 4 years?

I understand price increases must happen at some point, but it seems that price increases right now were being done to bend the park goers wallet a little further to see if it’ll break. And it won’t. Chapek and gang seemed to want to keep pushing that idea to see how far it could go before backlash.

It doesn’t seem like recent price increases were a necessity, but rather a tactic to add some extra bucks in some pockets.

price increase is an annual thing, thats nothing new, even when renewing my AP, i already expected to pay $50-$70 more on renewal

and they didnt increase prices for a year or two there when the parks were closed

im looking at it at the business pov, they were paying unemployment and benefits to a lot of employees while the park wasnt operating (2 years?), thats a lot of cash going out with none coming in and as i posted before, they were doing refurbishments while they were closed too (more cost)

also, depending on how you look at it, increasing the price is a way to keep the parks at a lower capacity but it just seems like disney has hardcore fans who just arent deterred by higher prices, they’ll be in the parks when they want to (look at when they opened the ap sals again, long waits and it sold out quick, so demand is just very high)

i mean what could they really do to lower the crowds? they were being sued because the reservation system hindered keyholders and now its mostly available

they cant cut reservations ons for regular guests because then its unfair to those who go once a year and those fans will be the one alienated

its really a no win situation for either side

i admit, i have the benefit of going whenever i want and the lawsuit benefitted me because now i can reserve even on the same day and get in and i dont have a family of 4 to think about but i do know how others feel and it sucks

in a perfect world, tickets would be cheaper, there would be no reservation and parks arent crowded but thats a utopia right now

since we are still recovering from the pandemic, i think most are trying to do what they didnt get to do for a while there so that could easily be the result of huge crowds, before the pandemic, crowd levels were low even in the summer (i even remember a discussion here when GE opened and we thought it would be super crowded but wait times were so low) so i think eventually once things settle, it’ll go back to that

but for now, people are going crazy going out there

Last edited:
I was able to cop the wolverine shirt on sale for $25 back in October.

Wish I got the Thor one also.

Guess I’m gonna pay resale price

yah i had to grabbed the thor tee too, cap is the only one i passed on but if it goes on sale, maybe ill pick it up if it hits $5 :lol:

they need to do the whole xmen (jim lee - cyclops, beast, storm, jubilee, prof x, etc..) and im copping them all, this is a cash cow for disney

3206974B-4ED9-413F-9D50-3412C713A963.jpeg

if Genie+ is included, thats gon make the lightning lanes insanely crowded and result in further dissatisfaction

at the moment, they claim 50% of guests buy the genie+, if you add the keyholders there then its gon be 65%, 70%, 80% who has access to those lanes and its gon be super long lines

Lo

Looks and sounds like a great time. Can I ask where you left out of, how many days/nights, and a ballpark of how much it cost?
left out of San Diego. 4 days, 4 nights, 1 stop in Cabo. we initially had 1 Verandah room, but i opted for 2 joining ocean view rooms and saved us $1k. grand total was about $4.5-5k with everything: gratuity, shopping, tours, drinks etc.

Attachments

• F6890A27-CC76-47BA-B836-CA494269E945.jpeg
    F6890A27-CC76-47BA-B836-CA494269E945.jpeg
    253.5 KB · Views: 293
Back
Top Bottom