DMX How's It Goin Down APPRECIATION

Originally Posted by toast1985

Yeah this is one of those cuts, along with Shyne's - Bonnie & Shyne, thats damn-near timeless in my eyes. I still play it about 1-2 a month.

this

this joint
pimp.gif

who %%@% u suckin
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

^lol i remember playin this in the car with my mom when I first got the cd, got to this track turned it up....ishhh was so unexpected....turnt that isshh right back down with the quickness
and the rest of the album's content was cool with moms??

::

Originally Posted by Pmighty

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

pimp.gif
joint came out when i wa sin the 6th grade..ive been smashing nothing but hoodrats ever since
pimp.gif
roll.gif

song was ok
i jus didnt like the phone intro
classic album tho
pimp.gif

7d215d4877835bab1d12e766be6a4d761db9fbb.gif

Intro was Classic in every sense of the word bro...
smh.gif
classic?
grin.gif
yeah classic...i used to go to the skate key back in the day religiously so i could pick up girls from Yonkers and hopefully have the same convo with them

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Got the Faith Evans version on my itunes
pimp.gif
Same. I'm just talking about when I was a kid when the Album dropped, I had to get it from Napster.

inspektahdeck wrote:

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

inspektahdeck wrote:
pimp.gif
joint came out when i wa sin the 6th grade..ive been smashing nothing but hoodrats ever since
pimp.gif
roll.gif

song was ok
i jus didnt like the phone intro
classic album tho
pimp.gif

7d215d4877835bab1d12e766be6a4d761db9fbb.gif

Intro was Classic in every sense of the word bro...
smh.gif
classic?
grin.gif

yeah classic...i used to go to the skate key back in the day religiously so i could pick up girls from Yonkers and hopefully have the same convo with them

im jus not big on intros and skits if its not an intro for the album. this is an ok song w/o all the extra shh. the conversation is a fine song w/o the prayer. like #@+ was the point of mickey? idk i jus think that type of thing is unnecessary.

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bluedeniro

^cosign this is like the "im in love with another N hood rat girl anthem"
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

peep the sig
glasses.gif

Harlem On The Rise,

Is your dirty video version the one where they addedin the swears from the album version or an official dirty remix? PM me please

This track gets skipped when I listen to the album today..I heard it so much back in the day it just played out to me

Let's not forget to mention how good the video itself was too. Just captures the essence of the hood so well.

One of the many songs that Faith made ten times better. This and "Everyday" by G-Dep are 2 perfect examples to me.

& oh yeah, the skit/song/video are all classic. Not even in the recent view of making everything classic. If I hit my boys with a "I heard some foul %@%% about you B" they know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Yeah this is one of those cuts, along with Shyne's - Bonnie & Shyne, thats damn-near timeless in my eyes. I still play it about 1-2 a month.

I hate to bump, but I said this ish back in 2010...And for some reason this joint has been 1-2x day lately...I must be going through something. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom