Do me a favor with illustrator?

kdawg

Staff member
I'm looking for a favor from someone with Adobe Illustrator.

I have a eps file that I need in photoshop - but I would like to have the vector information. If I just open it I have to select the dpi and then it's obviously not vector.

If you open it in Illustrator you can then export it as a psd which I think would keep the info.

Would be much appreciated.

I'm looking for a favor from someone with Adobe Illustrator.

I have a eps file that I need in photoshop - but I would like to have the vector information. If I just open it I have to select the dpi and then it's obviously not vector.

If you open it in Illustrator you can then export it as a psd which I think would keep the info.

Would be much appreciated.

I don't think that's possible. Correct me if I'm wrong, but PS works directly with rastered images only.

Your best bet is to just convert to a gigantic size and save that as a jpeg. Besides, you can always open the .eps file with photoshop and specify the size to anything you want.

I don't think that's possible. Correct me if I'm wrong, but PS works directly with rastered images only.

Your best bet is to just convert to a gigantic size and save that as a jpeg. Besides, you can always open the .eps file with photoshop and specify the size to anything you want.

Yeah, but then I want to save it as a eps file (so I can put it into Acrobat) - if there is a huge jpeg in the middle it makes the file big. It's for email transmission so I'm hoping to keep it small - it's the difference between 100k and a few Mb.

I'll maybe just draw it in PS - it's not too complicated an image.

I was hoping that doing what I said would make it a shape in PS but maybe it doesn't.

Yeah, but then I want to save it as a eps file (so I can put it into Acrobat) - if there is a huge jpeg in the middle it makes the file big. It's for email transmission so I'm hoping to keep it small - it's the difference between 100k and a few Mb.

I was hoping that doing what I said would make it a shape in PS but maybe it doesn't.

Originally Posted by kdawg

If you're trying to put in into acrobat and have it retain it's vector properties, try converting it to .pdf directly from illustrator.

Originally Posted by kdawg

If you're trying to put in into acrobat and have it retain it's vector properties, try converting it to .pdf directly from illustrator.

But that's my point - I don't have illustrator. The rest of the document is in PS too. I just need the logo as a shape rather than a jpeg.

But that's my point - I don't have illustrator. The rest of the document is in PS too. I just need the logo as a shape rather than a jpeg.

Well, I managed it. I downloaded a trial of Illustrator from Adobe.

K2theAblaM was sort of right though - when you export it to a psd it asks for the resolution you want.

But I fiddled around for a few minutes and then worked out that you can just select all the components and then copy them. If you paste them into PS it asks what you want to do with it and one option is to paste it as a shape. Makes it like any other rectangle or other shape - so it should be vectors when I export it.

Well, I managed it. I downloaded a trial of Illustrator from Adobe.

K2theAblaM was sort of right though - when you export it to a psd it asks for the resolution you want.

But I fiddled around for a few minutes and then worked out that you can just select all the components and then copy them. If you paste them into PS it asks what you want to do with it and one option is to paste it as a shape. Makes it like any other rectangle or other shape - so it should be vectors when I export it.

Back
Top Bottom