Do people still think Derek Fisher is good?

He is the obvious weak link on the Lakers. I mean this guy has been pretty terrible for about 2+ years for now, he is a geriatric on the court.  Derek Fisher was a mediocre player in his youth, its like the Lakers as an organzation are tied to him and afraid to say its time to move on.  Having some youth at PG would be a godsend for the Lakers.  And I'm sure he'll end up hitting 2+ clutch shots in the playoffs to save the Lakers but he still sucks aside from his astounding ability to hit clutch shots.

He is the obvious weak link on the Lakers. I mean this guy has been pretty terrible for about 2+ years for now, he is a geriatric on the court.  Derek Fisher was a mediocre player in his youth, its like the Lakers as an organzation are tied to him and afraid to say its time to move on.  Having some youth at PG would be a godsend for the Lakers.  And I'm sure he'll end up hitting 2+ clutch shots in the playoffs to save the Lakers but he still sucks aside from his astounding ability to hit clutch shots.

It's time to pull the plug on him. Thanks for the memories Fish. I'm sure Lakers front office has a cubicle for him.

It's time to pull the plug on him. Thanks for the memories Fish. I'm sure Lakers front office has a cubicle for him.

he wouldn't start on any other team
he can't make layups
he gets our bigs in foul trouble because opposing PGs go around him with ease

I think it's obsurd that he is our starting PG

he wouldn't start on any other team
he can't make layups
he gets our bigs in foul trouble because opposing PGs go around him with ease

I think it's obsurd that he is our starting PG

The problem is Blake sucks too. Fisher was supposed to be coming off the bench by this point.

C'mon Wizards, let us take Hinrich off your hands.

The problem is Blake sucks too. Fisher was supposed to be coming off the bench by this point.

C'mon Wizards, let us take Hinrich off your hands.

Who cares how much they suck now, they'll be there in the playoffs. That's all that matters!

/sarcasm

Who cares how much they suck now, they'll be there in the playoffs. That's all that matters!

/sarcasm

grin.gif
I thought is was common knowledge D Fish wouldn't start for no other team but the Lakers

he does hit key shots in the playoffs though I'll give him that

grin.gif
I thought is was common knowledge D Fish wouldn't start for no other team but the Lakers

he does hit key shots in the playoffs though I'll give him that

i been said he was bunz. him having a good game is so rare, he cries when it happens...see gm3..

i'd trade him in a second for chauncey, or ronnie price, devin harris, jameer nelson, hell, pretty much any other pg in the league....or D-league...or rec league for that matter lol

i been said he was bunz. him having a good game is so rare, he cries when it happens...see gm3..

i'd trade him in a second for chauncey, or ronnie price, devin harris, jameer nelson, hell, pretty much any other pg in the league....or D-league...or rec league for that matter lol

I have no illusions that Derek Fisher is some great basketball player.  But if you only knew how many times that guy has saved our team, you would never ever question the man. 

Lots of PG's out there better then him, but how many of them are better then him when the game/series/title is on the line? 

I understand that one would argue a better PG would lead to less need for late game heroics, but look around, almost all games that matter come down to the wire.  And guys need to step up in those moments.  Derek has made his career doing just that.  For that, he is a made man in my book. 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom