Do The Blurred Gender Lines Of Today Not Bother You?

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

• Men being content with wearing women's clothing/accessories
I'm not clear on what you mean by this. Do you mean men are wearing skirts and carrying purses nowadays or some other article of clothing that YOU deem as feminine? Trends in fashion come and go. There was a time in the 70's for instance where certain fashions were looked at as blurring the lines of gender, but that passed and even though there are such trends in fashion there are also others that remain very "traditional." There are no absolutes especially with things that change and/or evolve such as clothing. If that was the case you'd be wearing nothing, but a suit, tie and fedora like people did more than half a century ago or thigh high stockings, powdered wigs and sequined velvets outfits like they did 500 years ago, but I doubt you'd be caught dead in either of those.

• Women becoming more and more dominant in relationships as time goes on
Dominant as in having more of a say in matters that affect both people in the relationship instead of keeping quiet and doing as told? With advanced responsibilities in society and many women taking on more roles not only in their own homes and relationships, but in their respective professions they have not only gained more liberties to have more of a say in things, but they've also earned it.

• Men/Women not embracing traditional gender related skills of men/women (handymanship, cooking, cleaning)
If people were to obey traditional roles (not only gender related roles such as the trivial ones you mentioned), there would still be a lot of people in bondage. I think it's time for you to accept that these notions of yours are not only outdated, but extremely sexist and that you shouldn't hold these as a badge of honor, but rather a burden of your left back chauvinist mentality that most people in this society have managed to get past.

• Homosexuality is more accepted than ever (not calling any homosexual person a bad person)
You may not be calling any homosexual person a "bad person," but you are nonetheless making a negative judgment about a person's identity by insinuating that homosexuality bothers you because it is one of the things responsible for the breakdown in YOUR views on gender without so much as taking into account the majority of gay people who don't fit into the stereotypical roles that you seem to hold about them.

It just seems that that gender racial identification is no longer a priority to us. I thought when a person is first identified, that their sex race was the most important thing. When someone's sex race is identified, at one point, we could sorta assume the skill set that they possesed.
You're no different than the common bigot everyone rallies against when similar comments are flung at people of color.
QFT

I am sure many have seen me say that the world will be unisexual by the year 3000 but I think some of you aren't understanding where I am coming from.

Men being content with wearing women's clothing/accessories
Women becoming more and more dominant in relationships as time goes on
Men/Women not embracing traditional gender related skills of men/women (handymanship, cooking, cleaning)
Homosexuality is more accepted than ever (not calling any homosexual person a bad person)

It just seems that that gender identification is no longer a priority to us. I thought when a person is first identified, that their sex was the most importantthing. When someone's sex is identified, at one point, we could sorta assume the skill set that they possesed.

I just fear that folks are getting too comfortable with the way the world is headed.

Something needs to be done, but what can really be done?

If you don't care, you don't have to read or reply.

My kids will grow up in this society. Anything that goes on will directly affect them. I don't want my son to be punished for exuding machismo instead ofchoosing to wear skin tight jeans and carry Louis Vatton (however you spell it) bags.

I don't want my daughter to run around screaming, "I don't need no man. I don't need to know how to cook." because boneheaded young girlshave been brainwashed by their mothers to believe such foolishness.

I am straight. Nothing will break me. I just hope my kids can be as mentally tough as I am to not fall for it

laugh.gif
funny you brought this up...my girl just mentioned something to me about it today while we were in the mall....

She was saying how the "boyfriend" look is in for women (baggier clothes etc), while a lot of men are wearing skinny/slim fits and what not....

but to answer your question, it doesn't really bother me...because as cliche as it sounds, "I do me."

Men being content with wearing women's clothing/accessories
Not Cool. I'm bothered. Nothing I can do about it. Besides I try not to get wrapped up in what the latest fad is and what other dudes do. Aslong as it doesn't affect/effect me in a direct negative way w/e.
Women becoming more and more dominant in relationships as time goes on

Things change. I wouldn't say they should be submissive.
Men/Women not embracing traditional gender related skills of men/women (handymanship, cooking, cleaning)
I laugh at them. Somethings men and women should know how to do. That doesn't mean we can't learn the skills opposite of our gender.
Homosexuality is more accepted than ever (not calling any homosexual person a bad person)
Honestly never gave a @%+$. I think it's just the thought of males having sex with each other which is gross or seeing males or butch femalesembrace each other in a passionate romantic way in public. I don't care for that. As for the emotional part I'm fine with it.

As for the other stuff like I said things change. One would argue you that you can't necessarily believe where we're heading is a bad place unlessyou've experienced and are able to weigh the pros and cons of that type of world. Something always needs to be done tho. There's a lot wrong with theworld and ppl should try to figure out exactly where the source of these problems stem from in order to try and solve it instead of pointing the finger atthings they're uncomfortable with or don't understand. Human civilization throughout all recorded history has never been perfect. So there's noreason to act like the way things use to be were better and/or right. It's about finding the balance between the simple and the complicated.

Anyway DC nice way to start the new year. I like how you merged a female gender role thread, gay thread, etc. all in to one. I'll sit back and laugh at thearguments from here on out
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

They don't bother me. It just means that whatever you consider to be a real man/woman will be more easily identifiable to observant folk. Raise your kidsright. Turn off the TV. You be the driving role model in your childs life and everything will be alright.

Dude shut-up. There is something seriously wrong with you. I'd tell you, but I'm streaming Avatar at the moment--

unisex by the year 3000? lmao comeon fam. there are natural factors that come in to how men n women act, not just clothing and the fact that women arentpassive anymore.

until women stop giving birth and on average are physically stronger than men, things will always be different.

I don't think it's as big as an issue as you're are making it out to be.

Whether you like it or not...people are going to change so you have to deal with it...that or move out into the woods.

::goes back into kitchen::

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
jk

I think your semi reaching here

when you first meat someone of course you care for the gender. I just think the attraction game is changing. Might be different priorities people have now anddays that make it seem that way to you.

There is only one thing I do agree with you and that is the way some men act... straight up gay sometimes.

But to say that it's blurred then that means people will just be humping each other without considering attributes. But men are getting lazy imo, includingmy self. I would rather have a women work for me and I stay at home and hit the bong...... but that still isn't reality but a boy can dream. I wanna be aKen doll

some major flaws in the way you look at things. a lot of the "tradition" you talk about is the same mentality that caused major problems in the past

Advancement and progress can be good and is often needed for a society to move forward. To hold on to tradition of the past simply because you're afraid ofwhat the future might hold can be dangerous thinking if applied to other facets of life.

Progress and change occurs, at times slowly and others rapidly without much warning. There isn't much people can do as a whole to "stop it, you acceptit and adapt, or you don't and you're left behind.

For me, I don't particularly care or mind about blurring gender roles. I wouldn't demand my spouse to stay home and cook and clean, in an attempt tomake her my slave. Likewise I wouldn't want her to be completely dependent on me with no aspirations or plans of her own, and simply expect me to take careof everything. I'd like equality in all of my relationships, and not necessarily full equality where we share responsibility 50/50, but ideally I'dstrike a healthy balance of roles and responsibilities. In regards to my potential children being influenced by this trend you state, well as with most thingsin life, it's my parental responsibility to educate and inform my children in the way I see best.

Originally Posted by AJChick23

I don't think it's as big as an issue as you're are making it out to be.

Whether you like it or not...people are going to change so you have to deal with it...that or move out into the woods.

:goes back into kitchen::

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
jk
Glad that you know your role
pimp.gif

I was talking about this a week ago. My boy was looking to buy some jeans and was complaining about how he couldn't find a baggy/loose fitting pair.He's 41 years old. (Metros save me the speech about how hes too old to be wearing baggy clothes and what not, he just wants a pair of jeans that don'tnuthug.) So anyways I was telling him how there are theories that suggest an all female planet in the future and how this was one of the precursors of that.Its like the fashion industry is trying to emasculate young men/boys. Yesterday I was in Pathmark and this hipster/New Boyz lookin cat wasn't payingattention and had his hand in my moms face. I pulled him aside and kinda barked at him and saw the fear of god in this dudes face. I actually felt bad, like hedidnt know what he was supposed to do or say he just put his head down a slid away. You young boys better start manning up before your girl start abusing you
laugh.gif

When I say Men/Women not embracing traditional gender related skills of men/women (handymanship, cooking, cleaning); I am not saying that they shouldn'tALSO know the roles of the other sex. I actually promote EVERYONE to learn how to do EVERYTHING. Everyone should be all-around talents.

Women should know how to fix cars/cut hair.
Men should know how to cook and have heart to heart conversations with daughters.
Why? Because if you are single you need to know how to care for yourself.

I don't believe in housewives. They are the scum of the earth.

Also take into consideration that an all female world is better for the economy. We know women spend more money. Turn men into female clones (fashion wise) and"they" are happier. Makes perfect sense.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

When I say Men/Women not embracing traditional gender related skills of men/women (handymanship, cooking, cleaning); I am not saying that they shouldn't ALSO know the roles of the other sex. I actually promote EVERYONE to learn how to do EVERYTHING. Everyone should be all-around talents.

Women should know how to fix cars/cut hair.
Men should know how to cook and have heart to heart conversations with daughters.
Why? Because if you are single you need to know how to care for yourself.

I don't believe in housewives. They are the scum of the earth.
Doesn't that kinda contradict your original post though...?

I def see where OP is coming from especially the part about people getting too comfortable. Girls not knowing how to cook, guys not knowing how to be handyaround the house, and other related things I see as a general phenomenon of people not being socialized to know how to do important things. I think the numberone cause for this is just that times have changed. Why know how to cook when you can order out, go through a drive-thru, or microwave a dinner? In a societywhere professions and skills are increasingly specialized there won't be that many people who have a general knowledge of how things work, whether they bea car, a faucet, a broken door hinge, etc. You can always just call somebody up who can fix these things for you easily. To me the problem isn't that womendon't cook and men aren't able to be helpful around the house, the problem is that less and less people are able to do any of these things.

I guess as long as society continues to advance technologically and take care of the small things for us this trend won't necessarily be a major problem.But like I learned in my Apocalyptic Lit class once society is destroyed everyone is screwed because they have no practical skills. Since realizing thisI've taken it upon myself to try to learn a thing or two, lol.

Also as far as housewives go I agree 100000%

Back
Top Bottom