Do you Buy or sell Jemele Hill's rant of N-word usage in the NBA?

Still don't like her. She acts like somebody here robbed her, the way she talks about NY. +!%! her and her poorly written article.

Still don't like her. She acts like somebody here robbed her, the way she talks about NY. +!%! her and her poorly written article.

Nba fined kobe like that cause they knew the gay groups were coming...basically threw him under the bus...you know them @%!#%%@ give the nba some ratings

Nba fined kobe like that cause they knew the gay groups were coming...basically threw him under the bus...you know them @%!#%%@ give the nba some ratings

It's all about context, you cant honestly tell me that the way black people use the n-word is comparable to the way straight people use the f-word.

If a white player yelled the n-word i believe there would be a fine.

I'm not taking any stand because I dont use either word...but this is our society.

It's all about context, you cant honestly tell me that the way black people use the n-word is comparable to the way straight people use the f-word.

If a white player yelled the n-word i believe there would be a fine.

I'm not taking any stand because I dont use either word...but this is our society.

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

I don't see why more black coaches and veterans allow this to go on. Honestly, this issue should have been self policed by the black players and coaches, but since it's this much of an issue I wouldn't have a problem with Stern addressing it.

I'm not calling on Stern to address it, but saying that it's gotten to a point where you couldn't be mad at him for doing so.

this right here is a good thought...but chances of older vets & coaches getting involved/actually caring is what?
they have a hard time getting some of these knuckleheads to pay attention to things involving the game of basketball so i figure it will be like pulling teeth trying to tell grown men wit millions to change their vocabulary

wouldnt be mad at Stern for addressing it either but that would put a lot of negative spotlight on the NBA bringing forth the public awareness  

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

I don't see why more black coaches and veterans allow this to go on. Honestly, this issue should have been self policed by the black players and coaches, but since it's this much of an issue I wouldn't have a problem with Stern addressing it.

I'm not calling on Stern to address it, but saying that it's gotten to a point where you couldn't be mad at him for doing so.

this right here is a good thought...but chances of older vets & coaches getting involved/actually caring is what?
they have a hard time getting some of these knuckleheads to pay attention to things involving the game of basketball so i figure it will be like pulling teeth trying to tell grown men wit millions to change their vocabulary

wouldnt be mad at Stern for addressing it either but that would put a lot of negative spotlight on the NBA bringing forth the public awareness  

I try not to use the word but damn it comes out. Lol @ me playing in a game. I got hacked in a game and scored anyway. Told the dude guarding me that "n-Word, I wint the one to F with". Had the whole crowd rollin

I try not to use the word but damn it comes out. Lol @ me playing in a game. I got hacked in a game and scored anyway. Told the dude guarding me that "n-Word, I wint the one to F with". Had the whole crowd rollin

People still trying to make this word an issue?? Its just a word!!! How can a few letters that people use between themselves get someone so butthurt????

If you don't like a word don't say it! If the people that are using it don't find it offensive toward each other than what is the big deal??

People still trying to make this word an issue?? Its just a word!!! How can a few letters that people use between themselves get someone so butthurt????

If you don't like a word don't say it! If the people that are using it don't find it offensive toward each other than what is the big deal??

I buy her argument. As an African American I hate that word and I certainly don't use it. What makes me mad is that I'm sure there are plenty of African Americans that don't view that term as a term of endearment but their view is drowned out by the vocal minority. Some of these African Americans need to wake up and understand that whether the term ends with a "a" or "er" that term was use to demean and denigrate our ancestors. I guarantee if you called one of your grandparents the "n word" they wouldn't think it was cool especially if they grew up in the South pre 1980.

I buy her argument. As an African American I hate that word and I certainly don't use it. What makes me mad is that I'm sure there are plenty of African Americans that don't view that term as a term of endearment but their view is drowned out by the vocal minority. Some of these African Americans need to wake up and understand that whether the term ends with a "a" or "er" that term was use to demean and denigrate our ancestors. I guarantee if you called one of your grandparents the "n word" they wouldn't think it was cool especially if they grew up in the South pre 1980.

The points made we're agreeable. Though terms level in advisory, I'd think the n-word should be approachable more often.

The points made we're agreeable. Though terms level in advisory, I'd think the n-word should be approachable more often.

who cares...... no white guy is gonna fine a black dude for saying the n word. its not a big deal... who cares... kobe got fined... move on.

who cares...... no white guy is gonna fine a black dude for saying the n word. its not a big deal... who cares... kobe got fined... move on.

This is a reach ... she really couldn't think of anything better to write. Anybody that agrees with this article really needs to sit there for a minute and think about the big picture

This is a reach ... she really couldn't think of anything better to write. Anybody that agrees with this article really needs to sit there for a minute and think about the big picture

Originally Posted by aepps20

I buy her argument. As an African American I hate that word and I certainly don't use it. What makes me mad is that I'm sure there are plenty of African Americans that don't view that term as a term of endearment but their view is drowned out by the vocal minority.
THIS.

Back
Top Bottom