Do you guys think Lil Wayne knows he lost it?

LOL @ "And doesn't Kreayshawn have like 30 threads dedicated to her and her 2 ugly friends?". Good one Peep Game... That killed me...

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Wayne has not lost it. He's been rapping the same exact way in essence since the Carter 2.

Only thing is, people are just tired of hearing the same metaphors and phrases and "Clever" verses that he's been spitting since then. It was hot at first because it was Kind of sort of new, the punchlines and all.

Now that time has caught up with him, and its 2011, he can't pull the scheme that he's been pulling over rap since C2.

Basically.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

*Sighs*

90% of NT'ers listen to conscious rap anyway. (Talib Kweli, Brother Ali, Mos Def & etc.)

When the Drought 3 dropped, he even said he had to "re-invent" himself.�

I admit myself, he has some gimmicky-corny rhymes. "Gucci-Gucci,�Louie-Louie, Fendi-Fendi, Prada, my homies got that white girl, call it Lady Gaga"
eyes.gif

But who doesn't say corny rhymes today? Eminem? Jay? Ye? Ross? Drizzy? the list goes on....

I don't think Wayne has lost it, but I think his flow has jus' changed over the years, that's all. I will purchase C4 on�Monday, cause I know Tune gon' have some bangers on there. You can't tell ya'll listened to this song off of "Sorry 4 The Wait" and tell me he ain't go silly on it...

�
Wayne said himself he can't rap like he use to 
laugh.gif

And how is anybody saying he raps the same?

He was not rapping like Big Sean on C2

Originally Posted by jm2000

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Wayne has not lost it. He's been rapping the same exact way in essence since the Carter 2.

Only thing is, people are just tired of hearing the same metaphors and phrases and "Clever" verses that he's been spitting since then. It was hot at first because it was Kind of sort of new, the punchlines and all.

Now that time has caught up with him, and its 2011, he can't pull the scheme that he's been pulling over rap since C2.

Basically.

/thread...
...he rhymes the same, y'all are just tired of his style now.

He's just going through the motions basically
laugh.gif
You can't blame him because no matter what he puts out it'll sell.
nerd.gif

I havent listened to a wayne track in a minute. I didnt even know Carter 4 dropped or leaked or w/e lol .. And ive yet to listen to it. All i heard was a song posted in the Lil Wayne dissed Jayz thread & his verse was ****tyer than a hill of manure.. 

He no he trash thats y he talkn bout retirement.
His style hadnt changed just less passion and dumber bars.
Steep fall maybe due to a certain level of sobriety.

I said this on Twitter. He makes Facebook status rap. I can listen to 4 songs off Carter 4 and get 100 possible Facebook statuses and that's not an exaggeration. He'll be alright.

I look at wayne like Jordan Brand(minus the legacy), JB can put a jumpman on anything now and ppl will line up to cop it no matter how ugly it is and thats the same with wayne's music. Plus, most of wayne's fans are music hypebeast anyways.

Favorite Weezy song

I thought prison would be good for dude (get his head clear), but Idk...he either doesn't care anymore or just doesn't have it. I'm leaning toward a combination of the two with a little more emphasis on the latter.

Originally Posted by IamMD

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

A lot of listeners are very simple minded if they think what Lil' Wayne writes is clever. I could write you a whole 16 with similar weak lines.

"I win at life, Charlie Sheen"
"I get dough, call me a bakery"

Wow, amazing work. Come on, enough with these weak similes/metaphors and 'one two, buckle my shoe' rhyme schemes.

He has better metaphors than that, tho lol

No he doesn't.

Originally Posted by Futuristic

His verse on the "Hustle Hard Remix" made me feel like he's just giving these basic **% fans what they wanna hear...because he showed he's capable of making hot verses.

When he was on that

"And I'm dumpin my Scarlet O'Hara in the canal/cause I'm not gettin stopped with cop paraphenil'/now I'm preparing the L/Not preparing to fail/cause my flow is for real like the Sahara in Hell....

The subarbs/radio stations/people who generate money weren't trying to hear it. Hustler Musik (his hardest single to date) only reached 87 on the hot 100...Then Lollipop shot straight to number 1.

It's a shame, but obviously his current style is catering to the charts.

Dont forget the hoodboogers who think ''how to love'' is deep 
laugh.gif

Wayne was not rapping the same on Tha Carter II. It was night and goddamn day.

Blasphemous.
30t6p3b.gif

He has stretched himself thin. What artist do you know that has been featured on so much music in a 11 year span??? His music isn't deep enough to last that long without becoming redundant. The problem is that no one in his camp will let him know the deal, so we're stuck with this until some rapper really disses him
laugh.gif

I don't see it as Wayne "lost" it, just people are starting to lose interest. He seems to have hit the same wall Curtis hit, where they are hot for awhile, then the "formula" stops working. Then people start calling it wack. Then all of a sudden, nobody cares anymore. Nelly as well. You start off fast, then you"Weezin" in the back. Just my thoughts.

He said that once he realized that people liked it when he just had fun in the studio, he stopped being so serious, and I definitely see that.
His reputation precedes him so no matter what he says people will eat it up. Imo BM JR is THE hardest wayne song I've ever heard, you can tell he took it serious, but he was still having fun. I wouldn't be surprised if wayne farted on a track and made a metaphor about how he's the "feces". He dunbed it down and people love it.
30t6p3b.gif

Wayne isnt for everyone either. If you're a rap "elitist" that enjoys stories in rhymes, looks for a point/ message, then you won't get that from him. He's basically a glorified battle rapper. Random punchile/ bragging rap. He wasn't always that way, but that's what he has become.

Originally Posted by thejrob

Weezy's been dead since "I'm Me" from The Leak, The Carter 3 Sessions tape if you wanna do it by project.

...right now though, he's definitely turning in his grave

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

He said that once he realized that people liked it when he just had fun in the studio, he stopped being so serious, and I definitely see that.
His reputation precedes him so no matter what he says people will eat it up. Imo BM JR is THE hardest wayne song I've ever heard, you can tell he took it serious, but he was still having fun. I wouldn't be surprised if wayne farted on a track and made a metaphor about how he's the "feces". He dunbed it down and people love it.
30t6p3b.gif

Wayne isnt for everyone either. If you're a rap "elitist" that enjoys stories in rhymes, looks for a point/ message, then you won't get that from him. He's basically a glorified battle rapper. Random punchile/ bragging rap. He wasn't always that way, but that's what he has become.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
That's been his steez for so long, I'm sure I could type in a random Lil Wayne song on youtube and see exactly those types of metaphors.

Originally Posted by djryan614

I don't see it as Wayne "lost" it, just people are starting to lose interest. He seems to have hit the same wall Curtis hit, where they are hot for awhile, then the "formula" stops working. Then people start calling it wack. Then all of a sudden, nobody cares anymore. Nelly as well. You start off fast, then you"Weezin" in the back. Just my thoughts.
This would be true........IF people were losing interest. He's still as big as ever though, but I do see how he has changed.

Back
Top Bottom