Do you have any unpopular opinions???VOL....2

I’m not saying she should garner the same salary as an NBA player, but $76K seems way too low considering the boost she’ll provide to the WNBA. I’d like to think she’s worth at least double or triple what she’s getting.

Caitlyn hasn't played a single WNBA game yet and is already the most marketable and biggest draw in their league. She is without a doubt worth way more than 76k but we know those contracts aren't structed off what a players worth is it's off their draft position.

3-4 years from now the a WNBA players salary is going to be exponentially higher. That's assuming Caitlyn's career goes according to plan and I have no reason to believe it will not.

Regardless the WNBA is getting their bag soon thanks to Caitlyn

It will be pity money. It won't be coming from ticket and ad sales that's for sure.

I'm for paying college players before giving WNBA players a raise.

That said, 76k is a bit low. Even for the publicity alone that she gave them.

Caitlyn hasn't played a single WNBA game yet and is already the most marketable and biggest draw in their league. She is without a doubt worth way more than 76k but we know those contracts aren't structed off what a players worth is it's off their draft position.

3-4 years from now the a WNBA players salary is going to be exponentially higher. That's assuming Caitlyn's career goes according to plan and I have no reason to believe it will not.

Don't bet on it. Caitlyn will eat off endorsements so her salary will just be money in the bank. These salaries are the reason why most of these ladies play overseas in the offseason. Folks hyped about WNBA now, but we will see how it maintains as the season moves along. I know I will be tuned in.

It will be pity money. It won't be coming from ticket and ad sales that's for sure.

I'm for paying college players before giving WNBA players a raise.

That said, 76k is a bit low. Even for the publicity alone that she gave them.

The WNBA is going to make more money than they ever have before this season. It won't be pity money.

If they gave Caitlyn a special contract bigger than any other rookie the other players would riot. The old guard already hates her :rofl:

Like Kelce on the Chiefs, is he the best player? Far from it, but he is personally responsible for bringing a ton of new viewers to watch the nfl and buy gear. Does he deserve a raise for that?

I know people don't like to say it but the WNBA is looking a lot better...if you get what I'm saying...I think thats whats going to make a huge difference.

Kelce should def get a raise or bonus for what him and Taylor brought to the NFL. They were literally getting millions more views per game just because of them.

Of course, the glaring flaw in Burr's sentiment is that most women don't watch sports... but most men do.
That reasoning is right in line with people who say "But black people shoot each other all the time" when someone is talking about police brutality towards black people.
"Maybe their biggest problem isn't police; maybe their biggest problem is theirselves."
Finger-pointing their own ingroup fails to acknowledge the disrespect from their outgroup.
It's easy for outgroups to blame ingroups because that removes any responsibility, and thats a lot more comfortable.
But when men are being blamed for the sport being where it is, what should the response be? ( re: Burr)

If the league makes more money. Then the players should also make more money and will. That's literally all there is to it.

Also the WNBA Players Association have an option to abandon at the end of the 2024 season. Which they definitely will. The money is coming. People weren't watching Caitlin play at Iowa because they loved Iowa women's basketball. They wanted to see Caitlin pull from 30+. No one is going to be tuning in to Iowa games next year.

Her jersey outsold every player from any draft of any sport....ticket prices for games against the Fever are 3-4 times higher than average games. Honestly comparing her to Kelce is a little disrespectful because her start power is bigger than his.

WNBA players can live a very nice middle class lifestyle with their salary. They want to live like NBA players though that's the disconnect and the paper isn't there for that YET.

Also they might be better off lowering their requirement of making these women play 4 years in college. They're letting the NCAA make money off Juju for 3 more seasons they could be getting.

WNBA making pity money is a wild statement

I'm saying someone is going to be taking a loss by paying them 100's of thousands a year. It's not gonna come from Ticket sales, ad sales and merch sales. If they wanna get paid lots more, where would this money come from? Don't think there is enough to go around.

I'm saying someone is going to be taking a loss by paying them 100's of thousands a year. It's not gonna come from Ticket sales, ad sales and merch sales. If they wanna get paid lots more, where would this money come from? Don't think there is enough to go around.

Caitlin really the meal ticket.

1713366726370.png

Like Kelce on the Chiefs, is he the best player? Far from it, but he is personally responsible for bringing a ton of new viewers to watch the nfl and buy gear. Does he deserve a raise for that?
Far from it? He is one of the best at his position all time. If it werent for hisHomie he would be the chiefs best player

Isn’t CC’s success substantial proof that the issue has been the entertainment value and performance level of the WNBA vs the NBA?

Obviously things can’t financially change overnight but hopefully this makes other players hungry to really be a shooter in women’s basketball and make things super interesting, because all the basketball fans I know were at least paying attention to CC’s run in the last bit there.

Isn’t CC’s success substantial proof that the issue has been the entertainment value and performance level of the WNBA vs the NBA?

Obviously things can’t financially change overnight but hopefully this makes other players hungry to really be a shooter in women’s basketball and make things super interesting, because all the basketball fans I know were at least paying attention to CC’s run in the last bit there.

That's all it was. They needed the star power. They got it now.

Lets see what the game attendance looks like, ticket prices, tv viewership numbers say then we can evaluate. Me personally I know I will be tuning in to Caitlin's first WNBA game and I have never watched a WNBA game voluntarily throughout in my life.

Especially in the summer when the only other alternative is MLB??? I will be following closely her rookie season and Angel's.

Wow I didn’t think I’d ruffle so many feathers about the diet soda talk.

I guess I’m in the right thread.

I’ll throw another out there.

People that can’t function without coffee are addicts.

Caffeine is a drug just like nicotine, alcohol, etc.
brother i literally just picked up a chic fil a coffee with an egg burrito
1713371296197.jpeg

Hopefully the hype doesn't die down.

She just has to produce and live up to the hype.

It will be tough because everyone will be gunning for her.

A true "Wait and See" moment. But hopefully if things don't go as planned for her and the WNBA doesn't see the projected growth people are expecting, SHE (Clark) doesn't get blamed for IT.

I just think the WNBA is a hard sell in general. (BUt that is a different convo)

Back
Top Bottom