Do you have any unpopular opinions???VOL....2

Pedestrians actually DONT have the right of way. Car vs human ends one way. Stop feeling entitled to walk in front of cars just because. Teach your kids this too. Srs
I feel like this is a bad line of thinking because it encourages dangerous driving. Driving is a privilege, so we should always be mindful of pedestrians.

I don't feel comfortable walking anywhere in LA :lol:

Do y'all have a group of bikers who "takeover" the road or is it just my city that has to deal with this annoyance.

Yea and then you have people that defend the behavior which is even more annoying. But those same folks find a way to defend any and every type of behavior.

Drivers should always be in the defensive mode.

Drivers should always be on the lookout for pedestrians.

However, pedestrians need to not walk around as if they can't be touched.
Agreed.

However, pedestrians aren't navigating around the city inside three tons of metal on wheels, so the burden is technically on drivers to be more responsible.

That said, I'm not putting my life in anyone's hands, so I rarely walk unless it's an area designed for foot traffic :lol:

Agreed.

However, pedestrians aren't navigating around the city inside three tons of metal on wheels, so the burden is technically on drivers to be more responsible.

That said, I'm not putting my life in anyone's hands, so I rarely walk unless it's an area designed for foot traffic :lol:

It's on the pedestrian to protect their own life.

Look st your surroundings.
Get your face out of your phone.
Think twice about walking into that intersection.

Outside of the rare occasion where a driver is just jetting through an intersection / crosswalk, pedestrians seriously walk around as if there aren't cars in the road.

It's on the pedestrian to protect their own life.

Look st your surroundings.
Get your face out of your phone.
Think twice about walking into that intersection.
I dunno what utopia you live in, but in Los Angeles, people do all of the above and literally die every day.
Drivers believing "pedestrians don't actually have the right away" is actually super dangerous, in my humble opinion.

Well I guess I live in a Utopia because from what I see pedestrians are definitely more at fault than drivers.

Stoping for pedestrians is dumb af. What do I look like stopping for one person walking when the cars will be by in 5 seconds.

I don’t stop for them unless it’s a kid or I’m about to hit them.

My boy stopped for one on his motorcycle got rear ended and a broken back out of it. They can wait.

Do y'all have a group of bikers who "takeover" the road or is it just my city that has to deal with this annoyance.
Bronx,NYC is one helluva place to be, lol. Takeovers are just 1 small part of the daily shenanigans that go on over there.

One time I saw a girl get out of an Uber and immediately walk into traffic without even looking. Someone had to stomp on their brakes so they didn’t hit her, and she proceeded to flip them off. It was ridiculous to see :lol: she was bugging
man
peoples awareness is so bad these days, its wild

what bothers me most is people walking out of their building/a store
not taking a beat, not looking both ways
just bailing right out the door and going their direction

I always see people that feel the need to run across the street to beat an oncoming car instead of waiting for it to pass.
They do that in the car too. What makes me so mad is that there is usually no one behind me. You risked OUR live to cut 5 seconds of your commute.

man
peoples awareness is so bad these days, its wild

what bothers me most is people walking out of their building/a store
not taking a beat, not looking both ways
just bailing right out the door and going their direction
Bruh pulling out the garage from work. Folks just walk in front of exit and be legit shocked a car pulled out, then look at me like I was supposed to see them. :smh:

They do that in the car too. What makes me so mad is that there is usually no one behind me. You risked OUR live to cut 5 seconds of your commute.

Bruh pulling out the garage from work. Folks just walk in front of exit and be legit shocked a car pulled out, then look at me like I was supposed to see them. :smh:
Both irk me so much. Folks hit the gas and speed out in front of you just to immediately slow to crawl instead of just waiting for the completely empty gap behind you.

Then you got folks walking out out from a wall without checking, not seeing that the driver is completely blind to beyond the wall .

Back
Top Bottom