Do you have any unpopular opinions???VOL....2

i mostly just get annoyed with cyclists using the sidewalks to ride their bikes, especially when it's busy with lots of people using sidewalks

Both irk me so much. Folks hit the gas and speed out in front of you just to immediately slow to crawl instead of just waiting for the completely empty gap behind you.

Then you got folks walking out out from a wall without checking, not seeing that the driver is completely blind to beyond the wall .

Man this pisses me off every single time!

Similar to how some people hate that women move in and out of the "relationships should be 50/50" mindset based in convenience; people get irritated with cyclists because they freely move between pedestrian and motor vehicle when it's convenient for them.

Similar to how some people hate that women move in and out of the "relationships should be 50/50" mindset based in convenience; people get irritated with cyclists because they freely move between pedestrian and motor vehicle when it's convenient for them.

I've never experienced women not being ok with 50/50 outside of the internet.

one place I hate being a pedestrian is Houston. Cars don’t care about you, and the city of Houston doesn’t care about you, It shows in their lack of properly designed sidewalks or lack of sidewalks.

one place I hate being a pedestrian is Houston. Cars don’t care about you, and the city of Houston doesn’t care about you It shows in their lack of proper designed sidewalks.

I'm pro public transportation btw.

Walkable cities >>>>>>>>

If I could live with only driving my car when I wanted to or for long trips I would love it.

i mostly just get annoyed with cyclists using the sidewalks to ride their bikes, especially when it's busy with lots of people using sidewalks
This actually speaks to exactly the problem.
Camp A: GTF off the road!
Camp B: GTF off the sidewalk!
Like...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 🤦🏻‍♂️

I used to ride my bicycle everywhere before I had a car

I rode on the sidewalks, never thought I should be on the ROAD made for CARS
I ride my bike often and never rode on the sidewalk always in the street. Adult Bikes def don't belong on a sidewalk.

Hating someone because theyre riding a bike is wild AF :rofl:

Bikes and pedestrians need separate paths, word to the Brooklyn Bridge. I've had way to many scares with wandering pedestrians. Happy the took a lane from the cars for us :smokin

In my 41 years of living, it never fails, the most sanitizing, germophobic people be dirty as hell behind the scenes. Its like they know it and try to compensate in front of people.

I ride my bike often and never rode on the sidewalk always in the street. Adult Bikes def don't belong on a sidewalk.

Hating someone because theyre riding a bike is wild AF :rofl:
it’s not riding the bike. It’s riding it in the damn road / lanes like you’re a car or not caring that you’re literally inconveniencing everyone around you

In my town not many people walk sidewalks so they’re mostly open. I’d much rather ride on the sidewalk myself than watch my back in a bike lane or better yet a damn street lane. :smh:

Yall put too much trust in strangers.

Do I trust myself to not hit someone while riding my bike on a sidewalk

Or do I trust strangers not to run me over on my bike

Hmm

it’s not riding the bike. It’s riding it in the damn road / lanes like you’re a car or not caring that you’re literally inconveniencing everyone around you

In my town not many people walk sidewalks so they’re mostly open. I’d much rather ride on the sidewalk myself than watch my back in a bike lane or better yet a damn street lane. :smh:

Yall put too much trust in strangers.

Do I trust myself to not hit someone while riding my bike on a sidewalk

Or do I trust strangers not to run me over on my bike

Hmm
Not sure where you live that there's no one on the sidewalk, but that is VERY different than where I'm from. In such a case it does make sense to ride on the sidewalk if there aren't any pedestrians. In NY/NJ area there isn't one street that can't accommodate a cyclist and a car at the same time unless one of the 2 are not competent at what they are doing. Waaaay to many people on the sidewalks here for bike riding.

Not sure where you live that there's no one on the sidewalk, but that is VERY different than where I'm from. In such a case it does make sense to ride on the sidewalk if there aren't any pedestrians. In NY/NJ area there isn't one street that can't accommodate a cyclist and a car at the same time unless one of the 2 are not competent at what they are doing. Waaaay to many people on the sidewalks here for bike riding.
That makes sense and obviously I’d be less upset if there weren’t any other options

Where’s I’m from the neighborhood speed limit it 40-50 and sidewalks are widely open.

If a person on a bike is riding in the street lane it’s because they CHOSE to and have decided that’s where they belong / desire to be.

When I was in HS, a kid in my town died riding his bike across a cross walk when he had the go ahead. Driver came and slammed him head on. How anyone would PREFER to ride in the street is beyond me. Not even mentioning the inconveniencing of other if you’re riding in the street lane.

For clarification, I don’t care about bike lane riding. I’m mainly speaking on street lane riding.

Back
Top Bottom