Do you sometimes get the feeling that no matter how hard you try, it'll never work? Vol. Basketball

To make a long story short, I'm on my senior basketball team and it's my last year. My coach had high expectations of me, but I didn't step up this entire year and tomorrow could be our last game. I went from being a starter to a benchwarmer. My coach barely talks to me anymore. I don't know what to blame, it could be my pressure from school, the death of a friend of mine earlier in the year, or maybe family problems overall.

I was supposed to be setting an example for the juniors on the team, but even they're having a better season than me. I feel like no matter how hard I try, I just can't keep up anymore. My team's record this year is so much worse than last year's. I feel like we're going no where. I just want to say this is the worst feeling in the world, because basketball is (or was) my passion, and to see myself just completely lose this passion is too much to bear. I never thought I'd say this, but I've given up on my passion for basketball.

Sorry, I needed to vent a little.

you gave up cuz of one bad season...

if this is your passion wouldn't playing help you get through all that your going through?

man up and step up in your next game if you get in...

we all have dreams but if this was really your passion the stuff you named wouldn't kill it...

It's high school bro, trust me enjoy the rest of your senior year and continue playing Ball. You can never give up the game it's a part of your life.

Maybe you're trying TOO hard?
Are you a scorer most of the time? If you're missing too many shots, be a distributor.

You getting any looks from any colleges?

There really is no need to be upset or downtrodden. It is just a game. This should help you put that in perspective a bit more.

If your coach chooses not to talk to you and relegates you to the bench, it's his problem, not yours.

You're going to always love the game. Don't worry.

The summer after high school is damn near the best time of ur basketball career forreal. U get to train and workout if u got any college looks. Work on what u need to work on and evaluate what went wrong this pass season. Don't give up brah

I didn't have a good senior season either. Just keep your head up, bro. If your not in the game, have a good attitude and cheer on your teammates. Thats was the easiest way for me to stay positive. Which that sets a good example for younger guys. Trust me though man, by next year you learn that there is so much more to life than basketball. Don't stress over it too much, bro.

man up, dont think about failure, think about the fast break, cutting the lanes, and that zone defense.

basically what im trying to say is, you cant think about failure when you are out there on the court. the only thing on your mind should be the game itself.

when i was on the court, grades didnt matter, classes didnt matter, hell what happened before and after the game didnt matter to me. all i cared about was me being on the floor trying to win.

when you bring all of the other stresses onto the court, it shows. the game is supposed to be your escape from everything else.

at least that how i look/saw it when i was in high school and even now.

Dude, it's not that serious...

After high school, basketball is just an enjoyable way to get some exercise...

Originally Posted by razzle dazzle

To make a long story short, I'm on my senior basketball team and it's my last year. My coach had high expectations of me, but I didn't step up this entire year and tomorrow could be our last game. I went from being a starter to a benchwarmer. My coach barely talks to me anymore.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

dude you're not going to make it in sports, no one does, count it as having fun but dont ever think you'll absolutely make it, because you wont
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by razzle dazzle

To make a long story short, I'm on my senior basketball team and it's my last year. My coach had high expectations of me, but I didn't step up this entire year and tomorrow could be our last game. I went from being a starter to a benchwarmer. My coach barely talks to me anymore.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

dude you're not going to make it in sports, no one does,
count it as having fun but dont ever think you'll absolutely make it, because you wont
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by AC4Three

Dude, it's not that serious...
this has to be one of the stupidest sayings on NT.

it may not be serious to YOU, but it is to him. 

People have certain aspirations they want to live up to, and when they dont, its heartbreaking.

I got cut from playing in a professional mexican teams academy because I wasn't fully mexican.

In order to make it, you will have to overcome obstacles, but do NOT ever give up.

If you want to make it as a pro athlete, have that as your number 1 priority, but always remember that there is more to life than just a sport.

Back
Top Bottom