Dodgeball considered "a tool of Oppression" VOL Canadians..

Back when I was in school, we had those dodge balls that would leave red welts if you got hit hard enough :lol: Times done changed.

Prison dodge >

*Torpedo, also... :pimp:

Isn't life inherently one big competition?

Show and tell? Rich kids always brought the goods

Career day. No one cared about the dad working at Mickie D's

Some little kid is always going to feel left out or excluded

Picking teams at recess.

We gonna keep them all in bubbles from here on out? The world's a tough place.

Lets not totally fall into the argumentum ad antiquitatem. After all, until the late 1970's the boys in High School PE classes, in many high schools, were required to do a swim unit of a few weeks and they were required to swim completely naked. If the traditionalists always had their way, us 80's and 90's kids would have had to bare our dicks for all our male classmates to behold as a condition of graduating. You can thank progressives for us avoiding that trauma.

This anti dodge ball guy is a bit too extreme. Even my crazy lefty self can see benefits from PE and sports, especially team sports.

I dunno maybe we compromise by having the teacher take points if a big, athletic kid deliberately picks on the small, less athletic kids with his throw selection.

Lets not totally fall into the argumentum ad antiquitatem. After all, until the late 1970's the boys in High School PE classes, in many high schools, were required to do a swim unit of a few weeks and they were required to swim completely naked. If the traditionalists always had their way, us 80's and 90's kids would have had to bare our dicks for all our male classmates to behold as a condition of graduating. You can thank progressives for us avoiding that trauma.

This anti dodge ball guy is a bit too extreme. Even my crazy lefty self can see benefits from PE and sports, especially team sports.

I dunno maybe we compromise by having the teacher take points if a big, athletic kid deliberately picks on the small, less athletic kids with his throw selection.
@shotsrangout
@Meangene45

, us 80's and 90's kids would have had to bare our dicks for all our male classmates to behold as a condition of graduating. You can thank progressives for us avoiding that trauma

for them only to subject kids now to bathroom with non-conforming gender types :smh: :lol:

When I was in high school, half the kids cut or didn’t want to do anything in gym class. Glad whenever they gave us the choice to go to the weight room and lift.

Maybe have an option to opt out?

Maybe they can learn code or something they find interesting (within reason of course).

Not a parent or educator, so my opinion weighs little.

I think kids should have an option to play or not.
Sure and they should be given other modes to display whichever skill is displayed when playing dosgeball.

But some kids are simply non-compliant with anything gym related.

They don't change into their clothes.
They want to sit out of everything.

But their parents/coaches get mad at the gym teacher when they fail the class.

We can't MAKE kids do anything though .

when i was in middle school there was no sitting out for dodge ball
if you wanted to sit out, you just stand there and catch the fair one
i remember our gym teachers used to participate too and obliterate some kids :lol:

kids should be forced to exercise in school like they are forced to do everything else

whats more important than your health?

But some kids are simply non-compliant with anything gym related.

They don't change into their clothes.
They want to sit out of everything.
Girls were notorious for this in my middle school and HS years.

I swear I was blessed in HS when I had PE.

I forgot what the PE requirement was but my memory wants to say it was 2 years when I went?

If so, I do remember having PE in either 1st period or the last period of the day. First period = go to school in PE clothes if I wanted and get it out of the way during the coolest period of the day. Sixth period = not worrying about stinking the rest of the day, messing up your hair for the rest of the school period and I did my swimming requirement during my 6th period class.
1D8A24D4-5608-4373-9E42-3FD2A303BB80.png

When I used to work in a juvenile detention facility the staff would use dodge ball as way to "get back" at the kids for all the verbal and physical abuse they put them through :lol:

Games used to get HEATED. Even the unathletic, overweight staff would be all-in just to get a mere chance at vengeance. Admin finally said nope to staff and kids playing sports like that against one another.

Why would they require students to swim naked? Sounds absurd any sauces?

And most team sports still shower together at least they did when I was in hs.

This is ridiculous :lol: I'm ok with dodgeball being phased out but let's not act like the game was making kids become bullies... Nobody was forced to play. I remember when we were told that we were playing dodgeball that the entire class would be hyped to play :lol: . The kids that didn't want to play just didn't participate.

Times change so it's cool but don't make a big deal out of nothing :smh:

Back
Top Bottom