Don't know how I got into this again....

Seriously, I was on a 3 year shoe hiatus. I would occasionally visit this site and see what was going on. So many good releases passed me by. And now I don't know why I'm back into the mix of all things. Before the chicago 10s my last purchase was the aqua 8s. Now I've purchased 3 pairs of sneaks in the same month, and one back in OCT with the blk/cem 3s. I passed on the concords, and money was never an issue. Have I lost my sense of self-control? lol did Nike push a button to bring us OGs back into this crap. Anyone else have this shoe bug.

yes...came back with the cool greys, concords and some others in 2011 after about 5 yrs. but fading to black again cause the sheet is ridiculous now.

will always like shoes though...... At sometime you will look at your kicks and say I have enough shoes and i have more important things to save/spend my money on.

Must be something in the air, homie. I was out of the game for a good minute pretty much all of last year.. slept on the Playoff 13s that i really like, Last Shots, Black Cement 3s, White Cement 3s.. I missed out on those and a few others that I've been waiting for. 
ohwell.gif

Came back into the game with a fiery vengeance and swooped two pairs of Concords. One to rock and one to get married in down the line. 
pimp.gif

Copped the White Cements, Chicagos, and got a DMP Pack from my girl.. now I'm deeper into Jays than I was before. Feels good to be back though.. 
tongue.gif

I haven't bought a pair of Jordan's in 5 years...and I tried to come back for the Cement IV's and failed miserably.

I'm now looking at the ASG shoes...

But after that I don't really see myself getting anything else...

I'm with you OP

I was almost done, slowly selling pair by pair, my collection went from 30+ to about 5.
got married, had a baby

...............then 2011 came - IIIs, playoff XIII, Vs, ROYAL FOAMS, and concords (although I still don't have a pair)

and I got some Barkleys and Kobe Vs
this year I got the chicago Xs and cement IVs, but I'm almost done just gotta save up for some concords

I'm officially back baby, but now instead of getting all colorways of my favorite pairs, now I just get my favorite colorways of my favorite Js, so this limits the size of my collection

I was on a 3 year hiatus until the true blues released last June (?) Things have really changed in the last 3 years.

ha, this post is funny, and true. Last pair i bought was 12/11 CDP i had 75+ pairs and sold them all. Now i just bought a size 8 Cement iv's and I'm a size 11, so now i have to trade and get into that game again. For some reason I think I'm back getting a headache and trying to figure out where I'm gonna get the next release.

was on a 3 year hiatus as well and actually ended up getting back into it a year ago with the asg being here in la with me needing a balling shoe and really liking the kobe vi oc
30t6p3b.gif

Same here! As far as J's are concerned, I've been out the loop for a few years now...I still buy here and there, but all of a sudden I feel like I did over 5 years ago. I've had this account since '03 and had one that was banned before this one. I regret passing up on the 3's last year, so I made sure the same thing wouldn't happen with the 4's and now I'm back
grin.gif

Space Jams pulled me in.......I was so far out because you would never see them on shelves in the smaller city I used to live in. When I moved to a bigger city that got retros everything changed.....for good or for bad
laugh.gif
:

^^^lol its like something out of the original power rangers. I like her transformation dance
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mrkane

yes...came back with the cool greys, concords and some others in 2011 after about 5 yrs. but fading to black again cause the sheet is ridiculous now.

will always like shoes though...... At sometime you will look at your kicks and say I have enough shoes and i have more important things to save/spend my money on.

yeah that is so true.

I havent stopped buying kicks, but I have stopped buyng Js. Last pair I bought was the black/grey high 1s, and before that was the 5/18 cdp. Sold all those...

But since December Ive ended up with 3 new pairs of Js in the stacks, and I feel myself wanting a few more pairs Ive passed on during my hiatus
ohwell.gif
Ive been re-bitten by the Jordan bug
frown.gif

Originally Posted by mrkane

Feel you 100%, this is where Im at in the so called shoe game, every since I bought a house 3 years ago. Other priorities just drain the money, it's kind of funny seeing cats on youtube and other outlets sitting in a room with hundreds of shoes boxes around them preaching the gospel of Jordan Brand smh. Its no way in the world I could do it, I jump in and out of this shoes thing whenever a pair comes out that I have always wanted I'll try to snag them up using every method other than standing in line at this point lol It just doesnt have the same feel anymore for me. I almost cant wait to have a couple kids so I can officially bow out of the shoe game and pass it to them...

As long as they still make them with the quality as a champion replica jersey I will stay away. I am sure it is going to be that way forever or unless Js arent hott anymore. 5 or 6 years Ive been away I think. Still down wit Nikes though.

I started up w/ the Cool Greys. I took some time off from 'the game' while I was in college and broke. Missed out on some incredible heat. Hence why I'm still searching for Carmines and Space Jams.

LOL yep put me into this category , the way things are going Im about to go back under ground .

I've been trying to walk away for a minute now. calling 2012 my swan song though. Unless the Columbia XI's don't drop this December. I've got most the kicks I wanted these past two years. With the XII's dropping this year, and a bunch of other surprises in store, I can walk away. I think...
eyes.gif

I took about three years off when alot of the kicks I wanted released (Carmines, Taxis, Blk/Red XIs, basically all the good OG colorways from the Countdown packs, Space Jams, Cherry XIIs, Raging Bulls, Shadow Is, Cherry XIIIs, Cool Greys, Space Jams, then all the IXs that dropped ) and then last year I ha to get the Cements and Playoff XIIIs. Then I had to have the Wolf Greys. Money fell short because I had a baby boy so I missed out on the Metallic 5s, True Blues and Cardinals but then I got my hands on a pair of Banned Is and after those I have missed out on every release because I am broke after hella bills and whatnot. Feels bad not being able to the kicks I want but now I have more important things to spend dough on so its looking like I'll just have to pick up pairs here and there when I happen to have extra money for myself.

Back
Top Bottom