Drake - 5am In Toronto

Drake getting ready to drop a classic album, song is too ill

Drake smashing the haters without naming names which what makes the track fire

The thing I like most about Drake is he gets hate for R&B or hate for tracks like this and no matter what he still is above all of it

Last edited:
Where was this flow when Common came at his neck?

Common is no one at this point and Drake knew that, Common was looking for the attention like most people who diss the up and comers

See Lil Kim as much as I can't stand Nicki

Common is no one at this point and Drake knew that, Common was looking for the attention like most people who diss the up and comers

:lol: This wasn't some dude from Smilez and Southstar coming at Drake...this was COMMON. A legend.

cd-logo.jpg

It was a wrap after that.

Drake stayed in his lane....look, I like this "new" version of Drake. However, I'm gonna call a spade a spade here. He backed down. Nothing more, nothing less.

:lol: This wasn't some dude from Smilez and Southstar coming at Drake...this was COMMON. A legend.

cd-logo.jpg

Drake stayed in his lane....look, I like this "new" version of Drake. However, I'm gonna call a spade a spade here. He backed down. Nothing more, nothing less.

A wrap? Stayed in his lane? Take Care was the best selling rap album of the year if im not mistaken and won the Grammy

You act like like Common ended him, it didn't phase his Drake's career

I for one am glad Drake has problems with the Weeknd. It guarantees that I wont have to hear his music on the album. 

A wrap? Stayed in his lane? Take Care was the best selling rap album of the year if im not mistaken and won the Grammy

^I think JJs was referring to respect and Drake being taken seriously. Common came out and 100% addressed him, and instead of Drake having some nuts to basically battle him back, he ducked, went to twitter on some "Why won't the vets let the young dudes live :wow:?" tip, then sent a vague subliminal (if he actually did). I know the younger crowd (which is pretty sad at me calling it that since I'm 25) could care less about battles and the foundation of where rap/hip hop came from, but Drake got his card pulled, and failed in that aspect. And yet he can address Chris Brown and The Weeknd :rolleyes Even Nelly addressed KRS-One, who hadn't been truly on the radar for a looooooong time :lol:

If we wanna go the route of grammys and such, I'm pretty sure Common has a grammy, been nominated for others, and been in multiple movies and shows. All that stuff is irrelevant to me as I'm just paying attention to the music, but if someone wants to bring that up, well......there ya go :lol:

Last edited:

Where'd I say that?

Common made Drake look like a sucker, which was all that I was getting at.

^I think JJs was referring to respect and Drake being taken seriously. Common came out and 100% addressed him, and instead of Drake having some nuts to basically battle him back, he ducked, went to twitter on some "Why won't the vets let the young dudes live :wow:?" tip, then sent a vague subliminal (if he actually did). I know the younger crowd (which is pretty sad at me calling it that since I'm 25) could care less about battles and the foundation of where rap/hip hop came from, but Drake got his card pulled, and failed in that aspect. And yet he can address Chris Brown and The Weeknd :rolleyes Even Nelly addressed KRS-One, who hadn't been truly on the radar for a looooooong time :lol:

If we wanna go the route of grammys and such, I'm pretty sure Common has a grammy, been nominated for others, and been in multiple movies and shows. All that stuff is irrelevant to me as I'm just paying attention to the music, but if someone wants to bring that up, well......there ya go :lol:

Thank you.

Where'd I say that?

Common made Drake look like a sucker, which was all that I was getting at.
Thank you.

Well I think Common's diss didn't do anything, it made him look like a sucker to people who already hated Drake

To each their own opinion though

Last edited:

The dreamer, the believer was a pretty good album. Blue skies was like BE common. Don't know what u talking about son it wasn't a great album but it was good

The dreamer, the believer was a pretty good album. Blue skies was like BE common. Don't know what u talking about son it wasn't a great album but it was good

People aren't checking for Common like that anymore, I'm not discrediting his accomplishments because I enjoy his muisc but The Dreamer, The Believer sold 146k...pin drops

He tried to create buzz by dissing Drake

Common didn't go at Drake to get buzz. Common has never been that type of dude. Dude went at Drake cuz felt like somebody needed to do it. It's good thing he did cuz it forced Drake to put out a great verse with Stay Schemin and then Common went back at him on the remix.

Dudes always wanna say "he's trying to get a buzz" when their favorite rapper gets called out. :lol:

Last edited:
Common didn't go at Drake to get buzz. Common has never been that type of dude. Dude went at Drake cuz felt like some needed to do it. It's good thing he did cuz forced Drake to put out a great verse with Stay Schemin and then Common went back at him on the remix.

Dudes always wanna say "he's trying to get a buzz" when their favorite rapper gets called out. :lol:

Never been that type of dude? From the get go he went after Westside Connection

Used it to get buzz in the beginning and used it to try and get buzz in the twilight, know your history before you make false statements

Last edited:
Never been that type of dude? From the get go he went after Westside Connection

Used it to get buzz in the beginning and used it to try and get buzz in the twilight, know your history before you make false statements
He murked Ice Cube career after that joint 

He called out the West cuz he didn't like the direction Hip Hop was going in. The hell are you talking about. :lol:

You know the essence of hip hop is battling right? Dudes don't always diss somebody to get a buzz. It's a competitive genre.

Stop leaning on those weak excuses.

He called out the West cuz he didn't like the direction Hip Hop was going in. The hell are you talking about. :lol:

You know the essence of hip hop is battling right? Dudes don't always diss somebody to get a buzz. It's a competitive genre.

Stop leaning on those weak excuses.

Rightttttt just like he didn't do a feature on a Jonas Brothers album to gain buzz

laugh.gif
This wasn't some dude from Smilez and Southstar coming at Drake...this was COMMON. A legend.

^I think JJs was referring to respect and Drake being taken seriously. Common came out and 100% addressed him, and instead of Drake having some nuts to basically battle him back, he ducked, went to twitter on some "Why won't the vets let the young dudes live
embarassed.gif
?" tip, then sent a vague subliminal (if he actually did). I know the younger crowd (which is pretty sad at me calling it that since I'm 25) could care less about battles and the foundation of where rap/hip hop came from, but Drake got his card pulled, and failed in that aspect. And yet he can address Chris Brown and The Weeknd
eyes.gif
Even Nelly addressed KRS-One, who hadn't been truly on the radar for a looooooong time
laugh.gif

If we wanna go the route of grammys and such, I'm pretty sure Common has a grammy, been nominated for others, and been in multiple movies and shows. All that stuff is irrelevant to me as I'm just paying attention to the music, but if someone wants to bring that up, well......there ya go
laugh.gif
Common came at him subliminally on Sweet, Drake responded via Stay Schemin, that's when Common freestyled over Stay Schemin, and by that time it was All Star Weekend and they squashed it

Back
Top Bottom