Dressing Better Vol 2.0

If you guys are getting the flagship APC in dark blue raw denim for that low of a price, that's a great deal. I rarely see them go on sale.

Last edited:
Heads Up :smokin

Jos A Bank has 3 for 1 Shoe Trees for $25. Slightly better deal than the previous $8.50 per shoe tree.

http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop/Product_11001_10050_101593

I was never really a Jos a. Bank kind of guy, but that's a good deal on the shoe trees.

EDIT: When I click the link, it's showing them on sale for $8.75. Weird. I'm still going to get 5.

Also, for my NYC people--They have them at the JAB Location on 44th and Madison. They're taking in phone orders and will honor the online price. The girl on the phone said she would put them on hold for me. Will be picked up after work. No way I'm spending $10 on shipping just to have something 10 mins from where I live :lol:

Last edited:

Alden for J. Crew > Alfred Sargent for J. Crew

EDIT: Crockett and Jones is heavily slept on in the thread as well.

Last edited:
It's not slept on but more that the average person lurking this thread don't have the bread to drop on a pair of c&j

Yup, same for Alfred Sargent. Still pissed that I barely lost an eBay action for a pair of suede Alfred Sargent shoes. Winning bid was only 180! Dude beat me at the last second

Last edited:
Question guys -

I have a grad party coming up for a friend who finished law school.

The invitation specified "cocktail attire", though I was probably going to rock with a suit and tie anyway.

I have an Express photographer that has yet to get any play, that I want to wear. Considering it's lighter nature, do you see it being a good fit with the CH Air Aidens that pop up in here pretty frequently?

If so, suggestions on shirt color combo? I like the suit but I'm used to regular navy/black/grey.

Last edited:
Photographer and aidens..
I'm bout that life

As for C&J's, definitely not slept on. Just don't got that kind of money bruh. (Yet :wink: )

I was never really a Jos a. Bank kind of guy, but that's a good deal on the shoe trees.

EDIT: When I click the link, it's showing them on sale for $8.75. Weird. I'm still going to get 5.

Also, for my NYC people--They have them at the JAB Location on 44th and Madison. They're taking in phone orders and will honor the online price. The girl on the phone said she would put them on hold for me. Will be picked up after work. No way I'm spending $10 on shipping just to have something 10 mins from where I live :lol:

Yup, I made a post after that saying that there now priced at $8.75.. I stopped in during my lunch break and also bought 5.. :smokin

Alden for J. Crew > Alfred Sargent for J. Crew

EDIT: Crockett and Jones is heavily slept on in the thread as well.

I don't think so. I have 2 pairs of Aldens via J. Crew and aside from the J. Crew tag, they're nothing special. I also saw those Sargents in person and felt they're on par. I have a pair of Sargents too, but not the bench grade. I ordered a hand grade pair with my initials on the sole and the hand is quite nice.

Alden's calf is nothing to write home about. The only cool thing they have going is shells.

C&J is a nice brand too. Have 3 myself. Like mentioned, not slept on but not too many in this thread want or can buy a pair.

Next pair will be Vass. Patiently waiting until Sept.

Wis I can't wait to grow up n be u... Dudes in here keep me inspired to hustle harder
Hopefully you're hustling legally!

Thanks for the kind words, man. I'm not that old though. I'm only 27 :lol: and I'm pretty ordinary too. I'm not the richest cat in the thread or anything.

Set your goals and do whatever it takes to reach them while staying true to your values, bro.

Sometimes I go off topic and talk about stuff like this, mostly because the dudes in here are regulars. As long as you have the hustle mentality, I'm sure you'll be fairly successful in life. Even looking back personally from the early days when I joined NT where I had to save up months in advance for $125 sneakers to where I am now makes me want to hustle even harder so I can make sure my mom is comfy forever and I can have some of the superlative things I enjoy.

I always see myself as the underdog because I wasn't born here, didn't attend top schools and don't have high ranking networks so I use that as fuel. The downside is that it can turn some people off, man. This was the downfall to me breaking up with the former gf. At this point my career is número uno so yeah....

This thread is pretty tight knit. It's great to keep in touch and see where we all go in the upcoming years.

Dinner in Dubai is still in the books by Adrian too in 5 years!

Got 6 today myself. The one in Paramus gave their Buy 1 Get 2 Free deal so they came out to around $8.33 each, guy there was like it's a better deal than the website, so I said that worked. Really good customer service that's for sure.

I don't think so. I have 2 pairs of Aldens via J. Crew and aside from the J. Crew tag, they're nothing special. I also saw those Sargents in person and felt they're on par. I have a pair of Sargents too, but not the bench grade. I ordered a hand grade pair with my initials on the sole and the hand is quite nice.

Alden's calf is nothing to write home about. The only cool thing they have going is shells.

C&J is a nice brand too. Have 3 myself. Like mentioned, not slept on but not too many in this thread want or can buy a pair.

Next pair will be Vass. Patiently waiting until Sept.

I heard the Bespoke Shoes from Vass are top notch. The experience making them are supposedly incredible.

Got 6 today myself. The one in Paramus gave their Buy 1 Get 2 Free deal so they came out to around $8.33 each, guy there was like it's a better deal than the website, so I said that worked. Really good customer service that's for sure.

Yeah, when I went to pick them up, the sales associate said they apply for the BOGO offer. I got 6 shoe trees and 3 shoe shine sponges for a total of $62 after NYC tax. Not bad.

Wis your two years older than me and its all legal I'm just working hard to improve my situation. Whenever I get a chance to share my story with this thread I think I will open a lot of eyes in regards to chasing dreams and really making a change for yourself.

This thread is just a small part of my overall chance and expansion into a global market I am eternally grateful for the knowledge bestowed upon me everyday both in and out of this thread/ site. I have so many things I've learned from NT alone it still amazes me to this day the value of just one internet forum.

I heard the Bespoke Shoes from Vass are top notch. The experience making them are supposedly incredible.
Yeah, when I went to pick them up, the sales associate said they apply for the BOGO offer. I got 6 shoe trees and 3 shoe shine sponges for a total of $62 after NYC tax. Not bad.
It probably is, but bespoke shoes are out of my league at the moment, my friend :lol:

I"ll just go with something like pebble grain calf wingtip for a first pair.

Wis your two years older than me and its all legal I'm just working hard to improve my situation. Whenever I get a chance to share my story with this thread I think I will open a lot of eyes in regards to chasing dreams and really making a change for yourself.

This thread is just a small part of my overall chance and expansion into a global market I am eternally grateful for the knowledge bestowed upon me everyday both in and out of this thread/ site. I have so many things I've learned from NT alone it still amazes me to this day the value of just one internet forum.
Best of luck, dude! I hope to hear from your plan soon :smile:

If there's one country to make it in, it's this one.

Today:

I need help with suit combinations bros.

I have a dark navy suit and short weekend Atlantic City vacation coming up.

Can't really figure out good color combinations. And I pretty much wanna avoid wearing a white shirt. I have a blue gingham shirt and a light blue shirt and I would like to incorporate one of those. Any help?

How does this look (excuse the wrinkled shirt and no pants :lol: )

I tried. All criticism welcome.

date night
If I was PS gifted, I'd take the chair out from behind you :lol:

I need help with suit combinations bros.

I have a dark navy suit and short weekend Atlantic City vacation coming up.

Can't really figure out good color combinations. And I pretty much wanna avoid wearing a white shirt. I have a blue gingham shirt and a light blue shirt and I would like to incorporate one of those. Any help?

How does this look (excuse the wrinkled shirt and no pants :lol: )

I tried. All criticism welcome.
Almost anything and everything goes with a dark navy suit....all colors and patterns.

That outfit is nice. You can even go with pattern tie to add some contrast.

Back
Top Bottom