Dressing Better Vol 2.0

It probably is, but bespoke shoes are out of my league at the moment, my friend :lol:

I"ll just go with something like pebble grain calf wingtip for a first pair.
Best of luck, dude! I hope to hear from your plan soon :smile:

If there's one country to make it in, it's this one.

Today:

Hit it on the head Wis! I might have been fortunate enough to have been born in the US but I definitely can't forget about the sacrifices my parent's made to come to the US and the sacrifices they still make today. My one piece of advice regardless of who you are or where you are from is to work hard at your goal, don't let anyone or anything get in your way and love what you do.

Wore this to the mall today to try to find a new pair of raw denim. Ended up ordering a pair of APC petit new standards, can't wait to get them!

Loving my new socks

Modern streetwear feat. Js:

Off topic: Won another slam dunk contest last weekend and I'm participating in one this weekend.

With part of the money I won i bought a Zara linen blazer and a linen shirt at a big discount. Quality is ok, nothing special. I'll post pics soon.

Casual friday yesterday. Was supposed to meet with Serg after in North Jersey and give him some of the stuff I bought for him but unfortunately my car was in the shop and took longer than expected. Ended up picking it up at 6...we had plans to meet at 4 :/ Next time famb:

Oh and this came in yesterday as well. For AE shoe products, hit up @crispboutique on IG. The dude who runs it asked if I was interested on buying via one of my accounts. He ended up giving me all this for $9 shipped :wow:

While up in the area, please believe i hit some thrift spots :tongue: All of these are pre polish. Total $60:
AE Walden sz 11D for da flip

Botticelli loafers for myself. Don't know much on the brand, anyone have some insight? :nerd:

Florsheim Imperial Longwing's in Shell Cordovan (SCORE!) sz 11C but honestly fits like a D/E for da flip

and finally, THE COOLEST GOD DAMB THING. These are already claimed for John btw (knightlovesqueen/robin thicke) But these longwing's are iron age made by bostonian. The construction on them feels sturdier than any of my AE's! I looked it up and found more info, apparently iron age created these bad boys back in the day for people who wanted to dress nice and still be safe in the workplace. These things are safety toed (like steel toe) and along with that, BRAND SPANKING NEW. Like I'm talking no wear, whatsoever, on the sole. Size 8.5 D

Here's a SFer selling the same pair here:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/130146/vintage-bostonian-tan-work-safe-longwings-12-d

And finally, got my suit back from the tailor yesterday and had my GF snap a quick pic. Unfortunately, I did not end up liking how much fabric still is left in the thigh. The leg was supposed to be exactly like the grey kenneth cole trousers I got back yesterday but I guess the measurements are slightly off. The opening is still a 7" but the thigh is slightly wider than the other. I'm gonna bring it back to my guy today. I don't think he would have a problem redoing them at no extra cost but here's the one pic:

Last edited:
In case no one said this already...Ralph Lauren has a sale this week 30% off the entire store. I had an additional 20% coupon on top of that and crushed it! If you are military you also get an additional 15% off with ID. Hope this helps someone!

Not directly DB related, but man...Nike has this whole sportswear thing on lock. I went to Niketown to see some stuff and I ended up spending more than I should. I bought a pair of shoes, 6 shirts, and a windbreaker jacket. They acknowledge that there are dudes who like to work out but also wear nice things so they cater to them. Some of these jackets were really nice, but pretty pricey...$180+. I saw compression pants with prints on them and all. I talked to a couple of dudes and they said the items move at retail pretty quickly. As I was in line, I looked around and see others were buying similar items as me, ie shoes, 4-5 tops, pants, hat, etc.

I like looking at the stuff in Niketown too but seems like Nike items are getting really expensive now. I only buy their stuff that I find at the outlet or discount stores now.

I would love to say I stopped collecting shoes but the truth is I haven't. Nike has me by the balls.

All I buy now is Flyknits and Frees though, they're really the only shoes appealing to me anymore. Oh, and there's also my un-dying love for Air Max 90s.

Wis, I'm very surprised nobody has boughten your Whiskey Bomber yet, you've got it at such a good price! If only I was your size :frown:

Last edited:
I like looking at the stuff in Niketown too but seems like Nike items are getting really expensive now. I only buy their stuff that I find at the outlet or discount stores now.
Even at outlets the discounts are minimal unless they're at the wall. I used to shop solely at outlets for workout gear. As a result, I would look like a rainbow with the gear :lol: since colors are usually weird and the saving was like $10 per shirt. I do agree with you though, a dri fit tank cost $40 or 50 now. Factor multiple and you're spending good money.

I would love to say I stopped collecting shoes but the truth is I haven't. Nike has me by the balls.

All I buy now is Flyknits and Frees though, they're really the only shoes appealing to me anymore. Oh, and there's also my un-dying love for Air Max 90s.

Wis, I'm very surprised nobody has boughten your Whiskey Bomber yet, you've got it at such a good price! If only I was your size :frown:
Mann I don't know why it's taking so long to sell. The price is very aggressive. I've had 7 people who said they were gonna buy and backed out. A couple of lowballers asked for $300, haha.

My 3 other TOJ pieces were sold within hours! And they weren't priced this nice.

Hey quick question for you guys.  I got a pair of Levi's 508's in a rigid dark wash.  Does anyone know if these jeans are gonna fade in the wash quickly?

Wis how much you want for that whiskey ToJ?...do you think it'll fit me?
I'm 5'9" at 160 lbs with a 37" chest. Are you around the same, dude? I'm on mobile now. I'll hit you up when I get on a CPU. How should I contact you? I heard you don't check your PMs :lol:

I'm 5'9" at 160 lbs with a 37" chest. Are you around the same, dude? I'm on mobile now. I'll hit you up when I get on a CPU. How should I contact you? I heard you don't check your PMs :lol:

im terrible with pm's but shoot me one....lol

im about 5'8" 163lbs...we seem to be about the same measurements, gitta measure my arm spand

Back
Top Bottom