Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Yeah Vegas is the worst place to wear Nice shoes out. My friends and I usually club hop and walk everywhere, so our shoes end up pretty beat up at the end of our night. Plus all that walking in leather soled shoes really hits you the next morning
Which is why basic casual shoes are fine. I only say rock good stuff if your in VIP or got a table and even then things may spill. I never understood why certain folks rock their most expensive things to the club half of the time if your really having fun, nobody even cares what sneakers or brand of shirt you got on.

what do you guys wear when you guys go out to clubs? been contemplating whether i should wear my nicer clothing or wear something cheaper/older since I know i will be sweating, near alcohol,etc.
I rarely go clubbing but when I do, it's cheap stuff like you mentioned. Shoes were desert boots I don't mind getting beat.

Last two times I went clubbing in Vegas I took my brown Park Avenues. Was comfortable all night, couple of scuffs, couple spills... one of them was a nightime pool party (XS: Nightswim).

All they needed was a good shine...

Leather yes... Suede, never.

Don't plan on wasting money on a cheap pair of shoes for the sole purpose of clubbing in Vegas. I don't go clubbing in LA, mainly hit bars/lounges so no need to go the Aldo :smile:x) route.

shoes are made to be worn, if they get scuffed they get scuffed (easier said than done - i always wear converses to the club, save my gucci and prada shoes for the day) :smokin

shoes are made to be worn, if they get scuffed they get scuffed (easier said than done - i always wear converses to the club, save my gucci and prada shoes for the day)
smokin.gif
Uhh I rather maintain my good shoes.

Last edited:
Just wear your damn shoes.

It gets scuffed, just send them to Adrian and he'll them back like new.

Good side gig right there.

Basically, came to the realization when I was in the market for a "cheap" pair of shoes. First, it's difficult to find a round or even chiseled toe shoe for under $100. They all seem to have squared toes and are bulky as hell. So I just rolled with it and took some Park Avenues which I consider "beaters" and were purchased during a "Factory Seconds" sale. Sacrificial lamb in a way. They were scuffed and had some water marks (alcohol spills). A good shine buffed that stuff out.

Since then, no damn way I'm spending $100 on cheap dress shoes, such a waste.

I
i know bruhs, i know....is just one of those things to me though....no matter how many tell me they hate it, i grew up lacing everything like that...next time i wear them ill lace them up all the way...
I actually like the lacing. Do you man..

Basically, came to the realization when I was in the market for a "cheap" pair of shoes. First, it's difficult to find a round or even chiseled toe shoe for under $100. They all seem to have squared toes and are bulky as hell. So I just rolled with it and took some Park Avenues which I consider "beaters" and were purchased during a "Factory Seconds" sale. Sacrificial lamb in a way. They were scuffed and had some water marks (alcohol spills). A good shine buffed that stuff out.

Since then, no damn way I'm spending $100 on cheap dress shoes, such a waste.
http://www.6pm.com/rj-colt-callahan-black

cheap yet still decent

I've had two pairs of my Clark's ruined going to bars when I was in school earlier this year smh when I eventually hit Vegas I hope that ill have added a few more pairs of dress shoes for my work rotation so ill take my oldest pair of black dress shoes, that way if they get ruined I won't be too upset bc ill have gotten a year or two out of em :smokin

those JCP wingtip shoes for $50 would be ideal for that though, they look decent but are cheap enough not to care if they get destroyed

RFX that's easy for you to say, we've all seen your wardrobe and how much everything costs :lol: for someone who just started my career recently like me, wearing $350 shoes to the club is not gonna happen. I need my nice stuff to remain nice for a loooong time until I start progressing financially. And Iron Man, I didn't purchase Aldos separately after already buying new shoes, they're leftovers from my college years

Last edited:
When I was younger and more club active I'd understand the cheap shoes to a club, nowadays when I hit a club is usually with a table service so I'm not out on the dance floor crowd wrestling...so now I don't mind rocking a nice pair of shoes, however I'm mostly in lounges to which I'll just wear a low profile pair of kicks....as long as you look trendy you'll get into any lounge I frequent anyways.

I went ahead and ordered off brand ones just to try them since they were so much cheaper and came as a variety of sizes. Here are the stays and magnets:
Amazon product ASIN B00DEZS24E
Amazon product ASIN B001KUWM3C
I'll let you guys know how they are, should be here Monday.

I did the same thing but got mine through eBay, 24 stays in various sizes and 20 magnets for about $9-10, not a bad deal. I almost order the same metal stays as you though lol.

I need big watches. When I flew in jets in the Navy, I needed something big to look down and could easily see time while I did my thang. I have gotten used to it. Every watch I wore was big and bulky.

On a side note this is super cool. Besides teaching and medicine, that is the only thing I would ever want to do.

Which is why basic casual shoes are fine. I only say rock good stuff if your in VIP or got a table and even then things may spill. I never understood why certain folks rock their most expensive things to the club half of the time if your really having fun, nobody even cares what sneakers or brand of shirt you got on.

It's like Macklemore says "trying to get girls from a brand" and too many dudes think that wearing their most expensive things it will get them one and as he then says they "hella won't."

Wear the best outfit or clothing everyday . Don't hold back, die fresh . Its just clothes..idk why dudes think they fresh rockin 300 dollar shoes and then are "afraid" to scuff em. If you can really afford 300 dollar shoes then treat them like shoes..not anything more than that, otherwise, you cant afford them. simple

Sup DB 2.0 Fam,

I plan on wearing this jacket to a weeding in two weeks with a similar shirt (trim fit pink gingham from Neiman Marcus).

Do you guys think I should have the jacket tailored? If yes, what areas?

Thanks!

Sup DB 2.0 Fam,

I plan on wearing this jacket to a weeding in two weeks with a similar shirt (trim fit pink gingham from Neiman Marcus).

Do you guys think I should have the jacket tailored? If yes, what areas?

Thanks!

Tuck your shirt in, button it to the top and button your jacket.

Then I could give you an assessment.

Last edited:
^ yes and if possible have someone snap a pic with your arms at rest. For sure sleeves will likely need to get shortened.

Guideline for the Xmas Secret Santa 2013:

Season greetings to all DB members! The Secret Santa program is open to all members with good intention. If you wish to participate, please PM "Grizzlyboy" and "sarteaga0408" with your name, Facebook page, and your wish list. Regulars of the thread can bypass this step if you do not have a Facebook. Your wish list can be something like "pants in size 30, cardigan in size medium, hat, etc". Please indicate if you would only prefer new items or would thrifted items be acceptable as well. Thrifted items would only be sent if they are in 'like new' condition, meaning no holes or imperfections, and cleaned prior to shipping. Also please indicate where you are located, ie USA, Canada, Japan, etc. The reason we ask for the location is so your Secret Santa can send out the gift sooner than later to ensure it arrives in time for Xmas.

All gifts have to be a minimum of $50. This can be collectively summed up from multiple items, ie a shirt that is $40 and a hat that is $25. If your Secret Santa is willing to accept thrifted items, you may only buy ONE item that is thrifted. The other items to meet the mandatory requirement of $50 must compose of new items. There is no maximum so feel free to splurge! The purposes of the program are to: 1) show that giving is as good, if not better than receiving, 2) to get everyone into a positive vibe for the holidays!

All gifts should be shipped out by the first week of December to ensure timely delivery in the USA. If your Secret Santa is in a different country, you may want to ship ahead to ensure they get it in a timely manner. Please PM the two members in charge once the gift is shipped.

If you wish to participate, please send the PM to the two members in charge of the program by 12AM PST on October 31, 2013. This will ensure that there is ample time to shop for your Secret Santa. You will get your Secret Santa and their wishlist within the first week of November.

Gift receipts are highly encouraged so the recipient can exchange for a proper size if need be. The ultimate goal of the program is to ensure no one gets shorthanded. We acknowledge that this thread gets a lot of views, and historically there have been members who tried to take advantage of someone else's kind gesture. With that said, we reserve the rights to refuse questionable individuals from partaking in the program.

Last edited:
yeah buddddddyyyyy!!!....DBSS is always dope :pimp:

btw DB bros, if you havent already done so, show me some support over at GQ in these two line ups, just scroll down, click on my name hover over the "how GQ im I?" button and click on "very" if you dont have an account you must make one but is very simple!

this week
http://www.gq.com/style/blogs/the-g...st-dressed-readers-of-the-week-september.html

a few weeks back
http://www.gq.com/style/blogs/the-g...e-guys-win-our-september-style-challenge.html

really appreciate it

yeah buddddddyyyyy!!!....DBSS is always dope :pimp:

btw DB bros, if you havent already done so, show me some support over at GQ in these two line ups, just scroll down, click on my name hover over the "how GQ im I?" button and click on "very" if you dont have an account you must make one but is very simple!

this week
http://www.gq.com/style/blogs/the-g...st-dressed-readers-of-the-week-september.html

a few weeks back
http://www.gq.com/style/blogs/the-g...e-guys-win-our-september-style-challenge.html

really appreciate it
Everyone is hoping Carlin gets theirs because that's an automatic pair of AEs. K will give his pair of Yeezy's. RFX will give away an M5. I will give away camo Nike Elite socks.

Back
Top Bottom