Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Guideline for the Xmas Secret Santa 2013:

Season greetings to all DB members! The Secret Santa program is open to all members with good intention. If you wish to participate, please PM "Grizzlyboy" and "sarteaga0408" with your name, Facebook page, and your wish list. Regulars of the thread can bypass this step if you do not have a Facebook. Your wish list can be something like "pants in size 30, cardigan in size medium, hat, etc". Please indicate if you would only prefer new items or would thrifted items be acceptable as well. Thrifted items would only be sent if they are in 'like new' condition, meaning no holes or imperfections, and cleaned prior to shipping. Also please indicate where you are located, ie USA, Canada, Japan, etc. The reason we ask for the location is so your Secret Santa can send out the gift sooner than later to ensure it arrives in time for Xmas.

All gifts have to be a minimum of $50. This can be collectively summed up from multiple items, ie a shirt that is $40 and a hat that is $25. If your Secret Santa is willing to accept thrifted items, you may only buy ONE item that is thrifted. The other items to meet the mandatory requirement of $50 must compose of new items. There is no maximum so feel free to splurge! The purposes of the program are to: 1) show that giving is as good, if not better than receiving, 2) to get everyone into a positive vibe for the holidays!

All gifts should be shipped out by the first week of December to ensure timely delivery in the USA. If your Secret Santa is in a different country, you may want to ship ahead to ensure they get it in a timely manner. Please PM the two members in charge once the gift is shipped.

If you wish to participate, please send the PM to the two members in charge of the program by 12AM PST on October 31, 2013. This will ensure that there is ample time to shop for your Secret Santa. You will get your Secret Santa and their wishlist within the first week of November.

Gift receipts are highly encouraged so the recipient can exchange for a proper size if need be. The ultimate goal of the program is to ensure no one gets shorthanded. We acknowledge that this thread gets a lot of views, and historically there have been members who tried to take advantage of someone else's kind gesture. With that said, we reserve the rights to refuse questionable individuals from partaking in the program.

In. PM'd Serg and Grizzly.

Reactions: wj4
seems legit.
If anyone is wondering why Carlin hasn't been posting, it's because he left AE and is training with Carmina in Spain. He grew a beard, adopted an accent, and changed his name to Carlito Ferdinand de Guzman. Once he gets in :pimp: we will be swimming in Carminas, dudes.

Updated my blog last night...my struggle style blog that is...how does one build an audience!?

i feel like i just saw bigfoot, or a yeti, or some other mythical creature...just saw who joined the FB group lol

i feel like i just saw bigfoot, or a yeti, or some other mythical creature...just saw who joined the FB group lol

jHcNl.gif

To my man looking for the Dalton's I jus got an email back from the shoe bank they told me the Dalton's will be back in salt on 9.30.2013 don't sleep this time

Updated my blog last night...my struggle style blog that is...how does one build an audience!?
Hey K,

You need to determine who your audience(s) are. From what I've gathered, you have a following here on NT and would attract the younger crowd who still wear sneakers and is dabbing into menswear a bit. Surely, the older folks who knows a crapload about menswear would not be interested. They will probably have a heart attack if they see how you lace your casual and formal shoes :lol:

After you have determined who your audience is, you need to get their attention and keep them coming back. This means blog regularly and post original contents. A good blog is pretty much a full time job.

Utilize your network to spread your blog. This is why a forum like Tumblr is so popular. Much like IG, a lot of people do the "follow me, will follow back" thing. I've seen pre teens who do nothing but reblog have 10k+ followers.

People like free things. Giveaways always help. I was curious to see if that would really work and sure enough, my page view jumped up noticeably when I offered the home made bracelets for free on my Tumblr a while back. That number dropped back down after the contest was over.

You need to interact with other bloggers(in other words follow more people)

venture into other style forums or sites and post regularly(maybe include your blog in your signature)

Plus figure what is your blogs purpose. Like what makes your blog any better or different from other style blogs. Right now no offense, it seems far to basic.

Since we all love/loved sneakers at one point, do you guys think the Jordan sneakers would've been popular as they are now if Mike was playing with the Knicks, Lakers or another team with more outlandish colors? I feel that because he played for the Bulls, the black/white/red colors were utilized extremely well and those colors are pretty easy to wear which made them popular. I'm not sure how many different colorways they can tweak out of the gold and purple and still sell. Random question while awaiting at the dealership I guess :lol:

Since we all love/loved sneakers at one point, do you guys think the Jordan sneakers would've been popular as they are now if Mike was playing with the Knicks, Lakers or another team with more outlandish colors? I feel that because he played for the Bulls, the black/white/red colors were utilized extremely well and those colors are pretty easy to wear which made them popular. I'm not sure how many different colorways they can tweak out of the gold and purple and still sell. Random question while awaiting at the dealership I guess
laugh.gif
Yup, why not? Don't you see how well his Wizards Jordans were?

Can someone please recommend me a nice looking passport holder? I'm going to be traveling soon and I figured I could use a nice looking passport holder. I looked at , Polo Ralph Lauren, Brooks Brothers, J. Crew and Paul Stuart but couldn't find anything I liked. I'm considering looking into the leather goods brands i.e. Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Coach etc etc but that just seems way too tacky :kik

Back
Top Bottom