Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Yeah with your build, small should do just fine.

As it is like a sweater, it makes me think that alterations should not cost the same as a regular jacket. Might touch the sleeves up and even possibly suppress the mid a tad.

As for da popover...I'm fiending for one for the summer :evil: Finna look into J.Crew if not MTM somewhere

The J Crew one is flames man. I wanted to try it on since I saw it in the catalog. Once I had it on in the dressing room I knew it was one of those J Crew items I had to have right then so I just went ahead and paid retail for it. Came out to $93 with tax but worth it IMO since I know I'll be wearing it a lot. I'll post pics up some time soon.

Thing is hard as hell to take off though :lol:

Edit: WTF? Just checked online and now they are running the 30% on the one I bought :smh: https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shirts/Long_Sleeve_Popovers/PRDOVR~A0886/A0886.jsp

Last edited:
Yeah with your build, small should do just fine.

As it is like a sweater, it makes me think that alterations should not cost the same as a regular jacket. Might touch the sleeves up and even possibly suppress the mid a tad.

As for da popover...I'm fiending for one for the summer :evil: Finna look into J.Crew if not MTM somewhere

The J Crew one is flames man. I wanted to try it on since I saw it in the catalog. Once I had it on in the dressing room I knew it was one of those J Crew items I had to have right then so I just went ahead and paid retail for it. Came out to $93 with tax but worth it IMO since I know I'll be wearing it a lot. I'll post pics up some time soon.

Thing is hard as hell to take off though :lol:
Bro return and cop again online:

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category...e&isSaleItem=false&isNewSearch=true&hash=row1

30% off with code GOSHOP

Did you pay with a jcrew card?
If you did contact customer service and ask for a price adjustment.

Those popovers caught my eye, but like you said they looked like they would be tough to put on and off.

You literally posted this as I edited mines. I already wore it and ditched the receipt though
tired.gif

See if they will do a price adjusment, they should have record of your purchase in their system

"You should spend a little more and go with Suit Supply" 
wink.gif

I thought you were the one who had a terrible experience with Indochino?  Or was that another MTM?
Not me, I've had pretty good experiences with them.
Really like this
pimp.gif
Might have to steal this outfit actually
laugh.gif
That's a Uniqlo jacket? Still available online or is it older? I need a cheap navy blazer.
Told him the same thing lol
Let me specify...didn't you have to have a suit from Indochino (or somewhere else) remade due to poor fitting?  Just wondering if that's a good option with a 1 month timeframe.

Told him the same thing lol

I'm looking on Uniqlo.com right now :lol: It looks like the Dry Comfort Jacket. What size are you wearing pinoy732 pinoy732 ?

Go TTS. Mines a large and fits well
...you copped navy right?

Surprised you aint scoop a black one too. Mr. Goth Ninja

The only one I own is black. 8)
:lol: figures

:wink:

^I called the store I bought from they said the sale is online only to get rid of extra inventory at the warehouse so my only option for the price match would be what you suggested. Order it online, return in store. Don't have the receipt though and it's just not worth the hassle to get like $20. Oh well. Anyone else looking to cop should take advantage of that 30% though. Looks like some other decent items included as well.

I like this shirt because it is flat/straight on the bottom and has some small slits on the side. Plus the popover buttons obviously. It's a nice change of pace from the traditional button up.

Last edited:
^I called the store I bought from they said the sale is online only to get rid of extra inventory at the warehouse so my only option for the price match would be what you suggested. Order it online, return in store. Don't have the receipt though and it's just not worth the hassle to get like $20. Oh well. Anyone else looking to cop should take advantage of that 30% though. Looks like some other decent items included as well.

I like this shirt because it is flat/straight on the bottom and has some small slits on the side. Plus the popover buttons obviously. It's a nice change of pace from the traditional button up.
Yeah I'm actually heading to a brick and mortar in a few minutes during my lunch break. I know that slim would be a bish getting on but wanna make sure I'm satisfied with the classic fit drape.

Who knows? Maybe they'll be nice and let me scoop in person with that deal :\

Otherwise, I'll order when I get back. Going for either mineral stripe or solid white.

^Nice. I got a small also. My roommate is probably an inch shorter than me but jacked. He tried mine on when I got it and really liked the fit. But... I had to help him take it off, he called me "dad" during the process :rofl: Thing is seriously ridiculous to get on/off but when it's on :pimp: I can't wear this shirt after an intense shoulder workout though :smh:

^Nice. I got a small also. My roommate is probably an inch shorter than me but jacked. He tried mine on when I got it and really liked the fit. But... I had to help him take it off, he called me "dad" during the process :rofl: Thing is seriously ridiculous to get on/off but when it's on :pimp: I can't wear this shirt after an intense shoulder workout though :smh:
My hurr game looked wild when i was slipping it off....no bueno :lol:

Going to Vegas in a few weeks,a nd I have no idea what to wear when we go out to clubs. 1. I rarely go out to clubs (the lady has your boy on a short leash). 2. I want to wear a suit(s) when I go out, but I know it's incredibly hot, and I don't think being sweaty and uncomfortable in a club is bueno no matter how good a suit might look. Any advice from the fellow bros who have been to vegas and done the club thing please help me out! Also, I'm not a fan of the dress pants/vest only thing . . .I've never tried it, but a jacket is just always better imo. Thanks for the help, guys!

Going to Vegas in a few weeks,a nd I have no idea what to wear when we go out to clubs. 1. I rarely go out to clubs (the lady has your boy on a short leash). 2. I want to wear a suit(s) when I go out, but I know it's incredibly hot, and I don't think being sweaty and uncomfortable in a club is bueno no matter how good a suit might look. Any advice from the fellow bros who have been to vegas and done the club thing please help me out! Also, I'm not a fan of the dress pants/vest only thing . . .I've never tried it, but a jacket is just always better imo. Thanks for the help, guys!
Cop the Uniqlo Dry Comfort or Linen Blend jacket. I posted my DC joint a few pages back along with a review.

Wear with linen trousers from them or like H&M. Something you don't mind beating up. Go for the suit separate vibe with a linen/cotton shirt, no tie, and a colorful PS. As for shoes, cop some beater loafers. Maybe from Bass ?

Ordered a suit from indochino before. Had one of their traveling tailors do the whole thing for me and it still fit wrong. Wasn't too impressed with the quality either although I did like the details you could add to the suit. Ended up returning it.

I do need a suit soon though for upcoming weddings. Wish I had a suit supply around here. I love Their suits

Ordered a suit from indochino before. Had one of their traveling tailors do the whole thing for me and it still fit wrong. Wasn't too impressed with the quality either although I did like the details you could add to the suit. Ended up returning it.

I do need a suit soon though for upcoming weddings. Wish I had a suit supply around here. I love Their suits
Free shipping cuh. Order the fits you like, see what works best.

Cop the Uniqlo Dry Comfort or Linen Blend jacket. I posted my DC joint a few pages back along with a review.

Wear with linen trousers from them or like H&M. Something you don't mind beating up. Go for the suit separate vibe with a linen/cotton shirt, no tie, and a colorful PS. As for shoes, cop some beater loafers. Maybe from Bass ?
@Pinoy732  The Uniqlo Blazer would definitely work. Maybe paired with some white trousers, blue loafers, white shirt and colorful pocket square? Too much or could that work?

Back
Top Bottom