Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Sup, Im having trouble finding a pair of navy blue work casual work shoes.. . wondering if any of you guys can direct me to a site.
looking to spend btw 100-150ish
What are work shoes? Like boots or actual bluchers?

I really dig the over shirt jacket look. It's still casual, but when worn with a collar shirt, it's still clean cut.
6534048001_5ca3f6b38e_b.jpg

I don't get how to tie a bow tie. I've watched like 7 videos on youtube and I don't get it. I get every up until you put the longer side over the front of the first bow tie. There's supposed to be a loop formed in the back. What they fail to mention is it is the loop of frustration and death. Any pointers?
Put your index finger in there to keep the loop open, and push the long side through there at the mid-point. Shuffle the longer side through, and as you go the tie's gonna get tight, so just loosen the knot up as you go, and keep shuffling the long end through until it's to the point it needs to be. As you go, readjust and tighten the point of the tie from the first step where you crossed the ends.

I hope that made some sort of sense.

Last edited:
to guys that own clarks desert boots. how do the soles hold up since they are like crepe or whatever material you call it. seems like they will wear down really fast ?

The best investment you can make is in yourself, my man. I always stress this. I would rather be in shape and have a weak wardrobe than vice versa. During my transitional stage, I wore cheap Levi's, hoody/sweater, and t shirt until my goal was reached.

thanks for the kind words bro

to guys that own clarks desert boots. how do the soles hold up since they are like crepe or whatever material you call it. seems like they will wear down really fast ?
I still have my pair. I bought it 3-4 years ago and wore it on a regular basis during the first couple years before I can afford better footwear. They wear down quicker than hardened rubber sole, but you're not going to be replacing them on a monthly basis. They should last you at least a year if you wear them regularly and go hard on them. Just don't wear them in the rain/snow/slush...no traction.

I don't know if you guys use myhabit or not. But they usually have stuff way better than Gilt.
Here's my invitation link if you want to join. link

If you don't want to use that one, I'm sure there is another link somewhere where you can just join.
Few things I'm thinking about grabbing

Always wanted a mac, but really want a navy Burberry now.

Not bad at all for 55 bucks

Last edited:
I'm also starting to buy into the shirt-jacket ("shacket") trend. I've been experimenting with a few thicker flannel/wool shirts.

Here's my first sneaker entry:

8133765904_e74aa8e227_z.jpg

Tee: BR
Shirt: J. Crew
Pants: Dockers Alpha
Sneakers: Converse JP Leather Low

Last edited:
I'm also starting to buy into the shirt-jacket ("shacket") trend. I've been experimenting with a few thicker flannel/wool shirts.
Here's my first sneaker entry:
8133765904_e74aa8e227_z.jpg

Tee: BR
Shirt: J. Crew
Pants: Dockers Alpha
Sneakers: Converse JP Leather Low
Thanks for joining the challenge. I think a white or grey undershirt would look better. Proportion looks good though! FYI however, the thicker shirts like flannels that you're wearing are different than the shirt jackets. Those things are jackets that look like shirts...would be impossible to tuck them into your trousers unless you have an extra inch or so.

On another note....007 wears Tom Ford really well. My fav 007 to date.

http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/images/2012/06/Skyfall-image.png

Last edited:
old navy has a really nice camo shirt jacket for 25. didnt realize it was starting to be a trend. i got confused when i saw it thinking it was a shirt with huge buttons lol.

edit: heres the link
30 but 25 percent off

Last edited:
We talked a while back about posting old pictures of ourselves. I found some pictures on an SD card from 2005 or so. I wish I had some HS ones (class of 2003) when I wore 3XL shirts :lol:

28chbio.jpg

:smh::smh::smh::smh:

I'll play... excuse for the quick blur/crop

- denim top/jacket
- black tshirt
- slight drop crotch olive pants
- lunargrand chukkas

We talked a while back about posting old pictures of ourselves. I found some pictures on an SD card from 2005 or so. I wish I had some HS ones (class of 2003) when I wore 3XL shirts :lol:
28chbio.jpg

:smh::smh::smh::smh:

wow! what a transformation man. congrats.

this is what i mean. i hope the folks in this thread who are fat choose to live better before dressing better.

i dont care how cool u look in your chinos and desert boots when youre a walking cholesterol receptacle

Back
Top Bottom